An Almost Perfect Date

WORDS WORDS WORDS

An Almost Perfect Date

Post by 123 »

Hello, everyone. This is my fist English fiction, even my fist English article. I wrote it because I like this funny forum. I like reading your fictions and want to share my own ideas with you. As the limit of vocabulary and problem of grammar, I have to give up a couple of depiction of details to make sure the main scenes could be understood. And do please finger me for my mistakes. In this fiction, I copied a couple of sentences from others and the game, because they are more excellent than my own. Thanks all of them. Anyway, I hope you can enjoy it.
Scenes: on the road with Lilly, at the tea house, meet Shizune

An Almost Perfect Date

Part 1
I quickly pick up my schoolbag as soon as bell claimed class off. Yes, there are plenty of things going to do this afternoon: having dinner with Lilly at Shanghai, then going to convenient store together. We talked about this plan at lunch time. Hanako did not go with us as she prefers staying at the library to eating out.
Now, I am going to pick up Lilly at her classroom. I return a grin to Shizune’s curious gaze before leaving, considering that I am the last person leaving classroom usually.

I get to the doorway of class 3-2, seeing that Lilly is chatting with two of her classmates.
Hi “Hey, Lilly.” I call her beside the door.
Li“Hisao?” She can recognize my voice immediately, but always checks it.
Hi “Yes. Could we go?”
Li “Of course.” Saying goodbye to her classmates, she takes her walking in stride towards the door with fingers carefully sliding along walls face for orientation.

It is a wonderful autumn afternoon. The colour of the sky has already started turning pale in anticipation of winter, but the sun is still shining brightly from that cloudless, silvery-blue sky. The sound of a cool breeze rustling the fallen maple leaves is your background music. The void road is very suitable for a stroll, especially with the one who you fall into love with, although I am not sure if she approves that.

I place her hand on my wrist. As expected, she does not protest. And to my surprise is that she retracts her cane and places it in her bag as well. Does it mean that she relies on my guidance totally? Wow, the thing gets better and better.
When she stepped a fallen leave which is on the road, Lilly stops going.
Li “Hisao, are there many fallen leaves on the road?”
Hi “Yes, but not quite a lot. What’s wrong?”
Li “Let’s step them.” She gives me a childish smile. I have no reason to deny such a simple request, although I don’t know why she wants to do that.
I guide her to step those scattered leaves. She takes small steps to break several brittle leaves, and listens carefully, then, again. She seemingly enjoys listening to the rustle, and plays the game like a happy child. Her guard is likely lower than before, at least when we are alone, given we are together for almost five months. It is a good sign.

Suddenly, I find a dandelion beside the road. I have an idea.
Hi “Come on. Give you a surprise.” I walk towards Lilly with the dandelion in my hand.
I hold up her hand, and blow the dandelion towards it. Those blowballs are brushing her palm and crossing her fingers gently.
Li “Dandelion!” Her face gleams with enthusiasm, like a poor child received a luxurious gift on Christmas day.
Hi “Yes.” Recalling what she joked before, the rulers of Satous clan are more than Japanese laws; her expression is not quite exaggerative. I am sure I did a correct thing.
Her hand still stays in air. It seems that she might want to grasp the rest blowballs which were imagined in her mind flying with wind.
Hi “Here.” I picked a rest blowball which clung on her cuff and putting it on her palm. She feels it with her fingertip as it is priceless, then a happy grin forms on her face. I cannot help but think she is really so easy to be satisfied even by those minor things which we overlook for thousands times.
Li “Thank you.” She rewards me a sweet smile, and I return her a same smile, which of cause unseen.

Part 2
When we get to the tea house, the sun begins to set down. With little ado, we straightly go to the fixed table where I met Akira. Given we have visited here for hundreds times, the map of Shanghai has been in Lilly’s mind very well, so that she can move freely without any guidance.
As usual, we sit next to the windows. I lean back my chair, and Lilly, sitting cross from me, keeps her grace with hands folded on the table. While we are waiting for our order, I sip my coffee with eyes clinging on her. Facing the sun straightly, Lilly is enjoying the warmth from the sun, and her eyes shut up as if they would hurt by sunlight. I cannot remove my sight from her at all.
Li “Hisao.”
Hi “Hum?”
Li “Aren’t you tired?”
Hi “Sorry?” I am totally puzzled by her question.
Li “My, my, you have held up your cup for a day.”
Hi “Hum…hum…it is hot.” Embarrassingly, she knows what I am doing. I blush instantly by her sly accusation. She giggles at me, easing up the plight.

Part 3
?? “Hicchan. You are here! WAHAHAHA.” Hearing this sound, I almost snort a mouthful of coffee out of my nose. Obviously, Lilly is scared as well.
Hi “Hey, Misha. Hey, Shizune.” I squeeze out a smile. Considering the relationship between Lilly and Shizune, and the destructive power of the two, it is hard to take it easy, especially on such a public occasion.
Mi “Look, Miss class-rep here too. Hello~!” Small wonder, “look” has become the certain word when Shizune greet Lilly.
Li “Good afternoon.”
During they are greeting each other; all events which happened recently twirl around my head. No festival, no budget, no paperwork, no report, no…nothing. Luckily, there is not any cue to lead to a finale of argument between the two at all. I take a little relief, and a weird plan rises in my head: if the situation become out of control, I will hijack Misha: covering her mouth with my hand and dragging her out the room. Forgive me, Misha. You are the only one I can deal with among the three of you. HAHAHAHA~~
Mi “Hicchan, is this your reason wandering the whole day?”
Hi “How was I wandering?”
Mi “Shizchan found you took the science book at the history class, and always gave random answers when we discussed. WAHAHAHA” Embarrass, again. Indeed, her voice is loud enough to disturb the whole town.
Hi “But…” Shizune waving her hands interrupts me.
Sh “…”
Mi “If you put the same enthusiasm into student council work, we would improve effect and offer a better service for other students. But your performance is simply disappointed. You seem more likely spent your talent on dating with such a girl instead undertaking more work. Hicchan, you leave yourself open for a ‘lazy bone’, like someone you followed.”
Damn, how crafty of Shizune. I am the outward target of her terror action, and inward attacks Lilly.The formed plan is unavailable.
Hi “It is unfair, Shizune. I have taken my responsibility. You cannot always ask me to do extra work.”
Mi “That is not the point…”
Li “Excuse me.” Lilly interrupts Misha. “Did anyone break a bottle of vinegar?” Three of us focus on her. Lilly sips her tea, then puts it down. I have to admit that she never lost her social poise, however awkward the situation.
Li “Miss Student Council President, I have to remind you this is not in student council office. And I suppose you have lost the qualification of blaming anyone is ‘lazy bone’, because you are at the same place as we are and do the same things as we do. So, I hope you have a good date.”
Sh “…”
Mi “Thank you for the reminded, Miss Satou. We will~.” Misha never lost her cheerful tone, but Shizune really angry.

Shizune matches to their seat with Misha followed. She chooses a perfect place where on the diagonal from our table, and behind me towards Lilly, so that she can observe us very well. Damn, does she wish the fucking war going on?
Anyway, I wish I can escape here as soon as possible. I entirely lost my appetite under the showdown of Shizune, and don’t know what I eat as well.
Hi “Good to go?” Finished our meal, I ask Lilly.
Li “Sure.” She fairily reaches out into the void with her left hand. Shockingly, she never did that before, and the message is clear enough: waiting for me hold her hand and go out together with our fingers clinging like romantic movies do.
It would be an amazing request if it were not a show to Shizune. Lilly’s attractive smile, now, like the sweetest cake, but I unfortunately know there is a poison inside and have to eat it.
No more than a glance is needed to ascertain that my back has become the war field of Shizune’s gaze: millions of arrows, fire bombs, Ak-47, cannons, nuclear warheads… at last tanks crush down my spine.
The only lucky thing is that my accompanier never sees my screwy expression, by happiness and sadness.

What a perfect date today!
Xuan

Re: An Almost Perfect Date

Post by Xuan »

Girls at war are scary as hell.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."