Favourite Ending?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

What is your favourite ending scene in Act One?

Emi: Is Carnival!
3%
Hanako: Nc5xb3
17%
Lilly: Promise of Time
9%
Rin: Clouds in my Head
22%
Shizune: Throwing Balls
25%
Kenji: The Deep End
6%
None: The writers are crap, I want my bandwidth back.
1%
None: KS is so great, an ending only makes me want more! Give us the full version!
12%
???: (The "I can't decide" option)
2%
Rin: en_a44 (RIN_END_2)
3%

Total votes: 744

Brogurt

Re: Favourite Ending?

Post by Brogurt »

Lilly's ending has the fireworks as well. I'm not sure if you get to see them or not, but they're there. The ones without fireworks are Hanako's, Emi's, Kenji's, and Misha's.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Brogurt wrote:Misha's
Well... yeah, but...
Brogurt wrote:Lilly's ending has the fireworks as well. I'm not sure if you get to see them or not, but they're there.
If I'm not mistaken, you don't see the fireworks in Rin's ending as well. You can only see them in Shizune's because of the view from the roof. Otherwise the view is on the girl(s) and Hisao, and you get to see the flashes and hear the booms.

If I'm not mistaken.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

You are mistaken. The fireworks wake Rin up and Hisao and Rin converse about them.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Worthington wrote:You are mistaken.
So it would seem. Then it's looking like Lilly's ending is the only one with the fireworks being 'there' but not visible.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Palas

Post by Palas »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Worthington wrote:You are mistaken.
So it would seem. Then it's looking like Lilly's ending is the only one with the fireworks being 'there' but not visible.
I won't say anything. Just quoting will do.

Anyway, I prefer Hanako's because it made me feel really comfortable, lazy or something - being there, talking softly and playing chess with a lady while everyone is on the run. I like to feel as if I was in the only calm place in the world.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

You do see the fireworks in Lilly's ending, but when she starts talking about the festival ending the view switches to the characters being lit up with occasional flashes of light during the conversation.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Otakumon wrote:You do see the fireworks in Lilly's ending, but when she starts talking about the festival ending the view switches to the characters being lit up with occasional flashes of light during the conversation.
Yeah, that's the part I remember most from that scene.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Most of the endings seem realistic and certainly well done. There is something of a hierarchy in terms of being "climactic" and "romantic", and certainly those that are more climactic or more romantic (in most cases, it's both) may seem a bit better.

The way I see it, we can put the "feelings" that are between Hisao and the chosen girl at the end of Act I into one of the three groups :

- Newfound (but possibly strong) friendship : Emi and Lilly. Emi's ending is probably at the lowest in terms of romance and such, but there is clearly a friendship formed even if it's one-sided - Emi finally has a running partner and someone other than herself and Rin to hang out with and care about. I mean, she does seem quite protective and caring of our hero, even if it comes in a way that annoys some and fills me with dread (I won't allow anyone to force me into a specific diet! - not that I need one).
With Lilly, it had the potential for a romantic moment but since she is clearly not fully interested in Hisao in such a way and brings Hanako along with them, it is not. However, clearly, with the shopping scene, Hisao taking her side against Shizune - a person from his own class, him being accepted to tea meetings and Hanako, Lilly's friend being rather acceptant of Nakai given her extreme fear of people and so on, and so on - well, they're friends. Pretty good ones for such a short time, I might add. And I don't mean "facebook" friends, either.
Examples : Emi, Lilly

- Bond : This is a rather unique classification for rather unique girls. In Hanako's case, we can see how bad she is with people - she struggles to even start speaking, has problems communicating with and understanding even an open and friendly (if a bit negatively-charged by her mate Shizune) girl like Mischa, whom she has probably known for some time. She spends nearly all of her time in a library (not a popular place) in a specifically SECLUDED part so she can be totally alone. When socializing, it's almost always with one person (Lilly), or Lilly is somehow involved. Moreover, Hanako seems rather incapable of visiting Lilly in her class, to the point where it's the blind girl that has to visit HER class despite having an antagonistic relationship with the class' representative.

All in all, Hanako is as difficult to socialize with as anyone, and yet, she clearly comes to accept Hisao, to the point of thanking him for hanging out with her AND asking him for a different kind of an activity that clearly requires two people (chess). For someone as antisocial as Hanako, this is clearly a very big step.

With Rin, it is similar if different. She claims Hisao's presence "helps", tells him about being on her period and noting that their relationship is not YET good enough for him to pull down her underwear (meaning it quite possibly will be sometime in the near future). She sleeps with him (actually on him), discusses with him even if it is not something she enjoys, is generally accepting of him and spends an entire day doing nothing (for normal people, it is rather hard without a certain level of comfort with each other). As far as connecting to a unique girl like Rin goes, Hisao has clearly accomplished that.

Examples : Rin, Hanako.

- Clear and noted romantic interest : Shizune only. This is possibly the reason why Shizune's ending is considered good and all. At least on Hisao's part, the feelings are starting to form. With Shizune, nothing is clear except that she doesn't want him to choose Mischa over her, which may be a romantic inclination or it may be just her fierce competitiveness speaking. Either way, given the fact that it is the most climactic and romantic ending, it will probably be perceived as either too rushed or the best of them. Actually, with what is given, you could be able to finish Shizune's route in 1.5 more acts if you perceive her gestures as flirtatious and romantic. Thing with Shizune is, they are probably not. I don't like Shizune too much but her route certainly has potential and might turn out to be interesting.
Examples : Shizune

So, if you're going by how climactic and romantic an ending is, you'd probably choose either Shizune or Rin, which seems to be the tendency here. Otherwise, you'll probably still go with one of the girls you'd liked most. I voted I just want the complete version, since I do and since I'd like to be objective on this. If I had to choose, I'd say Rin's or Hanako's, because they're definitely NOT rushed, but you're clearly making some pretty big and pretty good steps in them.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Yukimi

Post by Yukimi »

I think the "hate" some people, especially Hanako and Lilly fans (and Hanako is probably the girl with more fans), have for shizune has equalled the field for Shizune and Rin's endings because, whoever girl you prefer, Shizune's act 1 ending is, as the person about me said, the most climatic and romantic. I'm not trying to create polemic or defend "my girl" because Shizune doesn't neeed protection XP but I wanted to share my POV.
Last edited by Yukimi on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shizune=Akira > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin (but all of them have a place in my heart and some other more interesting locations XP).
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

I do think Shizune's ending is good but I disagree somebody would sabotage the poll because of it.

As I mentioned, some may simply feel talking about love and such is rushed at this point...

But on the other hand, I get the feeling Shizune would be more into a decisive man (decisive Hisao in this case :D ), who would quickly realize how he really views her and attempt to estabilish a relationship pretty quickly, instead of starting with friendship, then falling in love but hiding under the pretense/facade of friendship and so on.

It just fits her, somehow.

Btw. I'm a Lilly-liking person, myself.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

I just noticed something.
Rin: en_a44 (RIN_END_2)
What the hell? Is there an ending i'm not aware of?

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Magnesium Ninja Studios
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

So where did you find that?
It's not in the script.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Mirage_GSM wrote:So where did you find that?
It's not in the script.
Are you asking him where he saw the secret end? It's an option in the poll.
Worthington wrote:What the hell? Is there an ending i'm not aware of?
It's a hoax. A long time ago when Act 1 first came out someone spread a rumor of a 'Secret Rin End.' Complete with a mocked up screenshot from it. It came with instructions, but when they didn't pan out everyone realized it was BS. As I recall it had something to do with 'helping' Rin with her period.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

G3n0c1de wrote:Are you asking him where he saw the secret end? It's an option in the poll.
Ah that... Didn't think to check the poll options^^°
I was just confused, because en_A44 is really Shizune's ending...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

G3n0c1de wrote: It's a hoax. A long time ago when Act 1 first came out someone spread a rumor of a 'Secret Rin End.' Complete with a mocked up screenshot from it. It came with instructions, but when they didn't pan out everyone realized it was BS. As I recall it had something to do with 'helping' Rin with her period.

Magnesium Ninja Studios