A change in plans (Continues on page 3!)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Esa94

Re: A change in plans

Post by Esa94 »

So uh, I finished the first draft of the Hanako chapter tonight. If someone doesn't mind spoilers, PM me for the draft.

Also, there's a few things that bother me in the original story. For example, this:
Not that it relieves me that much, since I still have to explain her why I ran into her and why I yelled at her and why I'm staring at her pan-

Wait, no, not that last one. It's not the point, anyway.
And the stuff I wrote for the Hanako chapter last month. It amuses me. And I have to rewrite it.

But yeah, as said, the first draft of the chapter from Hanako's POV is finished and you can ask me via PM if you for some reason want to proof-read it or comment on it or something n__n
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Glad to see this story is still alive. :D
Mag

Post by Mag »

Yay the story continues. Haven't been reading any of the fan fics for some reason. I don't know why I just stopped for some reason. But reading parts of chapter 1 got me going for some more but there is a lot out there now. Anyone read any of them that can recommend me some? Preferably ones about Hanako or Lilly?

Also, glad to see your alive Esa94. All the other fan fics i'm tracking are either dead now or the story is done. More dead than done sadly.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Mag wrote:Preferably ones about Hanako or Lilly?
Extremist_Line's "Thank God For Hangovers" has Hanako as an original character's love interest... and it's chock-full of "d'aaawwww."

Chaix just started a promising Hanako x Lilly x Hisao love triangle.

Neuman's "A Day in the LIfe Of..." series features perspectives from both girls.

dragoonHP started Cherry Blossom, an angsty Lilly/Hisao fic.

"Rain" by SophisticThesis is a short but cute Lillyfic

PharaohSauron did a superb Hanako/Hisao fic in his writethread.

"Numbered Days" by leotrak and "Fragile" by SnigendePind don't seem to lilly/hanako centric but I highly recommend both.

As for my own trash,

I've done a few about both girls...

But if you're not into Lilly x Hanako for whatever reason,

"With Apologies to Miss Anne Sullivan" has Lilly as a main character(so does "Beyond the Impossible" by E_Line), as does "The Manly Tea Party," and she is heavily featured in "Madame Lillian's Specialty Recreation and Delivery Service" and "The Coming Storm."

Hanako is a major character in "Afternoon Astral Projection"
Mag wrote:More dead than done sadly.
I cannot vouch for writers I'm not in communication with, but...

Wren's "Watercolors"(An Iwanako fic), and "Opportunity"(Original Character) are both ongoing.

"The Piano and a Change" may be on hold due to real-life circumstances but I've been told that it's not dead yet. :)

Extremist_Line's aforementioned "Thank God for Hangovers" is winding down at this point but will soon have a cyberpunk spinoff and possibly more one-shots stemming from the main story.

As for myself, "Kyouki Shoujo" and "Broken Dolls" are original-character centered fics that are still active.

So yeah, there's plenty to read yet :P
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Yay, more stuffs to read :D I'll probably have to re-read chapter 1 by the time you post chapter 2, though :P
kosherbacon wrote: "Numbered Days" by leotrak and "Fragile" by SnigendePind don't seem to lilly/hanako centric but I highly recommend both.
Well, in mine, you can't really say for sure yet if Hisao ends up with a girl or not :P Course, I'm the only one who knows - I have the ending all written out 8)

Now I just need to write the rest... ">_>
highly recommend
And I don't know about this, but it seems I'm the only one who disagrees with that notion -_-"
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

kosherbacon wrote:Glad to see this story is still alive. :D
Mag wrote:Also, glad to see your alive Esa94. All the other fan fics i'm tracking are either dead now or the story is done. More dead than done sadly.
TBH, I didn't expect a single reply. Awesome that someone cares :3
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Esa94 wrote:TBH, I didn't expect a single reply. Awesome that someone cares :3
Pfft, you should expect a little more of the fanfic lurkers here 8)
"oh moe is me" -me
Mag

Post by Mag »

Leotrak wrote:
Indeed Esa94. We care about good writing. Well at least I do. That and the D'aaaaaaawwwww moments you create. If you keep writing about Hanako and Lilly, I'll keep reading them. Others i'll read too of course, but my favorites are those two.

kosherbacon, thank you for taking the time to pick all of those stories. I'll get to them as soon as i can.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Mag wrote:
Leotrak wrote:
Indeed Esa94. We care about good writing. Well at least I do. That and the D'aaaaaaawwwww moments you create. If you keep writing about Hanako and Lilly, I'll keep reading them. Others i'll read too of course, but my favorites are those two.

kosherbacon, thank you for taking the time to pick all of those stories. I'll get to them as soon as i can.
I'm afraid there won't really be that much d'aww-scenes in the second chapter that is not actually the second chapter since there's another chapter named chapter two. I don't know how this is supposed to make sense, but I hope it eventually will.

However, fear not, for most of the second chapter (not chapter two but the other one, the one I'm talking about) consists of Hanako's thoughts. :3
Also there's Lilly.
Mag

Post by Mag »

kosherbacon, thank you for taking the time to pick all of those stories. I'll get to them as soon as i can.[/quote]

I'm afraid there won't really be that much d'aww-scenes in the second chapter that is not actually the second chapter since there's another chapter named chapter two. I don't know how this is supposed to make sense, but I hope it eventually will.

However, fear not, for most of the second chapter (not chapter two but the other one, the one I'm talking about) consists of Hanako's thoughts. :3
Also there's Lilly.[/quote]
Well put any scene with Hanako and I'll still like it. Would be interesting to see how you think on how Hanako thinks. I understand what your talking about there. No confusion at all. If anything, you can call this chapter like Chapter 1.5 or Chapter 1 B.
Mag

Post by Mag »

whoa for some reason that came out weird. Anyway, sorry bout that and decipher it. Weird why you could only make like 3 quotes.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I wrote this, but Lilly seems a bit confused here:
“Well, Akira is coming for a visit again, and from what I understood, he has multiple days off”
The line has been changed to make more sense in the second draft, though.

Also, about one fifth of the second draft written. Won't take long to release it at this pace n__n
Mag

Post by Mag »

Esa94 wrote:I'm not sure what I was thinking when I wrote this, but Lilly seems a bit confused here:
“Well, Akira is coming for a visit again, and from what I understood, he has multiple days off”
The line has been changed to make more sense in the second draft, though.

Also, about one fifth of the second draft written. Won't take long to release it at this pace n__n
What really concerns me is the "he" part in that sentence. Akira is a girl right?.....................right? or did i miss something here?

Yay story time is coming soon!
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Wow, there's blind, and then there's blind!

Hilarious typos happen to all of us. I just wrote something where someone's eyes were "squirting" instead of "squinting." :lol:
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

kosherbacon wrote:eyes were "squirting" instead of "squinting."
Most Epic Typo Ever 8)
"oh moe is me" -me