Seventeen pills a day

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Member22

Re: Seventeen pills a day

Post by Member22 »

Notguest wrote:Shouldn't the ECG in the opening be longer or something then?
I guess that the ECG was done after stabilizing the patient with medication.
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

@-abscess: hardy har har. :?

@Notguest: the OP references an acute problem more than a chronic one. If anything, it represents the time period in the immediate vicinity of the heart attack.
Also, expect at least SOME asspull out of us in the name of artistic license.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

The wiki entry linked says:
The diagnosis of LQTS is not easy since 2.5% of the healthy population have prolonged QT interval, and 10–15% of LQTS patients have a normal QT interval

...so apparently you can have a pretty normal-looking ECG.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:The wiki entry linked says:
The diagnosis of LQTS is not easy since 2.5% of the healthy population have prolonged QT interval, and 10–15% of LQTS patients have a normal QT interval

...so apparently you can have a pretty normal-looking ECG.
Good point :) , I didn't think about that...

This is just for your info, research is going in the direction of genetic diagnosis of LQTS, with ECG as a monitoring measure:

http://cardiovascres.oxfordjournals.org ... 7.abstract

and

http://www.bcbs.com/blueresources/tec/v ... 22_09.html
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate