A change in plans (Continues on page 3!)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: A change in plans (Continues on page 3!)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, I'm relatively new to these forums, and I'm not really sure where the boundaries are...
Is encouraging a writer to continue his story ok or is it a request for him to continue his story?
Is it ok to suggest a possible plot to a writer who isn't quite sure how to continue or would that be a request?
There is a CYOA-project (didn't read it yet, but it seems to be going on for several months now) that is apparently ok with the mods, yet there was a clampdown when a writer asked which heroine he should write his last chapter for.
And finally - what is so bad about requests after all? It's your forum and you can make whatever rules you want, but I don't quite understand this one. Do you want to avoid spam, or do you object to the idea that someone uses others' ideas for their stories on principle?
Writers have different talents and weaknesses. Some may have great ideas for stories but lack the skills to write a good story (maybe because they don't know english very well). Others might have the talent but are lacking the inspiration. A single sticky thread could act as a repository for those ideas without cluttering the forums much...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

The main clampdown I intend on is meant to cut down on the following two things:
1) Fanwriters doing the "post for me more or I will leave things hanging/pay attention to me" thing.
2) Everybody else doing the "MOAR/OMG DO THIS" thing.
If you write something decent, people will leave feedback telling you "Thanks, I liked this". God forbid, sometimes they'll even leave feedback telling you "Thanks, I liked this BECAUSE".
If you don't get anyone making so much as a comment, that's a hint, and you might want to take it.

CYOA had never appeared before in the forums DIRECTLY. I don't presume to dictate how people should behave off them.

And finally, I most seriously object to the very high noise-to-signal ratio all of the above generates.

Also notice, and I am surprised I apparently need to mention this, that this concerns forum use only. You can use PMs however you like (and the people receiving PMs can do their own filtering too).
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

ze spy

Post by ze spy »

Even though I don't post that much, I'm terrified of pissing SC off.

So, I shall be on my way.
"That weird motherfucker"
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I like this fan fic. End. Ideal post?

"God forbid"? God forbid feedback and telling someone what he liked/disliked? Why so? I understand rules and fear of extremes but this is, like, killing a herbalist woman because you suspect her of witchcraft.

Request. Opinion. Please, learn the difference. You banned people for a day because they said "Please, go on with the fic IF YOU WANT. We like it. We are answering your modest question about your writing skills".

We aren't writing here government documents that got to be short, precise etc. WE ALL are here to escape from those documents (from, fucking, everyday life). This is getting some simple rules to ridiculous extents. I'm politely reminding that all mighty mods still may be wrong, which I'm pointing out here.

Sure, we will be careful, tough we are terrified by this show of, plainly spoken, wicked and unwisely used power.

And how, in the world, are you "surprised you're even mentioning anything"? We're not in your head, we don't know what unspoken rules you had set. Please mention ALL of them. Sorry for not being psychic.

The end, on my side. I hope such weird issues won't occur again.
Mag

Post by Mag »

I'm sorry for supporting someone and asking them to continue when they asked if they should continue or not. I'll suppress the urge and just leave a message saying "Nice story." If i can't suppress the urge, I'll PM the writer. Again, I'm sorry for what i did. Completely my fault.