Dignity and Class (Katawa Shoujo/Ouran Host Club crossover}

WORDS WORDS WORDS

AgentPenn

Re: Dignity and Class (Katawa Shoujo/Ouran Host Club crossover}

Post by AgentPenn »

This story is off to a great start. Keep up the good work man. Crossover stories are almost always a lot of fun.

Somebody needs to write a katawa shoujo/Red Vs. Blue Crossover. I can only imagine the conversations Caboose and Rin would have. :lol:
Saika

Post by Saika »

I haven't watched that much Ouran, but I can see this ending in hilarity.
katawa shoujo/red vs blue crossover
What the hell? How would that even work...
Shadjrik

Post by Shadjrik »

Saika wrote:
it would be very hard but vary funny i think
Shadjrik

Post by Shadjrik »

Shadjrik wrote:
Saika wrote:
it would be very hard but vary funny i think
although i really think a Katawa Shoujo/Doctor Who cross over would be quiet interesting and funny

but again it would be vary hard and unfortunately i don't have the motivation to write it

but this story is vary interesting i look foreword to see where it goes
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Shadjrik wrote:although i really think a Katawa Shoujo/Doctor Who cross over would be quiet interesting and funny
Nope, sorry, that's a no-go for sure -_-" Doc Who and the disability school? No thanks T_T
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
EchoGarrote

Post by EchoGarrote »

DAY 2

Knockknockknockknockknockknock!

Hisao didn’t need to guess who that was knocking on the door so early in the morning. Only one person he knew had such an insistent knock. Slowly he pulled himself out of the unfamiliar (if excessively comfortable) bed, and staggered towards the door. After a quick check to make sure that he was wearing pants, he opened the door, and glared at the person standing there.

“Emi...it’s 5:30 in the morning, and be quiet you’ll wake the other two.”

“Oh, sorry,” she frowned at the idea of upsetting the other two boys. Then the pigtailed girl scowled. Emi wagged her finger in Hisao’s face. “Don’t you try to weasel out of this, It’s Tuesday, so that means we’re running!”

“We’re not at school Emi.”

“We’re at a school, and they have an Olympic class track. We are not missing out on this opportunity, and you are not skipping out on your exercise,” Emi glared at Hisao. “Now get dressed.”

“Okay, okay,” Hisao muttered, accepting his fate. “Give me fifteen minutes.”

“You’ve got ten.”

After a quick ten minutes worth of shower and preparation, plus five minutes of walking, the pair arrived at Ouran’s track and field. Hisao let out a low whistle. “Man, you weren’t kidding when you said Olympic. They could probably hold the games here.”

“I know!” Emi beamed. “Ooh ooh! A long jump pit! Wanna see who can go the farthest?”

“I’ll pass, but you can try.”

“Okay...bet you I can clear...ten meters!”

“Ten meters? Emi, the world record is only eight.” Hisao said. He had gotten the number from TV once, it was one of those little bits of trivia that stuck in your brain and refused to leave.

“Eight point nine five actually,” Emi said taking a stance.

“If you fall on your face, I’m going to laugh before I get the Nurse,” Hisao said.

“Just give me a count,” Emi said taking a deep breath.

“Okay, ready...set...go!”

Emi took off as fast as she could and when she hit the mark she leapt into the air. It was...less than graceful, but the girl did manage to stick the landing directly on her rear. Her eyes shot open and her mouth opened and shut, making a little wheezing noise.

Hisao ran up to the gasping girl. “You okay? Nothing broken?”

Emi nodded and just grabbed Hisao’s hand for a moment, after a few moments her breathing returned to normal and she slowly pulled herself up. “Yeah, yeah I’m fine. Just got the wind knocked out of me...whoo.” She shook her head. “How far did I go?”

Hisao pointed at Emi’s butt print in the sand, it was just shy of the four meter mark. Emi pouted. “Ohhh, that’s pathetic!”

“I wont tell anyone if you wont,” Hisao said smiling. “And if you let me go back to bed.”

“Nice try,” Emi said, lightly smacking Hisao on the shoulder. “Come on...ahhh...my butt is sore!” She rubbed it, wincing. She made a pouty face at Hisao. “Hicchan...would you rub some ointment on it for me? Please?”

Hisao made a face and dramatically gripped his chest. “Hrrrg! Oh! Stop trying to kill me woman!”

Emi stuck out her tongue. “Okay, enough jokes,” the pigtailed girl and Hisao had taken their spots at the starting line. “Ready?”

“Set,” Hisao said.

“Go!” They both yelled at the same time and they started to run. Well...until the first turn, then Hisao slowed down to a jog. Emi kept up the same pace. They had established this routine fairly well now, and despite Hisao’s grumblings, it did feel good to get some exercise.

Hisao had just completed his second lap when he notice that Emi had stopped and was waiting for him at the starter’s line. He slowed to a stop and caught his breath. “What’s happening? I thought we were up to four laps?”

“We’ve got company,” Emi said. She pointed to the other edge of the field. Hisao turned to look. There was a group of people there, all girls dressed in a similar looking uniform as Emi’s, only with different colors.

“Must be a team come to practice,” Hisao said, still trying to catch his breath. “We should get out of the way.”

“Yeah,” Emi nodded and then waved at the small cluster of girls. “Hi! Don’t worry, we were just leaving! Thank you for having a wonderful track!”

Hisao suddenly winced his eyes and sucked in a breath.

“Hicchan?” Emi said.

“I’m fine...mild palpitation...I’m just need to sit down for a bit,” he pointed towards a bench and started towards it.

“I’ll get your meds,” Emi said as she went to the gym bag they had brought with them. “I thought we had licked this.”

“Probably...but different track...different school...something random...who knows,” the moment he sat down Hisao exhaled, as his chest stopped feeling so tight. “Actually, don’t worry about the meds. I’m feeling better.”

“You know that’s not how it works,” Emi said. She sat down next to him and handed him a water bottle and some pills. “No arguments.”

“Fine,” Hisao downed the pill and took a drink.

He was a little perturbed at how easy it was now to down the tablets. Daisuke could do it without water, or so he claimed. Ah well...such was his life.

“Hey!” A new voice cried out. “I thought you said you were gonna clear out!”

Emi and Hisao looked up. The group of girls, judging by their shoes they were the track team, had approached the starting line. There were six of them.

“We’re just catching our breath,” Emi said smiling. “We’ll be gone in a few moments.”

The one who spoke, apparently the team leader, sighed and rolled her eyes. “Fine. As long as...” Apparently the team captain had only just now noticed Emi’s legs. “uhhh, you’re the visiting students, aren’t you?” Her face went from territorial and indignant to wide-eyed and panicked.

“Yes we are. I asked before coming out and I was told that the track was open at 5:30. Was that wrong?” Emi said.

“Yeah...well, it’s 6 now. I mean...we normally start at 6, but...” The team captain said. She didn’t look angry, just a little territorial.

“Well. I don’t see a problem at all.” Emi said. “5:30 for me, 6 for you. That works for you?”

“Yeah, yeah I guess,” The team captain turned to look at the rest of the squad. Two of them were Not-Looking, their eyes locked on the track. Another two were gawking at Emi’s legs. The one who had spoke to them just looked cross. However, the last one...Hisao couldn’t help but shiver at the look of raw hate that girl had on her face.

“No,” The last one said. “This isn’t their track, it’s our track. They shouldn’t get to use it.”

“Kanna,” The team captain said. “It’s not a big deal.”

“Look at the track!” Kanna said. “It’s all scuffed up now, and there!” She pointed at the long jump pit. “They messed up the other equipment too!”

“That was me.” Hisao said. “Sorry, couldn’t resist.” He smiled. He wasn’t going to let Emi take the heat for all of this.

“It’s okay.” The team leader said. “I mean...if you guys need to use the track.” She looked back at the still angry Kanna and the obviously uncomfortable team. She looked back at the pair and gave them a smile that didn’t reach her eyes. “I mean, whatever you need for your...” Her eyes lingered at Emi’s prosthetics for a second and then snapped back to look at Hisao. “Special needs...that’s fine.”

Emi and Hisao gave each other a brief look and sighed. At least she was trying to be nice. Hisao wondered if this was going to be the rest of his life when he left Yamaku, people treating him as if he was made of glass.

“We’ll get out of your hair,” Emi said.

“Freak,” Kanna said, loud enough for Emi and Hisao to hear. Hisao put an arm on Emi’s shoulder. The pigtailed girl just took a deep breath, grabbed Hisao’s hand, and kept walking. Hisao gave Kanna a dark look over his shoulder. Kanna just returned it with one of the coldest looks he had ever seen in his life.

Emi didn’t let go of Hisao’s hand until they got back to the guest suites. Then she ran inside the girl’s suite and slammed the door. Hisao turned around and walked three steps away when the door flung open again. Natsume wheeled herself out pulling Emi with her. Shizune and Misha followed behind her.

“Natsume,” Misha translated. “You really need to calm down.”

“I’m perfectly calm. You’re coming too!” Natsume said pointing at Hisao.

Natsume headed toward the track. It appeared that nothing short of being hit by a bus would stop the girl.

“Oh, dear...” Misha said. “Natsume’s angry,”

“At least this time it’s not someone from our school,” Shizune said through Misha.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“Natsume...she’s not exactly one to take insults well,” Misha said. “Plus, when she gets angry she tends to get a bit...catty.”

“Catty?”

“Natsume’s a head cheerleader,” Misha translated for Shizune. “There’s nothing in the world more spiteful or vindictive than that.”

The group reached the track just as the Ouran Track Team was finishing a lap.

“Hey!” Natsume cried out. “Which one of you uptight, over-privileged, flat-chested, bitches called my friend here a freak?”

You might as well have smacked the entire team. They just stood there, stunned at the words coming from the girl in the wheelchair. The team leader’s mouth opened and closed as she tried to come up with something to say. Natsume, however, had focused on the one girl who looked angry, rather than embarrassed or shocked.

“You!” She pointed at Kanna. “Apologize to Emi now.”

Kanna didn’t say anything. She just scowled.

“Kanna,” The team leader said. “You should apolo-“

“No!” Kanna yelled. “I’m not apologizing to any of these Yamaku Cripples!”

You could almost feel the ripple of shock that went through the track team. The Yamaku students all felt something cold in their stomachs...save Natsume. She just grinned.

“That’s fine...how about a bet then?” Natusme said grinning.

“What?” Nearly every person there said.

“Yeah, I bet you can’t bet Emi here in a race,” Natsume said. “Four times around the track. If she wins, you have to apologize.”

“What do I get when I win?” Kanna said. “Money?” She rolled her eyes. “I’m worth more than all of you put together.”

“We’ll go home.” Natsume said. “One of us will have a medical emergency and we’ll all want to go home.”

“Natsume! You can’t say that,” Misha said.

“No,” Shizune said, as Misha translated. “It’s okay. That sounds fair.”

“Deal!” Kanna said. She walked over to the starting line and took position.

“Natsume. I don’t know. She’s probably good,” Emi said. “I mean...I might be able to beat her but...”

Natsume just motioned for Emi to come closer. “You beat the buruma off of that little sow and I’ll...” She whispered something in Emi’s ear that caused her cheeks to flush and her eyes to go wide.

“You can get that?”

“Yes. Now go show that bitch she picked a fight with the wrong school,” Natsume said.

Emi nodded and took her position as the Ouran and Yamaku students positioned themselves on the sidelines.

“You can give the go sign.” Shizune said through Misha. “Make it fair.”

“Okay...ready...set...go!”

It was a race for the ages. Two young girls filled to the brim with passion and energy tearing around the track. Kanna and Emi’s eyes both dead focused ont he ground in front of them, trying to will themselves to become speed itself. Kanna was very fast, second best runner on the team actually. She cleared four full laps in 7:05, a very good time for a full mile, a little above the average speed.

Emi cleared it in 6:45.

It turned out that Kanna had too much passion and not enough control. She burned out all her energy and speed on the first two laps, trying to get ahead of Emi. As she got to the last stretch of the second lap, she slowed down slightly, and Emi poured on the speed. It was just a matter of watching the pigtailed girl slowly close in on the dark haired girl, and accepting the inevitable.

The Yamaku students were cheering when Emi crossed the finish line and a few of the Ouran girls were clapping as well. Natsume rolled up along side Emi with a smile only seen on the most predatory animals as she looked at Kanna just standing there. Trying to catch her breath, her teeth clenched with sweat and angry tears falling from her face.

“Now,” Natsume said. “I think you need to say something to Emi.”

Kanna just glared.

“Kanna,” The team leader said stepping forward. “You promised.”

“ry,” the girl mumbled.

“My my, I don’t think we heard that,” Natsume aid shaking her head. “Louder, in fact...get on your knees.”

Kanna snarled and shook her head.

“Kanna,” The team leader said. “Do it.”

“But you can’t-“

“You lost the bet. Do it.”

Slowly, with a look of utter revulsion and humiliation, Kanna got down on her knees, put her hands on the ground, bowed her head, and spoke.

“I’m sorry I called you a freak.”

“It’s okay,” Emi said. She knew she shouldn’t be smiling, but she couldn’t help it. Plus, if Natsume actually delivered...well she’d think about that later. “Let’s go guys.” She said to her schoolmates, and the Yamaku students left the field, Natsume waving a cheerful ‘bye-bye’ to Kanna.

“Well...that could have gone better,” Kyouya said with a sigh as the track team leader, left the room. He had given orders that any interaction with the Yamaku students should be reported to him. Right now he was considering the old adage, ignorance is bliss.

The track team was just a microcosm of what was happening in the school as a whole. There wasn’t anyone who felt comfortable in the presence of the Yamaku students. Also, there would always be someone like Kanna, who out and out despised them and would voice that discontent. Later, others would rally around that person, because people dislike the unknown and following a vocal leader in a group was a form of safety. Then the mounting tension would cause something to snap and fights would break out. This was going to end poorly unless he did something fast.

Of course, the punchline to this whole story was why Kanna hated the Yamaku students so much.

Her sister was a Yamaku student.
Long live Emperor Norton.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Nice story so far.
Hope to see some more interaction (i.e. any at all) with the Ouran main cast in the future.

BTW, I have a feeling as to the identity of Kanna's sister. If I'm right, this is going to be interesting...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Just don't give her a shoulder disability or anything. I don't think I'd be able to take a katakanna joke.

Fairly good so far. Although the dare thing seemed a little, I dunno, contrived? Well done either way.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

I'm now left to wonder what Natsume promised Emi... Still loving what you're doing here ^_^
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I hope it isn't steroids - Emi isn't the type for such things...
@ Naba: I don't think you need to worry about that.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
TipsyRooster

Post by TipsyRooster »

Such a good fanfic, I do hope to read more of it.
Cockadoodle...hic!