Prevalence of other girls in the paths

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ContinualNaba

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by ContinualNaba »

Which finally leaves the question of the Kenji route...
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Member22

Post by Member22 »

ContinualNaba wrote:Which finally leaves the question of the Kenji route...
Please don't get us started on Kenji... you see, we recently were finished from the Misha route fiasco... I am not bothered to talk about extra routes.

IMO, I think each character gets a good and bad ending (+/- middle/average ending) in addition to a bad ending @ end of act 1 (not choosing a girl at all). Things are beautiful if kept simple (well... not TOO simple).
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Juno

Post by Juno »

You already have it, it's your own damn fault if you go and die falling from a roof.
Nobody important

Post by Nobody important »

Juno wrote:
You already have it, it's your own damn fault if you go and die falling from a roof.
If Kenji got all up in my grill like that, I imagine I'd be strangely relieved to fall off a roof and die.

...Now that I think about it, Hisao didn't seem so bothered by it either.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Because he was drunk. And depressed.
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Simple answer: wait and see.

Practically speaking, shizune, misha, kenji, and rin are more likely to show up if you dont go for their paths. Shizune and Misha are because they are part of your class. Kenji, since you are his neighbor. Rin, because its in her nature to drift randomly.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Shades of Grey wrote:Simple answer: wait and see.

Practically speaking, shizune, misha, kenji, and rin are more likely to show up if you dont go for their paths. Shizune and Misha are because they are part of your class. Kenji, since you are his neighbor. Rin, because its in her nature to drift randomly.
Shizune/Misha and Lilly/Hanako will probably show up in each other's paths too, since the writers wouldn't have played up their rivalry so much if they didn't intend to come back to it later. They'd probably be more clearly the antagonists in each others' paths, although I can't imagine Lilly or Hanako doing much antagonizing themselves.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

SpectralTime

Post by SpectralTime »

Considering Aura's comments about worrying that Lilly is a Mary Sue, I reckon some antagonizing is bound to show up sooner or later as they try to offset it.
If you want to hear my pithy quote, go read the entirety of http://www.drmcninja.com/.

For that matter, go to http://www.kidradd.com/ too, especially if you have the right kind of browser.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

A Mary Sue who is a bitch once every two months would still be a Mary Sue.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Yeah, it just seems against Lilly's nature - not to say Shizune couldn't push her patience past the breaking point if she wanted to, of course, but on the whole Lilly seems like more of a peacemaker. I figure it's more a matter of giving her some depth by exploring the more subtle dark side of her character, maybe issues with jealousy or loneliness, or the toll that having a lot of responsibility takes on her; something along those lines. I usually find that the cheerful, sweet types of characters can be the most interesting when properly fleshed out like that, as opposed to ones whose flaws are more obvious (although they can be interesting too).
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Now what I really want from this game is for something to break Emi and for Lilly to completely snap.

I'm a terrible person.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

Post by 123 »

If you choose Lilly, you'll probably spend a fair amount of time helping Hanako. Or helping Lilly help Hanako. Same thing if you choose Hanako, only this time, you'll do a lot of Lilly's job in helping Hanako. Lilly will be there to help you help her.

Well, Lilly is motherly, and Hisao is fatherly.
:mrgreen:
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Oh-ho-ho! I sense a love triangle!

Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

I wouldn't doubt the possibility. It's still a school, and you're bound to bump into them.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

And in the case of Emi, she'll bump into you.