New characters for act 2

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OriginalContent

Re: New characters for act 2

Post by OriginalContent »

MINOR NECRO

As a relative newcomer to the KS scene, who the [expletive deleted] are those guys anyway? What are they doing on the shimmie? Is Takashi that blind painter that Rin talks about at one point?
ThreeStep wrote:"No! I must stop the feminists!" he shouted.
"No, Kenji. You are the feminists," said Hisao.
And then Kenji was a woman.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

OriginalContent wrote:MINOR NECRO

Is Takashi that blind painter that Rin talks about at one point?
I read somewhere(probably wikipedia, hah), that Kenji was the blind kid in that Rin talked about. However, I'm pretty sure that's based on nothing but a wishful guess and for all we know will probably never be brought up again.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

As a relative newcomer to the KS scene, who the [expletive deleted] are those guys anyway? What are they doing on the shimmie? Is Takashi that blind painter that Rin talks about at one point?
Look at the classroom CG carefully.

Post by Guest »

Suriko wrote:

Or if you do not want to look, take a breath and think about how many blind kids there are in Hisao's class.
OriginalContent

Post by OriginalContent »

Guest wrote:
Suriko wrote:

Or if you do not want to look, take a breath and think about how many blind kids there are in Hisao's class.
Uhh...

Well, shit. There's my theory flung out the window by the ear.
ThreeStep wrote:"No! I must stop the feminists!" he shouted.
"No, Kenji. You are the feminists," said Hisao.
And then Kenji was a woman.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

I'm going to venture and guess that those characters that are in the classroom scene are going to become minor characters in Katawa Shoujo.

Well some of them. Notice how Naomi, Miki, Takashi and Suzu appear in the shimmie? That can't be an accident.

Also I think there is another teacher character that appeared in the shimmie.

Pretty much any orginal character that isn't Molly will be a minor character. The reason why they aren't in act 1 is because the devs wanted to put emphisis on the girls that Hisao could go on a route with. When the story branches off on to one specific route the other girls will fade away a bit and then it will be better to bring in minor characters to move the story along.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Being obsessed about the characters in that CG is bound to end up only in bitter disappointment, kind of like premature ejaculation while masturbating.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Aura wrote:Being obsessed about the characters in that CG is bound to end up only in bitter disappointment, kind of like premature ejaculation while masturbating.
It's because they look too special and raise suspicions! :D

Post by Guest »

look too special
In a school that's supposed to be full of disabled kids...
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Guest wrote:
look too special
In a school that's supposed to be full of disabled kids...
You know, I meant in another way.. They look like made way too good. Like they are not randoms. Like they have a purpose. They are not the white crowd you see in the halls or at the festival.
get it now?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Smoku wrote:You know, I meant in another way.. They look like made way too good. Like they are not randoms. Like they have a purpose. They are not the white crowd you see in the halls or at the festival.
get it now?
I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw them again. The devs want the player to focus on the path girls.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.

Post by Guest »

Smoku wrote: You know, I meant in another way.. They look like made way too good. Like they are not randoms. Like they have a purpose. They are not the white crowd you see in the halls or at the festival.
get it now?
Oh.

That's because in many cases they're shout-outs and hidden references.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Guest wrote:
Smoku wrote: You know, I meant in another way.. They look like made way too good. Like they are not randoms. Like they have a purpose. They are not the white crowd you see in the halls or at the festival.
get it now?
Oh.

That's because in many cases they're shout-outs and hidden references.
Or rather they look well thought out enough to keep the cameo characters from stealing the scene? I still hope for at least a few lines or hell, proper game sprites for some of them, now that all the shimmie art got me interested.
LiquidOcelot

Post by LiquidOcelot »

I don't want to speculate on what the dev's are doing, but I am curious about minor characters.

So far we've only been introduced to the 5 heroines (+ drill hair & Kenji), and a few non-student supporting characters.
This raises the question of how the rest of the class and school will be treated.
Obviously the MC's year at the Academy cannot pass with him interacting solely with this small cast, so I'm curious to see how the developers will treat this.

Will there be dozens of minor characters, who perhaps appear in name only or with very limited art?
Or will the rest of the students and staff be treated more like a kind of background noise, a setting over which the main story is laid?
Will these interactions be described only in passing? Or will it be left up to our imagination?

I'm not trying to fish for answers here, just analyzing possibilities.
Personally I'd rather just be surprised.
/k/ - politics
/k/ - bullshit/general
PinkMagus

Post by PinkMagus »

There are only 2 characters that really caught my eye that are not interacted with in the first act, and that is the two tan girls. All the other no names don't see very interesting.

Ofcourse, we all know that the person sitting on in the back of the class near the window in the Classroom CG is obviously a trap and will be the main cannon shipping in this game.

I just hope there is a path where Misha and Shizune get in a fight and allows for a Misha path. Or maybe Shizune gets hit by a car while crossing the street leaving Misha with both a depression and an absurd amount of free time.