Why does everyone think that Misha's fat? D:

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

coldacid

Why does everyone think that Misha's fat? D:

Post by coldacid »

Now I'll agree that Misha is thicker than the other girls, but she's not really fat. She actually looks to be a healthy size, unlike a few of the other girls who appear to starve themselves. By absolute measurement, she's thinner than Lilly, and by relational she's pretty close to Emi. Y SO MEAN? ;_;

On the other hand, doesn't look like she gets much exercise, so after high school and college, all those snacks she eats, well... :p

EDIT: Amazing facts, brought to you by SCIENCE! By a measure of waist:height, Misha does appear to be thickest. But when you look at weight:height, Hanako is heavier (well, denser). This proves nothing, but SCIENCE! must always be shared.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
Caesius

Re: Why does everyone think that Misha's fat? D:

Post by Caesius »

People who say Misha is fat are more than likely trolling.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

coldacid wrote:Now I'll agree that Misha is thicker than the other girls, but she's not really fat. She actually looks to be a healthy size, unlike a few of the other girls who appear to starve themselves. By absolute measurement, she's thinner than Lilly, and by relational she's pretty close to Emi. Y SO MEAN? ;_;

On the other hand, doesn't look like she gets much exercise, so after high school and college, all those snacks she eats, well... :p

EDIT: Amazing facts, brought to you by SCIENCE! By a measure of waist:height, Misha does appear to be thickest. But when you look at weight:height, Hanako is heavier (well, denser). This proves nothing, but SCIENCE! must always be shared.
I sort of agree with you here.
However, as is the case with most things in life, people take an aspect of a person and exaggerate the bejeesus out of it. We can all see that she isn't 'fat', and that she's just pudgier than the rest of the girls (judging from her sprite), yet we find amusement in calling her a corpulent mess of lard, similar to how some people exaggerate Shizune's mild (if non-existant) tsundere-ness, Mutou's 'House'-like characteristics and Nomiya's creepy, perverted self.

It's just a bit of fun fun fun.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

Wait, Mutou is like House? I didn't notice that before but now that you mention it... Forget Misha, I think I'm gay for Mutou now... :mrgreen:

Still, if we exaggerate Shizune being a tsundere (or calling her a Type A when she's clearly a Type B), and Misha being fat, why is there so little about Emi being loli?
<coldacid> hanak-o's
Bara

Post by Bara »

coldacid wrote:..., why is there so little about Emi being loli?
You can't deny the truth? :mrgreen:
Actualy, I'd guess the first examples you gave are exagerations of character traits displayed by the girls in question, but being loli is entirely an interpretation impossed by the audience on the character. Or some BS interpretation like that...

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

coldacid wrote:Wait, Mutou is like House? I didn't notice that before but now that you mention it... Forget Misha, I think I'm gay for Mutou now... :mrgreen:

Still, if we exaggerate Shizune being a tsundere (or calling her a Type A when she's clearly a Type B), and Misha being fat, why is there so little about Emi being loli?
Haha. Interesting point.

I have no idea, to be honest.
Maybe it is because she is the least popular of the girls; many people find her dull (an opinion to which I disagree strongly). Speaking of which, people seem to choose to make fun of her lack of popularity rather than anything else (as seen by recent Shimmie pictures).
There have been a few Emi mockeries that i've just recalled. Quite a few "Am I kawaii uguu~?"'s and such.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Cus I like the idea of fat misha :[
In reality, Her disability forces her to wear something under her uniform, which gives the illusion of a thicker body.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Quidoo is pretty much right on the money on all counts, here. I'd also add that Misha stands next to Shizune all the time, and Shizune is a good bit thinner, whereas Rin and Emi and about the same thickness, which also applies to Hanako and Lily.
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

Hell, Shizune is unhealthily skinny. Skin and bones! Skeeeen and booooones! Quidoo does make a great explanation. But I can't accept the statement that Misha's so unpopular, given how people have kept asking for a path for her. She's the freakin' ensemble darkhorse, and you can't be that and unpopular.

As for Pimmy's suggestion, possible but I doubt it, because she looks fitting for her stats on the characters page. She should look even thicker if that's the case.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

coldacid wrote:Hell, Shizune is unhealthily skinny. Skin and bones! Skeeeen and booooones! Quidoo does make a great explanation. But I can't accept the statement that Misha's so unpopular, given how people have kept asking for a path for her. She's the freakin' ensemble darkhorse, and you can't be that and unpopular.

As for Pimmy's suggestion, possible but I doubt it, because she looks fitting for her stats on the characters page. She should look even thicker if that's the case.
Ah! Sorry! There's a bit of a misunderstanding.
I was referring to Emi throughout my last post. I apologise, I should have made myself more clear.
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

I should be the one apologizing; now that you mention it, it's blatantly obvious that you were talking about Emi when mentioning popularity. D'oh.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
toast

Post by toast »

Because somebody has to be the fat one.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Best-case scenario is that Misha is built similar to Hinako.
Attachments
1241838660313.jpg
1241838660313.jpg (172.46 KiB) Viewed 7624 times
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

Pimmy wrote:Best-case scenario is that Misha is built similar to Hinako.
Sorry, but does that say 'Best-case scenario'? That is what i'm seeing, but it cannot possibly be what you intended me to see. My eyes must be messed up real bad. Yes, that has to be it.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Quidoo wrote:
Pimmy wrote:Best-case scenario is that Misha is built similar to Hinako.
Sorry, but does that say 'Best-case scenario'? That is what i'm seeing, but it cannot possibly be what you intended me to see. My eyes must be messed up real bad. Yes, that has to be it.
You got a problem with some delicious healthy curves?