Little confused with Misha...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

justsomeguy

Little confused with Misha...

Post by justsomeguy »

So I know that Shizune is a path choice, but is Misha? She just seems like a major character that would have her own, but if there is on I can't find it.
TheUnusedUsername

Re: Little confused with Misha...

Post by TheUnusedUsername »

As of now, there is no path for Misha. The very chance that a Misha path will ever surface is slim.

Unless the devs have been keeping a huge secret like that under wraps, of course, but there's not enough proof to even speculate.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

While Misha gets a fair amount of lines, there is no chance for her having a path.
[shimmie]1[/shimmie]
KS was inspired by this colored doujin omake page. It has the five main heroines in the game. The dev team plans to stick to this. Misha was created later as a means to communicate with Shizune. In this way, she's less of her own character, and more a part of Shizune.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Yeah, unfortunately, Misha probably won't get her own route. Personally, I like to think of it like...
Misha probably knows Shizune better than anyone, and the two of them are practically inseparable. I think if Hisao ever tried to pursue Misha, she wouldn't be able to leave Shizune behind. Not that Shizune would be unwelcome, but that she'd be thrown off that her best friend suddenly has a part of her life that they can't share. Otherwise, since Misha is often Shizune's interpreter and link to the students who can't sign, she would lose a lot of connections all at once. Because of her attitude, it may be hard for her to find more friends easily.

On the other hand, if Hisao pursues Shizune, Misha knows she can trust him to treat her well. I think we know by now that he'll learn to sign at some point, and Misha will probably be OK on her own and be able to find new friends. Thus, even if Misha *can* develop feelings for Hisao in the game, I think there would be a very tearful scene where she decides she couldn't leave Shizune in good conscience, and has to reject Hisao.

A scene that includes this CG T_T
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2114
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

And then there's the fact that in this post, the devs outright say that:
- Demanding Misha route, or changes to current routes
is bad.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
bintoy

Post by bintoy »

Sajomir wrote:Yeah, unfortunately, Misha probably won't get her own route. Personally, I like to think of it like...
Misha probably knows Shizune better than anyone, and the two of them are practically inseparable. I think if Hisao ever tried to pursue Misha, she wouldn't be able to leave Shizune behind. Not that Shizune would be unwelcome, but that she'd be thrown off that her best friend suddenly has a part of her life that they can't share. Otherwise, since Misha is often Shizune's interpreter and link to the students who can't sign, she would lose a lot of connections all at once. Because of her attitude, it may be hard for her to find more friends easily.

On the other hand, if Hisao pursues Shizune, Misha knows she can trust him to treat her well. I think we know by now that he'll learn to sign at some point, and Misha will probably be OK on her own and be able to find new friends. Thus, even if Misha *can* develop feelings for Hisao in the game, I think there would be a very tearful scene where she decides she couldn't leave Shizune in good conscience, and has to reject Hisao.

A scene that includes this CG T_T
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2114
I accidentally found Katawa Shoujo when I was looking for new games. First time I played it, I was immediately drawn to Misha. But your explanation has been on my mind as well (in fact I've been attempting to discuss it with my barely interested sister). It's impossible to be on a lover level with either of Shizune/Misha without being at least a close friend to the other. Makes the pain even greater(for me, since I wanted Misha :o).
But I'm not sure if Misha will have to move on, she's still part of the Student Council, and they're just 3 people.XD Need all the hands available.

that CG made me cry man..damn.T_T
heresy grows from idleness! -warhammer space marine