Living with a broken heart

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bringerof_D

Re: Living with a broken heart

Post by Bringerof_D »

i've always wondered. what is the deal with people needing others to tell them to "keep trying" or "make due with what you have" ? i mean isn't it only natural for one to continue on with what ever limitations they have since there is no other option? We humans are animals, and animal even after losing limbs will continue to fight it's opponent so long as it can. They know that so long as they are not dead, they are alive. A man can lose up to 2/5 of his total blood volume and remain combat effective, that is definite, the only remaining factor is whether after noticing he has lost that amount of blood, will he get up and keep fighting or lie down and accept that he is already dead. When even the most insignificant of creatures knows in conflict to keep fighting until their bodies stop, why is it humans are flawed to give up before all options are expended?

back on topic though, yeah Hisao needs to end up coping with his situation. Is it just me or hasn't he been working at that already?
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Just fap.

Post by Aura »

whiteflags wrote:I agree with you that Hisao is not going to "own up" to his condition because of the girls, but I also think the point is moot because he will make that decision anyway. The decision to take care of yourself is uninteresting and without drama. We're interested in who he loves and why, not really whether he follows through with his personal care.
"Taking care of oneself" is a bit different from what this thread is about though. You can go mechanically through the paces of your life while still having your shit completely messed up by whatever drama (in hisao's case, his illness). Coming to terms with difficult things definitely doesn't have to be "uninteresting and without drama". While I'm not exactly perfectly happy with his character, I wish he can be more than a vehicle for romance (because that actually would be incredibly boring)
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Ricky Controversy

Post by Ricky Controversy »

I think of each route divergence as being symptomatic of whatever life changes Hisao enacts himself to cope with things, rather than the route being the cause of it. So, for example, ending up with Emi doesn't cause Hisao to cope with things in an Emi-like manner, rather his choices to make such an adjustment himself opens the door to him being with Emi.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Bringerof_D wrote:i've always wondered. what is the deal with people needing others to tell them to "keep trying" or "make due with what you have" ? i mean isn't it only natural for one to continue on with what ever limitations they have since there is no other option? We humans are animals, and animal even after losing limbs will continue to fight it's opponent so long as it can. They know that so long as they are not dead, they are alive. A man can lose up to 2/5 of his total blood volume and remain combat effective, that is definite, the only remaining factor is whether after noticing he has lost that amount of blood, will he get up and keep fighting or lie down and accept that he is already dead. When even the most insignificant of creatures knows in conflict to keep fighting until their bodies stop, why is it humans are flawed to give up before all options are expended?
Humans are burdened/ blessed with a mind (for those who believe animals have mind, I must add that humans are burdened or blessed with a hellishly more complex mind). That is a double-edged sword.

Lol, topic name, Aura.

I like to believe that Hisao will live a long life and he won't just roll over and die like an emo kid.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Hisao dies at the age of 34 leaving behind his loving wife [insert name here] and two daughters ;_;
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

AAAUGH!!! Now it's canon!

Don't taunt the devs!
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Aura wrote:Hisao dies at the age of 34 leaving behind his loving wife [insert name here] and two daughters ;_;
You did that on purpose to smack a hundred people at the same time, didn't you? :lol:
Bara

Post by Bara »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:AAAUGH!!! Now it's canon!

Don't taunt the devs!
Bah, it's only Hisao. He is replaceable once his job is done. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

whiteflags wrote:I agree with you that Hisao is not going to "own up" to his condition because of the girls, but I also think the point is moot because he will make that decision anyway.
moot
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/N ... OLFace.png

MOD EDIT'D: THIS IS NOT 4CHAN, AND THAT IS NOT HILARIOUS, 'K.
Last edited by Silentcook on Mon May 10, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't push it.
stranger

Post by stranger »

Aura wrote:Hisao dies at the age of 34 leaving behind his loving wife [insert name here] and two daughters ;_;
I would applaud this as a real part of the game's ending. Not only because happy endings are for little pussies, but that would hopefully get people to wake up and look at their own mortality.
i've always wondered. what is the deal with people needing others to tell them to "keep trying" or "make due with what you have" ? i mean isn't it only natural for one to continue on with what ever limitations they have since there is no other option? We humans are animals, and animal even after losing limbs will continue to fight it's opponent so long as it can. They know that so long as they are not dead, they are alive. A man can lose up to 2/5 of his total blood volume and remain combat effective, that is definite, the only remaining factor is whether after noticing he has lost that amount of blood, will he get up and keep fighting or lie down and accept that he is already dead. When even the most insignificant of creatures knows in conflict to keep fighting until their bodies stop, why is it humans are flawed to give up before all options are expended?
I'm afraid the thread topic was Hisao, not Kenji.
remember to take your meds, kids
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Why so sad?
He lived what anybody gets. He got a lifetime. No more. No less.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Member22

Post by Member22 »

stranger wrote:I would applaud this as a real part of the game's ending. Not only because happy endings are for little pussies, but that would hopefully get people to wake up and look at their own mortality.
Spot on, this was EXACTLY what I was thinking as well!
ElisaMasah wrote:Why so sad? He lived what anybody gets. He got a lifetime. No more. No less.
I see myself agreeing with this... although it may sound like a tragic ending, its not that tragic, Hisao did mention to one/some of the girls in the demo that he has a shortened lifespan due to his condition... so whichever girl ends up with Hisao (would eventually) know of this. So IMO, its a matter of how you cherish and enjoy every day of life (like Hisao and his girl potentially do), regardless of how long or short it is. Also, I can see the disappointment of the ppl who want a good ending... but think about it, look on the bright side... at least he lives with the girl for 16 yrs (if you count the last yr of high school)... better than nothing right?
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate