Why does everyone think that Misha's fat? D:

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SirMax

Re: Why does everyone think that Misha's fat? D:

Post by SirMax »

Quidoo wrote:
Pimmy wrote:Best-case scenario is that Misha is built similar to Hinako.
Sorry, but does that say 'Best-case scenario'? That is what i'm seeing, but it cannot possibly be what you intended me to see. My eyes must be messed up real bad. Yes, that has to be it.
I believe Pimmy meant "Best-case scenario is this with Misha instead of Hinako"
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

SirMax wrote:
Quidoo wrote:
Sorry, but does that say 'Best-case scenario'? That is what i'm seeing, but it cannot possibly be what you intended me to see. My eyes must be messed up real bad. Yes, that has to be it.
... lemme fire up photoshop.

EDIT: for some reason I thought tracing would be easier than editing.
Attachments
too lazy to color.
too lazy to color.
hinamisha.jpg (182.77 KiB) Viewed 5539 times
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

SirMax wrote:
Quidoo wrote:
Yes, that is what I thought too.
Pimmy wrote: ... lemme fire up photoshop.

EDIT: for some reason I thought tracing would be easier than editing.
Oh my! :shock:

Okay, you've just won me over.
Still, maybe a touch less lard on the legs, but I guess that's just me.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I like Misha for what she is... and she is not that thick...

But really, people only mention that she is fat as a joke. She isn't actually fat, she just has the thickest sprite out of all the girls. But it is still not in fat range. Also she is next to Shizune most of the time. Comparisons will be drawn.

On a side note, Shizune isn't unhealthy. She actually has a nice figure. If she were dangerously skinny, she wouldn't have her boobs. People who are too skinny can't have hourglasses either. They'd be shaped like really thin rectangles.

Like Hanako...
Last edited by G3n0c1de on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Pimmy wrote:... lemme fire up photoshop.
Those words from Pimmy always bring us smiles. :mrgreen:
I grined from ear to ear Pimmy. Excellent.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Bara

Post by Bara »

G3n0c1de wrote:Also she is next to Shizune most of the time. Comparisons will be drawn.
Yep, as you said Shizune's sprites are best described as "wasp waisted". Some differention besides hair, eye color and the two options chests are commonly drawn as; ironing board or cow udders, is refreshing to see in female characters.
Also the reverse is true, being pictured next to Misha so much emphasizes Shizune's narrow waist. Maybe thats one reason they chose to draw Misha the way she is; to make Shizune look better. They used a lot of contrasts and complements between characters in the story.
Hanako can be slender without dramatic waist, hips or breasts because her "hook" for the story is her scars and her skitish nature in contrast to Lilly's flawless look and calm, collected and controled behavior.

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Pimmy wrote: EDIT: for some reason I thought tracing would be easier than editing.
(image)
Man I need to make comments like that more often if that's the result. Nicely done, Pimmy
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

I agree with G3n0c1de on this. (except for the Hanako part)

Also I think someone else mention about something under her clothing that 'makes' her look thick. (Ie a brace or something)

[quote="Pimmy] [-healthy Misha-][/quote]

nice
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

I doubt there are any disabilities which make you permanentaly wear a full upper body brace.

It could be some form of padding, though. There is a genetic disorder called 'Epidermolysis Bullosa' which causes the skin to blister and split when it comes under pressure (even the slightest pressure in some cases, like pressing a button). This could be affecting her torso and shoulders (it is often localised to only a few areas of the body). It seems pretty unlikely, though, judging from the way she stampedes into rooms and attacks Hisao.

I prefer to think that she is just healthy, rather than to explain away her voluptuous body with speculative nonsense. We should all keep Ockham's razor in mind, you know. Though I suppose it has no meaning in fiction...
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Unimaginative posting of wikimedia go!!!

* taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape

Going by this picture, it seems like most of the girls are the banana-type which is far more favoured in today's ideals. As for Misha, I believe she is leaning more towards the apple-shape which does not necessarily make her fat.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

Deimos wrote:Unimaginative posting of wikimedia go!!!

Going by this picture, it seems like most of the girls are the banana-type which is far more favoured in today's ideals. As for Misha, I believe she is leaning more towards the apple-shape which does not necessarily make her fat.
I have to disagree with you on that one. Her hips and her bust seem to be of approximately equal width, and there is a fair bit of curving going on between the two.

After a rather extensive MS Paint sprite analysis it seems fair to say that she is a widened banana with the slightest touch of pear (not nearly as wide or as breastless as the pear in your diagram, though).
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

A big issue, I believe (and I think it's been mentioned before) is that her sprite is seen dead on, while most of the other girls are shown in 3/4 view, which in general makes one appear slimmer.
静音是买外夫
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Quidoo wrote:I have to disagree with you on that one. Her hips and her bust seem to be of approximately equal width, and there is a fair bit of curving going on between the two.
You are probably right. :| I should use the holidays to download Act 1.2 in order to refresh my memory of the girls and seed the new version for some months.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

Quidoo wrote:
After a rather extensive MS Paint sprite analysis it seems fair to say that she is a widened banana with the slightest touch of pear (not nearly as wide or as breastless as the pear in your diagram, though).
Sweet, we can now effectively compare the KS cast to fruit in such detail.
This made me chuckle.
Bara

Post by Bara »

EmP|ty wrote:Sweet, we can now effectively compare the KS cast to fruit in such detail.
This made me chuckle.
So should we call KS Act 1 v.2 the "Fruit Salad" version? :mrgreen: