A change in plans (Continues on page 3!)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Esa94

Chapter something

Post by Esa94 »

The next chapter that is partially prequel-ish and partially happens during chapter 1 is now done. Thanks to Mag and kosherbacon for pointing out mistakes :3

That said, I hope there aren't more grammar errors in there. Do tell me of every single one you find!

Hanako

It has been a fairly normal school day. It's almost lunchtime and I can't keep my thoughts from wandering. Instead of studying I'm thinking of my plans for tomorrow. Thinking of them makes me rather embarrassed, but I'm completely unable to concentrate on studying. I sigh, put my book on the desk and try thinking of random things to stop thinking about the plans.

I don't have to do it for long though, since soon the bell rings and lunchtime starts. After a moment of waiting, I notice Lilly arriving at the classroom door. Having already packed my bag, I quickly get to her across the classroom and cling to her arm. Lilly nods and we're just about to head toward the tea room when Hisao approaches us. “Hey, Lilly, Hanako”, he begins: “Would you mind if I joined you?” Not needing to think her answer for long, Lilly answers: “Not at all.” I nod too, and the three of us silently start walking to the tea room for lunch.

I'm not really bothered by Hisao joining us anymore. He's had lunch with us a couple of times in the last few weeks, so I've kinda gotten used to it already. His company feels kinda nice, to be honest.

It doesn't take long for us to get to the tea room, and soon all of us have unpacked our lunches and started eating. Occasionally either Hisao or Lilly says something, but I concentrate on eating rather than talking and only answer the occasional “Yeah” if I'm asked something.

All of us manage to finish eating before the lunch break ends, and start listening to the conversation going on, taking part in it if I feel like saying something. Then I suddenly remember that I had something to ask from Lilly. “Uh, Lilly”, I say, nudging her. Lilly seems a bit confused for a moment, but then remembers what we had been talking about earlier. “Oh, indeed”, she answers and continues, now talking to Hisao: “Sorry, Hisao, but me and Hanako have something to discuss, and I'm afraid it's a personal matter.” Hisao nods. “I don't mind. I'll be leaving, then”, he says, thinks for a moment and then asks: “Oh, and Hanako? Will you follow to class soon?” Slightly confused by him addressing me, it takes a moment for me to actually understand his question. “Oh, Y-yeah, I will”, I answer him. He then starts walking back toward the classroom, leaving just me and Lilly in here.

“So, Hanako?” Lilly reminds me of the reason she just asked Hisao to leave. She seems slightly amused. “Y-yeah... I'd, um, appreciate it if you didn't havea lunch with me tomorrow. And, n-not that I wouldn't like having lunch with you, but I have some... Personal plans”, I say, blushing a little. Although Lilly can't see my face, she appears to notice I'm embarrassed from the tone of my voice. Giggling a little, she answers me: “So, you're going to have a nice private lunch with Hisao, then?” “Y-yeah”, I mumble, feeling really embarrassed. “Well”, she continues: “Akira is coming for a visit again, and if I understood her correctly, she's got multiple days off... So I suppose I have a valid excuse to not have lunch with you tomorrow, just in case someone wonders about it.” She gives me a warm smile, but it somehow seems like she's slightly disappointed. I wonder why.

The bell rings, signaling the end of lunch, and the both of us leave back to class. From the beginning, I notice I'm having problems concentrating on the subject we're supposed to be studying, instead thinking of a book I read earlier this week... With me and Hisao replacing the two main characters. Blushing at the thought, I wonder why I've been reading so many romantic books recently.

Eventually I do stop fantasizing, but still it's hard for me to concentrate on anything. I check what we were supposed to do, and notice I haven't really missed much. It's mostly reading, so I can just read it by myself later today...

After the last class ends, I go to the school library. Looking around at the door, I notice that Yuuko is nowhere to be found. Well, it doesn't matter, I haven't finished this book yet. I walk to my usual place and sit down, continuing to read the book I had in my bag. It's another romantic one, and I can't help imagining myself as the main character of the book. Thanks to reading these, I've practically been fantasizing all the time, and...

Suddenly someone enters the library. I try to peek above the shelves but can't see who it is. “Hey, Yuuko”, I hear him call the librarian. “Oh, returning these already? Just how fast of a reader are you?” she answers him, sounding slightly annoyed. They continue their conversation for a little longer, but I stop listening and concentrate on reading. Or try to concentrate.

I'm taken completely by surprise when the boy greets me: “Hi, Hanako.” I jump a bit, and seeing Hisao after, um, reading makes me more than slightly embarrassed. I still manage to answer him: “H-hello.” This is almost like the first time we met. Except that I'm less nervous. His sudden appearance just made me stop... Fantasizing... I suddenly remember my thoughts from just a moment ago and blush heavily.

“Hanako?” he asks, sounding a bit concerned: “Are you alright? Your face is all red.” I nod, hiding my face behind the book. “Y-yeah, I'm okay. It's... nothing”, I answer. He seems to accept this answer, and sits down next to me, starting to read one of the books he borrowed himself. My fantasies continue to bother me until he leaves with his books, which makes me think of something that bothers me even more. What if he doesn't really care about me? What... Will I do?

I check the time and notice I've been reading for hours. I get up and pack my bag. Maybe I should get to bed early tonight, because I don't want to be too tired or sleepy tomorrow...

I wake up earlier than I usually do, and that's not only because I planned to. I was so nervous I couldn't sleep for too long. Although I have more than enough time for anything I might want to do before school, I act like I'm in a hurry. After I've finished my usual routines, I start worrying about my appearance. It depresses me. How could anyone like someone who looks like this? I examine my face in the mirror, and try to forget how I look.
Anyway, if he doesn't like me the way I am, he doesn't really like me, I try to convince myself. I fetch my bag and start walking to the main building.

As I get to the main corridor, I hear someone greet me: “Um, hi, Hanako.” I stop walking and turn around to answer him: “H-hello.” The boy is quite tall and doesn't look familiar at all. A short silence ensues, after which he continues: “You're, uh, looking nice today” His left arm twitches a little and the expression on his face makes him look embarrassed – or nervous. His arm twitches more visibly. “Uh, I'm sorry, I have to go”, he says turning around and almost runs away, leaving me standing in the hallway and feeling confused.
Did he say I look good?

Nearing the classroom, I realize just how early I woke up. There's nobody in here yet, I'm the first to arrive. It's peaceful. I don't really have anything to do, so I decide to take a book out from my bag and read until the beginning of class.

While reading the book I forget my nervousness and start fantasizing again. Coincidentally, just as the main character's love interest arrives in the book, I notice Hisao at the door. Is he looking at me? I can't help smiling – and blushing – and hide my face behind the book. Hisao then seems to realize he's still standing in the doorway and moves to his own seat. He seems a bit tired.

After he walks away from the doorway, I notice that not only Hisao, but many other classmates are here already. Wow, I didn't realize I concentrated this hard on reading.

The subjects aren't really interesting at all today, and I spend most of the time only barely listening to the teacher. Time seems to crawl, and I start reading my book again. If I can't concentrate on studying, I might as well do something else, right? Reading makes me feel somewhat better, and before I even notice, I'm completely absorbed in my fantasies again, forgetting everything about my plans for a moment.

Only when I notice Hisao get up from his seat I realize it's lunchtime already. I hastily pack my bag and follow him, but he still manages to get out of the classroom before I can reach him. Well, I can ask him in the corridor as well, can't I?

I almost bump into him while exiting the classroom, although it seems like he didn't notice me. Maybe I should move a little further... He's having a rather loud conversation with some boy from Lilly's class. I move toward the main staircase. He'll probably notice me from here.

Standing and waiting starts to get a little boring and also makes me more nervous again. I start thinking if reading would be a good idea. Maybe it'd boost my confidence, too. Or... Something.

Just as I'm about to reach for the book in my bag, something hits me hard. Or rather, someone. Shrieking, I take a few steps back, at the same time noticing that the impact was caused by a boy running into me. He was probably completely taken by surprise, since he fell on the floor from the force of the impact.

Oh, but he looks like-

“GODDAMMIT”, he starts swearing, seeming incredibly annoyed. “CAN'T I EVEN GO TO THE CAFETERIA IN THIS SCHOOL WITHOUT RUNNING INTO SOME ASSHO-?!?” he continues, before realizing what he's saying and leaving the whole corridor silent.

But he already said more than enough. Tears start forming in my eyes as I'm just standing here, unable to move or act. Hisao slowly turns his head up, trying to look me in the eyes, but I avoid his gaze. I can't stop thinking of what he just said. He yelled at me, even called me an asshole... How did I e-ever think he could like s-someone like me...

He gets up from the floor, apparently trying to say something, but I refuse to listen, concentrating on avoiding his eyes. Suddenly he tries to approach me, which causes me to almost panic. The shock, sudden burst of mixed sadness and self-pity and his sudden approaching make the situation unbearable and I can only think of one way to getting away from it.

So I run away from him, now completely sure he didn't like me at all. But my thoughts don't dwell on that subject for too long, as I notice where I'm running. Unable to slow down, I trip on the stairs and the last thing I remember before hitting the floor is my own scream.
Mag

Re: A change in plans (Continues on page 3!)

Post by Mag »

:'( poor Hanako. Well, not really. She does wind up with Hisao anyways but it still does suck how she fell down the stairs just to get an answer from him.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

“CAN'T I EVEN GO TO THE CAFETERIA IN THIS SCHOOL WITHOUT RUNNING INTO SOME ASSHO-?!?”
This still cracks me, up no matter how many times I read it. :P
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

kosherbacon wrote:
“CAN'T I EVEN GO TO THE CAFETERIA IN THIS SCHOOL WITHOUT RUNNING INTO SOME ASSHO-?!?”
I always thought that was a reference to Emi, since when else does he run into somebody.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I guess that explains why I find it so amusing.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

neumanproductions wrote:
kosherbacon wrote:
I always thought that was a reference to Emi, since when else does he run into somebody.
Actually it (intentionally) isn't a reference to anyone, but I suppose it could be a reference to Emi :D
Mag

Post by Mag »

When I first read it, i just thought of two people bumping into each other. But now that i think of emi...its the only image in my head now. everytime someone bumps into someon else, one of the people has to be emi. damn her and her accursed puppy dog eyes.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Very cute story.
Two things had me grinning:
1) That a school with over a hundred disabled students would have only one bed in the medical station and
2) that the nurse thought it would be a good idea to put (out of all those students)
- the girl who freaks out every time someone gets close to her and
- the guy who almost died after a love confession
into said bed together :mrgreen:

The scene is much too cute to be passed up though...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Very cute story.
Two things had me grinning:
1) That a school with over a hundred disabled students would have only one bed in the medical station and
2) that the nurse thought it would be a good idea to put (out of all those students)
- the girl who freaks out every time someone gets close to her and
- the guy who almost died after a love confession
into said bed together :mrgreen:

The scene is much too cute to be passed up though...
Meh. The room we're talking about is the head nurse's office, and as far as I can extrapolate from the scenes in KS, another bed wouldn't really fit in there, and the nurse didn't know the reason for the heart attack - just check the first nurse scene in KS :3
Besides, he asked for Hanako's consent, didn't he?

Anyhow, that scene was supposed to be cute and it seems to work splendidly well :3

...Would anyone happen to like a third chapter if I got an idea for one?
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Do ya really have to ask? DOO EEET!
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

kosherbacon wrote:
Preaching to the choir, man. Write On 8)
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Mag

Post by Mag »

Leotrak wrote:
kosherbacon wrote:
Preaching to the choir, man. Write On 8)
HALLELUJAH! PRAISE BE TO ESA!
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Enough with the "do you want more/yes we want more". No requesting, either write your stuff or don't. Temporary bans dispensed. I'll also remind people that ban evasion is a sure way to get a permanent one.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Silentcook wrote:Enough with the "do you want more/yes we want more". No requesting, either write your stuff or don't. Temporary bans dispensed. I'll also remind people that ban evasion is a sure way to get a permanent one.

*cough*

Yeeeea. Kinda strict there. If I asked a question "Do you like it?" I'm requesting (oh, god, I AM requesting!) an answer! Oh, hell. looks like questions are banable.

Sorry if I sound.. I don't know... rude. but Your noble judgment of "requesting issue" seems a little kinda wide. It's just my opinion, don't burn me on a stake or ban.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Smoku wrote:Sorry if I sound.. I don't know... rude. but Your noble judgment of "requesting issue" seems a little kinda wide. It's just my opinion, don't burn me on a stake or ban.
Do you think there would be a benefit in spelling out specific instances? It is my experience that the more precise a document is, the less likely it is that it will be read, nevermind followed.
But hey, it costs me literally nothing to add or edit a few lines. I'm listening for your proposal.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.