Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Reyhan

Re: Ask!

Post by Reyhan »

Okay. Absolutely random question & out of pure curiosity, so i'm sure no one's asked.

Which one of you guys(all the devs) knows martial arts? :D
Emi Shizune Lilly Rin Hanako

tumblr
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Hans PK wrote: Since I'm not sure that it's already been asked, what music/musicians do/did you guys listen to? I figure that if finding out about the books you read led me to Haruki Murakami, I might as well ask about this.
A little bit of everything: Dillinger Four, Decemberists, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, the Slackers, Jawbreaker (Emi's bad end was written while listening to Sluttering (May 4th), because at the time it perfectly matched the mood. Not so sure I'd still say that's the case, but it worked at the time), the Hold Steady, Kanye West, Outkast, P.O.S, Atmosphere, Jay Z, Big Boi, MF Doom, Ghostface Killa, Raekwon, I guess just the whole Wu Tang Clan, Groove Armada when I feel like remembering old car commercials, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Aphex Twin, Frightened Rabbit, the Weakerthans, Drive By Truckers, Monster Magnet, Nirvana because of course Nirvana I was a child of the 90s, um... other bands?

These days I have been exploring hip-hop ("these days" meaning like the past couple years), because it is a thing I never paid enough attention to as a youth. In between bouts of just blaring all the Joyce Manor tracks I can get my hands on because it is great sloppy dancing punk rock, of course.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Reyhan wrote:Okay. Absolutely random question & out of pure curiosity, so i'm sure no one's asked.

Which one of you guys(all the devs) knows martial arts? :D
We all have a pink belt in Wing Tsun and Wing Dere.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
I_Pick_Emi

Post by I_Pick_Emi »

Hey, I've got a couple questions.
1st, what's the name of the software that u used to make Katawa Shoujo, (you don't have to answer it if you don't want to) because I really like how this Visual Novel was created and the artwork, etc.

2nd, I read somewhere that you guys might be making a Katawa Shoujo 3 (and skipping Katawa Shoujo 2 for a various reasons). If that is true, when will that be released for everyone to download and play on here?

Thank you for your time ^_^
Katawa Shoujo is my favorite visual novel!
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I_Pick_Emi wrote:Hey, I've got a couple questions.
1st, what's the name of the software that u used to make Katawa Shoujo, (you don't have to answer it if you don't want to) because I really like how this Visual Novel was created and the artwork, etc.

2nd, I read somewhere that you guys might be making a Katawa Shoujo 3 (and skipping Katawa Shoujo 2 for a various reasons). If that is true, when will that be released for everyone to download and play on here?

Thank you for your time ^_^
Katawa Shoujo is my favorite visual novel!
1) If you mean the engine running KS, that's Ren'py, but we used dozens of different programs for KS, each specialized for a different thing. Here are some of the main ones:

Text: Openoffice, Word, various notepad software
Art: Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, 3ds Max, Blender, Illustrator
Video: After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Handbrake
Audio: FL Studio, Finale, Audacity
Éngineering: Ren'py, NSIS, Wine, VMWare, DMGCanvas
Workflow: Redmine, SubVersion, Trac

2) You fell for an April Fools joke.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

What's Naomi's natural hair color?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Aura wrote:3ds Max, Blender
Okay, you've piqued my interest. I don't recall any 3D in KS. What did you use modelling software for?
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest Poster wrote:What's Naomi's natural hair color?
Bald
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:
Okay, you've piqued my interest. I don't recall any 3D in KS. What did you use modelling software for?
The movies. Also, the background of the classroom CG.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Aura wrote:
Bald
So if Naomi is bald. And is a moe-ified version/author avatar of Delta. Does that mean Delta is bald? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Aura wrote:
Bald
Translation: We never decided for ourselves. :lol:
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Aura wrote:
BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:
The movies. Also, the background of the classroom CG.
I did some work with Google Sketchup for a number of the CG backgrounds. Shizune student council room, Emi dorm room, and the Rin art classroom off the top of my head.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

This can probably be answered by non-dev, but can you list which dev wrote which KS route, including manly picnic and act 1? And if there's such post and it was already answered, please guide me to it.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Act 1 was mostly me and A22, but all the writers participated in writing it. The bad ending scene in it is by A22.

Emi: Hivemind
Hanako: crud and Suriko
Lilly: Suriko
Rin: Aura
Shizune: A22
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Thank you.