Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

EvilDragon

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by EvilDragon »

Haha, note entry in Guitar Pro is a joke. MuseScore, Sibelius, Finale... much better.
Ensi

Post by Ensi »

EvilDragon wrote:Haha, note entry in Guitar Pro is a joke. MuseScore, Sibelius, Finale... much better.
I know. But not everyone is a theory-nut and frequently use Sibelius/Finale etc.

And I don't think it's a "joke". It has alot of options, the most standard ones and it works, but not as polished as the ones you mentioned though. Because hey, Guitar Pro.
WITH THE DOWHOP DIDDLY DOO SHLAPPAH CLAPPAH MAFFAH WHOOGLY A SHING SHONG SHAMMA LAMMA
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Yes. GUITAR Pro. Precisely the reason they should NOT have bothered with note entry, but stay at tabs only. Oh well. :D

I'm not really that big a theory nut, but I did go to music school so it kinda brushed on to me. :)

Good luck with porting it to GP! ;)
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

Ensi wrote:
mprasil wrote:Haha! These are all the same notes that I wrote, just written differently. There's a reason why I made that key signature. It's so that you wouldn't have all those ugly natural symbols and flat symbols. Ex. In the third note of the first bar, you wrote a B-natural, and then you had to correct it by writing a B-flat in the next note, and then AGAIN correct it back to B-natural in the next. B natural is the same as a C-flat, so if you look at my notes, I never had to write a flat or natural. When I wrote a C-note, you actually play a C-flat (or a B) and when I write a B-note, you actually play a B-flat.
So i'm on the right track, sweet! I actually just put in the notes exactly as I saw them on your PDF, and Guitar Pro automatically changed them (this is what confused me).

Do you have any MIDI's for it? I'd be happy to continue putting these in guitar pro and posting them here so people can have it in both. After that i'll take the daring task to try "transcribing" it to guitar. Already having difficulties playing this mother on piano!
http://www.mediafire.com/?jluo054glvj978o

There's the MIDI file for it. Like I promised, I'm going to post a video of me playing it once I have the time and once I'm happy with it, so maybe that will help you also to transcribe or see how it's played!
For now, I'll leave you with a video of me playing Wiosna. Mind you, I only practiced it for one hour when I posted this, so it's not all that great. I just really wanted to upload it ;)
-My real name is actually Misha.
Ensi

Post by Ensi »

EvilDragon wrote:Yes. GUITAR Pro. Precisely the reason they should NOT have bothered with note entry, but stay at tabs only. Oh well. :D

I'm not really that big a theory nut, but I did go to music school so it kinda brushed on to me. :)

Good luck with porting it to GP! ;)
Thanks! :) More time consuming than difficult, but I am doing it mostly so I have something I can read the music off of for myself (going note for note while looking at the keyboard-preview, haters gonna hate), since when I look at the transcription(s) all I see is:

mprasil wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?jluo054glvj978o

There's the MIDI file for it. Like I promised, I'm going to post a video of me playing it once I have the time and once I'm happy with it, so maybe that will help you also to transcribe or see how it's played!
For now, I'll leave you with a video of me playing Wiosna. Mind you, I only practiced it for one hour when I posted this, so it's not all that great. I just really wanted to upload it ;)
Awesome! I'm gonna check out your channel, you seem pretty skilled :)

And that would be awesome to get some help with, besides, i'm always looking for new friends that are into music (amazing what you can learn from them).

Edit: I have yet again confirmed that guitar pro hates MIDI importing. Gonna chuck it in Reaper and take a look :)
WITH THE DOWHOP DIDDLY DOO SHLAPPAH CLAPPAH MAFFAH WHOOGLY A SHING SHONG SHAMMA LAMMA
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Ensi wrote:Gonna chuck it in Reaper and take a look :)
You get instant respect points over here for using Reaper! ;)
DH531

Post by DH531 »

I've started transcribing 'Aria de l'Etoile' if anyone's interested, wrote down all the notes I could listen out for on paper, gonna get it on sibelius with the correct rhythm and such in the next couple of days :) Never transcribed anything before haha
What approach do you guys take when transcribing music?
Ensi

Post by Ensi »

EvilDragon wrote:
Ensi wrote:Gonna chuck it in Reaper and take a look :)
You get instant respect points over here for using Reaper! ;)
It is the best DAW I have ever used. And it's "free" if you drag out the trial, but it's so dirt cheap and Cocko can take all of my money!
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

mprasil wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?jluo054glvj978o

Ensi wrote:Awesome! I'm gonna check out your channel, you seem pretty skilled :)

And that would be awesome to get some help with, besides, i'm always looking for new friends that are into music (amazing what you can learn from them).

Edit: I have yet again confirmed that guitar pro hates MIDI importing. Gonna chuck it in Reaper and take a look :)
Thank ya :). Sure I'd love to help with any questions you have about music.
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

BTW, WHO WANTS SHEETS FOR "Romance in Andante II"??!!! I'd be happy to make 'em, it's my favorite song. Mind you, it probably won't be easy to play, but I'd still love to make them if some people want them.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

^ME!
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

Snow_Storm wrote:^ME!
Ah, Mr. Violin man?
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

DH531 wrote:I've started transcribing 'Aria de l'Etoile' if anyone's interested, wrote down all the notes I could listen out for on paper, gonna get it on sibelius with the correct rhythm and such in the next couple of days :) Never transcribed anything before haha
I usually use Goldwave to slow the song down about 100-150%, so I hear every single note clearly, then put the notes in using Musescore and export it into PDF and midi files.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

mprasil wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:^ME!
Ah, Mr. Violin man?
Indeed.
Orange

Post by Orange »

DH531 wrote:I've started transcribing 'Aria de l'Etoile' if anyone's interested, wrote down all the notes I could listen out for on paper, gonna get it on sibelius with the correct rhythm and such in the next couple of days :) Never transcribed anything before haha
I'm very interested; thank you.

mprasil wrote:BTW, WHO WANTS SHEETS FOR "Romance in Andante II"??!!! I'd be happy to make 'em, it's my favorite song. Mind you, it probably won't be easy to play, but I'd still love to make them if some people want them.
I would love that. Would it be for the original instruments or a piano arrangement? Either way is fine with me, and I greatly appreciate it.

On the whole Ab minor topic, can't you completely ignore the key signature to play the song in A minor (with the exception of making naturals into sharps)? I'm not entirely sure and would like to know, because I might end up doing this at some point.