How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Exdi

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by Exdi »

I got a link from a friend on an article about this game, went and checked out the website, got peer pressured into downloading and playing it, was thoroughly impressed, lurked around the shimmie for a while, and then got tired of anonymously posting lame puns in the comments, and here I am.
Not really a fan of plays on words. I perfer ones on stages.
Out of the Loop

Post by Out of the Loop »

K_Amelia wrote:I saw a couple of screencaps, google'ed the name, and here I am.
Either way, I'm hooked.
This.
Malinor

Post by Malinor »

I had recently added myself into the VN scene when, to my surprise, a few of my friends started talking about this. They all visit the chans, which I tend to avoid outside of bouts of extreme boredom, so they had of course joined in on all the hullabaloo that surrounded the release of the demo. I nabbed it for myself not knowing at all what to expect (my favorite way to experience anything) outside of crippled girls and possibly a few internet memes and was pleasantly surprised.
Treerik

Post by Treerik »

I saw Katawa Shoujo mentioned on the Shangri-la fansubs front page.
"I get ignored. Therefore I am"
carbonartistmonked

Post by carbonartistmonked »

first saw some scenes from fakku
but couldn't be bother :shock:

couple of months later
i crashed my counter strike badly
lost all games
so i just go around randomly
and found myself here through fakku :o
a member of carbon artist associates and P.R.O.J.E.C.T.

Pure.Rubbish.Old.Junk.Enters.Comic.Theories

krabbymcnabby

Post by krabbymcnabby »

I heard mention of a disability dating game, was like WTF? got interested looked it up, wasn't what i thought (I thought they were talking about mentally disabled people which would've been awkward), Looked up info, played demo, Hooked
Malus_Phasmatis

Post by Malus_Phasmatis »

A friend told me about it around a week after the release. He said that it was interesting, and that I should download it and see for myself. Since we usually have similar interests I took his word for it. Once I had played through it I had started to notice threads about it on 4chan and eventually was linked to the forums.
"Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it."
Mundetiam

Post by Mundetiam »

Someone mentioned KS in passing on a forum I occasionally visit. I went to the site and was intrigued immensely.

The rest is history.
XtC

Post by XtC »

Summer teach was criticizing disgusting culture, mentioned a bunch of games with translated names, saw cripple girls, teach actually singled this game out as pure garbage, i tried the demo out of my hatred for her, and now after i disagree with her in three days I'll probably fail but dammit it'll be for a worthy cause.
cheesegrater3

Post by cheesegrater3 »

Fakku posted a link to the demo, I thought....a visual novel on cripples.....why not?(It was actually the first visual novel I played) To make things short, I played it, loved it, and wanted moar.

Obey the cheese!
Kamon

Post by Kamon »

I think I was just randomly browsing around on TV Tropes, looking at list of Visual Novels. I saw a link to a game I had never even heard of. After pulling myself away from TV Tropes [a feat in and of itself], I downloaded the demo and was in KS heaven.
Paths complete: Lilly, Emi
Current path: Shizune
Current percentage: 69%. It's a sex thing.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

XtC wrote:Summer teach was criticizing disgusting culture, mentioned a bunch of games with translated names, saw cripple girls, teach actually singled this game out as pure garbage, i tried the demo out of my hatred for her, and now after i disagree with her in three days I'll probably fail but dammit it'll be for a worthy cause.
Your school teacher mentioned Katawa Shoujo in class? Seriously?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
fkas

Post by fkas »

Got linked to the game from a topic on the GameFAQs message boards. Never played any dating sims, nor had had any previous interest in them, but the premise seemed too interesting to pass up. That was some time in the end of June, and I've been lurking the forums after my first run-through, getting Hanako on my first try <3.
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

XtC wrote:Summer teach was criticizing disgusting culture, mentioned a bunch of games with translated names, saw cripple girls, teach actually singled this game out as pure garbage, i tried the demo out of my hatred for her, and now after i disagree with her in three days I'll probably fail but dammit it'll be for a worthy cause.
If what you say is true, then you should take the latest blog post and shove it in her smug face. Kick rules and respect to curb!

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!

Post by Guest »

Someone mentioned the project on a game forum I visit and merely described the game as a fun visual novel/dating sim. So I visited the site, read the character profiles, found out it was about disabled people and downloaded the game. I loved playing it, read the wikipedia article on it and THEN discovered the full game would be sexual in nature. Couldn't tell from merely playing the demo. Not just because there's no sex in the demo, but also because the main character isn't the perpetually horny dude who wonders about what sex would be like with the girl he just got introduced to before wondering what kind of person she is.