Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

Misfile17

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Misfile17 »

Terrato wrote:while KS wasn't my first VN, it's the only one i've ever held so much respect for. so much so that well, for lack of better words; i wasn't playing for the same reason most people play VN's. i assume most of us feel this way... KS is really so well written that you can't help but want to believe everything is real.
Yeah thats how I feel aswell. So many things about KS are just so perfect ! xD
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

I'm going to drop the spoilers, because if someone hasn't finished Lilly's route, he shouldn't read this thread anyway.

Just finished Lilly's route. It was really beautiful and I enjoyed watching Hanako becoming more independent. However, the whole back and forth between losing Lilly and not losing her was dragged out a little bit too much at the end. I mean, aren't there enough twists?
Hisao thinks he's lost Lilly :( , he goes after her :D , he misses her at the Hakamichi residence :( , he catches up with her at the airport :D , he thinks he's about to die :( , he survives :D , he thinks Lilly is gone :( , it turns out Lilly hasn't left :D .

As a reader, you can almost feel Hisao's adrenaline rush. I was literally cheering for him at my screen and when he thought that he's about to die, I was almost holding my breath for a second. That was very intense. It would have been great if Hisao would have regained consciousness and confronted Lilly at the airport. Instead, the tension is completely broken by adding the last twist and putting him into hospital. I mean, it's great that Lilly hasn't left and all, but at that point, all the tension was gone and it felt like "Oh btw, Lilly's still here. The end!".

But I make it sound somewhat harsh. Actually, I love the idea of the airport rush, it reminded me of the the last episode of There She Is!!: Imagine (final step).

Also, "I think I broke Misha" cracked me up. And the reconciliation between Lilly and Shizune was very cute. :)
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

Well, some have mentioned that the end was a little cliché but I personally enjoyed it because it was a hell of an emotional rollercoaster ride and was well placed.
It is really there to get you emotionally involved with the characters, at least in my opinion, and get your adrenalin up.
At least I loved it!
"[...] it's just a ride."
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

I'm to weak :/ I cried on that one (until the good twist show up) :/ (and Hanako BAD ending....
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

t0xic wrote:I'm to weak :/ I cried on that one (until the good twist show up) :/ (and Hanako BAD ending....
You aren't weak for crying, I cried several times during my time with KS, and I probably will when I go back to it to experience it all over again, Weakness has nothing to do with how emotions work so don't think things like that. KS is something so magical and evocative that it makes us feel this way, theres no shame in that :3
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Misfile17 wrote:
t0xic wrote:I'm to weak :/ I cried on that one (until the good twist show up) :/ (and Hanako BAD ending....
You aren't weak for crying, I cried several times during my time with KS, and I probably will when I go back to it to experience it all over again, Weakness has nothing to do with how emotions work so don't think things like that. KS is something so magical and evocative that it makes us feel this way, theres no shame in that :3
Maybe you are both weak. Men are not supposed to cry, they're only allowed to shed a single manly tear in silence. :D
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Panty Supervisor wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:
Maybe you are both weak. Men are not supposed to cry, they're only allowed to shed a single manly tear in silence. :D
I was silent XD and single manly tear now calls "hollywood cry" :P and it's lame :3
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Panty Supervisor wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:
Maybe so, But I've never thought of my emotions as a sign of weakness, And I'm happy I can show my emotions so easily, :3
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

indeed, i don't know why tears should turn a man into a woman... the simple reasoning behind it is simply... childish. There are plenty of things i've cried for, Lilly's and Hanako's routes included.

--edit--
but if it just so happens that this can't be changed, then i guess i mine as well be part woman (emotionally)
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Terrato wrote:indeed, i don't know why tears should turn a man into a woman... the simple reasoning behind it is simply... childish. There are plenty of things i've cried for, Lilly's and Hanako's routes included.

--edit--
but if it just so happens that this can't be changed, then i guess i mine as well be part woman (emotionally)
^ That, It doesn't make you less of a man for being able to cry and show emotions, And Lilly and Hanako's routes were the biggest tearjerkers ever xD
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

nevertheless, what man wouldn't shed tears for such a masterpiece
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Terrato wrote:nevertheless, what man wouldn't shed tears for such a masterpiece
One without a soul or a heart to call his own, That's who. <3 KS
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Misfile17 wrote:
Terrato wrote:nevertheless, what man wouldn't shed tears for such a masterpiece
One without a soul or a heart to call his own, That's who. <3 KS
True! :)
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

Even Hisao shed a tear with a temporary pacemaker, so that doesn't mean anyone can use that as an excuse D:
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Terrato wrote:Even Hisao shed a tear with a temporary pacemaker, so that doesn't mean anyone can use that as an excuse D:
*sighs * ah Lilly......XD