Hanako's Face

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Smoku

Re: Hanako's Face

Post by Smoku »

kosherbacon will have a word with you.

Anyway, yea, I think Hanako's scars are more severe then "your average" scarred person, but they definitely aren't as absolutely gruesome as this.

I wouldn't mind for the secret of all her looks to be revealed though.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

a3d wrote:(inb4 let me rub my cum in yo burn scars)
FTFY

EDIT: Further evidence that I need to get the fuck off of 4chan. orz
(That's "fixed that for you," for what it's worth.)

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
Last edited by Silentcook on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: What the Hell is this post even SAYING? (insert Full Metal Jacket drill sergeant-esque rant here) :p
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

The difference from that Harvey Dent scene and Hanako is the source of the fire. Hanako's was from her home burning that claimed the life of her father. Harvey was, in actuallity, was from a chemical fire in both movie and the original source.
Hanako's scar would much more resemble those that this guest linked to.
Guest wrote:She was burned when she was like five, it's not going to look like that anymore. It'll probably look more like this, but more severe:
http://www.microskincenter.com/images/s ... 20Scar.jpg
Besides, haven't we had this thread already?
And I don't believe we had a seperate thread, but I do remember discussing this somewhere.
I think her disability is more in the sense of her social and self-esteem issues rather than her burns.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Wraith_Magus

Post by Wraith_Magus »

I would also say that Harvey Dent's face from the Dark Knight is SO badly burned that I doubt a real person would survive the sort of infections that they would get from having basically an open wound that you can even see leaving blood on anything it touches covering half your head. I think they even mention in the movie that Dent was going to die within a couple days if he wouldn't submit to the reconstructive surgery the doctors were talking about.

Basically, it's a little odd to say that "The Batman Movie is more realistic", even if it is Darker and Edgier, because Hanako's burns seem to be spreading to cover quite a bit of her body, and realistically, you just don't have good odds of living through having 40% of your body covered in third-degree burns.

Besides that, burn victims often get skin grafts (and considering how absurdly nice the school they go to is, Hanako probably gets very good health care options,) to actually restore their flesh as best the doctors can, although it does leave scarring.

I'm actually somewhat curious as to whether Hanako has lost some of her sense of touch, though.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Last time this thread was made, we figured one of the main reasons Hanako was considered disabled was the crapload of medical problems (Localized necrosis, infection, constriction of skin) that came with such extensive third-degree burns.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

What amazes me in Harvey's face now here is that his eye on the burnt side seems pretty well. This should be possible, considering that, yes, his burns are gruesome enough and should count a person dead.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Esquire wrote:I want to know how she looks under the bangs too, but I'm more curious as to how much of her is actually scarred as to what she looks like under the bangs. On a side note, if Hanako's self esteem does raise significantly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big scene showing her cutting off the bangs to reveal her face. That is, if she ends up overcoming her self esteem issues completely by the end of the game.
I seriously hope she doesn't cut it. That'd be a bit too cliche, imo. It seems like every shy character that has hair covering their face does this. And sometimes, it just seems to ruin the character for me (see: Haruka from Otaku no Musume-san).

And about to what extent her body is burnt ─ it seems logical that her leg is burnt, too, because she covers them up as well. I'd feel kind of disappointed (not sure why) if her leg wasn't crispy. Not sure about the rest of the body, but I doubt her belly button is charred and I'm guessing a bit less than half of her right breast is. On the back, I'm not going to try.

Also, predicting a moment on the Hanako path:
Hisao: I think it's better I can see your face, so I can see your pretty eyes...

A heartwarming scene it will be.
Wraith_Magus

Post by Wraith_Magus »

Scarlet Fox wrote:Also, predicting a moment on the Hanako path:
Hisao: I think it's better I can see your face, so I can see your pretty eyes...

Unless she responds with a "NO! Uh... uh... IGOTTOGODOSOMETHING!" *flees* or something, similar to if you make the grave mistake of saying hello to her the first time around.

Actually, I wonder if her eye might be damaged by the fire or might be scarred over, so she can't see with that eye, anyway...

Oh, and I also wonder why the burn doesn't affect her hair any, unless that's a wig she's wearing?
Esquire

Post by Esquire »

Scarlet Fox wrote:
Esquire wrote:I want to know how she looks under the bangs too, but I'm more curious as to how much of her is actually scarred as to what she looks like under the bangs. On a side note, if Hanako's self esteem does raise significantly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big scene showing her cutting off the bangs to reveal her face. That is, if she ends up overcoming her self esteem issues completely by the end of the game.
I seriously hope she doesn't cut it. That'd be a bit too cliche, imo. It seems like every shy character that has hair covering their face does this. And sometimes, it just seems to ruin the character for me (see: Haruka from Otaku no Musume-san).
Hey now. I never said it wouldn't be cliché or that I wanted it to happen, but a scene along those lines wouldn't surprise me. I think I'd prefer she kept the hair as is myself, its part of her charm. Something has got to happen though where she at least starts overcoming her fear of showing her face though, even if all it is is her brushing her bangs to the side now and then when she's around Hisao or Lily.
Wraith_Magus wrote:Oh, and I also wonder why the burn doesn't affect her hair any, unless that's a wig she's wearing?
Good question too. That one never occurred to me. Maybe a wig, or maybe some kind of hair transplant? That'd be a helluva lot cheaper than a skin graft or anything along those lines, I would think. Of course, maybe the burns didn't get the top of her head/scalp, or that it only got the bottom part of her hair of it so that she could grow out the rest of her hair to cover up that fact as well.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I have to ask, does hair grow back on burn-scarred skin? I'm not sure, but I assume it doesn't. So realistically, Hanako would be missing her hair on the parts that were burned, as the fire probably didn't magically only hit her face, and not her scalp. This won't be the case with Hanako, however. It's sort of like the question about Hanako's right eye. Burns of that severity over her eye would have left it damaged. The devs have repeatedly stated that she has normal functionality in both eyes, so I'll assume they'll give her a pass here as well.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Wraith_Magus wrote:
Scarlet Fox wrote:Also, predicting a moment on the Hanako path:

Unless she responds with a "NO! Uh... uh... IGOTTOGODOSOMETHING!" *flees* or something, similar to if you make the grave mistake of saying hello to her the first time around.

Actually, I wonder if her eye might be damaged by the fire or might be scarred over, so she can't see with that eye, anyway...

Oh, and I also wonder why the burn doesn't affect her hair any, unless that's a wig she's wearing?
Her eye on that side is perfectly fine and functional, man.

Derp, didn't read G3n's post above.

But yeah. No eye problem.
Hanako Lover
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

Csihar wrote: (USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
Ahahaha. Oh wow, Csihar.
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"

Post by Guest »

The scar patterns on Pimmy's Daikatana are canon. She got an H CG to compare them to.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1528
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Guest wrote:The scar patterns on Pimmy's Daikatana are canon. She got an H CG to compare them to.
From my experience, never trust the shimmie no matter who's doing the drawing.
In fact: if you type "never trust the shimmie" into google image search with moderate settings you get a picture of Hanako in spot #2. (aka. shimmie image #81)
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Keita

Post by Keita »

Guest wrote:The scar patterns on Pimmy's Daikatana are canon. She got an H CG to compare them to.

Am I the only one who doesn´t know what Pimmy´s big japanese sword (aka "Daikatana") is?
Hanako=Lilly>Rin>(Misha)>Shizune>Emi 1089