Fun Facts About the Shimmie

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Caesius

Re: Fun Facts About the Shimmie

Post by Caesius »

But they're fat in all the right places...
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Caesius wrote:But they're fat in all the right places...
Exactly Which make them love-handles. You gotta love those ones! Mmmhmm! Tasty!
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

Being fat is EXTREMELY BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH and is never good. You should feel deeply ashamed for approving of it.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

You know what else is bad for your health?

Missing some arms or legs, or having burns over 50% of your body.
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Blue123 wrote:Being fat is EXTREMELY BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH and is never good. You should feel deeply ashamed for approving of it.
Dude, chill out. Now, I can't believe this is almost a discussion about weight issues about drawings. I'm not gonna go there. Now, if you are referring to weight issues on actual people, then yeah, that is true. But fat isn't "EXTREMELY BAD" for my help, there are tons of other things that are worse than "being fat," like angina pectoris, cancer, having kidney stones while having only one, a collapsed lung, being an alcoholic... Now, why would I have to feel "deeply ashamed for approving" of being fat? First, I never said "fat is all right!" unless you took my joke as something serious (which you shouldn't). Second, there are fat people around, okay? Do I approve of them being fat? Not quite, but it isn't right to go hawking them telling them to get their ass on a treadmill. I wanted to go with the "how fat is fat" argument but, although it is relevant, would make me waste my time more than what I've already done.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

[shimmie]1217[/shimmie]

Seriously, what the hell?
abscess

Post by abscess »

Okay, I've recapacitated, being a FATASS is extremely bad for one's help, since it's something that aggravates other existing health issues (heart conditions being a well known example) and creates others, but I still think there are other, more extreme ones, than being fat, not FATASS.
Caesius wrote: pic
Seriously, what the hell?
I think that's precisely what Emi is saying.
Siiiiigh....
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

Caesius wrote:You know what else is bad for your health?

Missing some arms or legs, or having burns over 50% of your body.
Missing a limb does not really limit your life span, or make pre-existing health conditions worse. It makes life somewhat more inconvenient, and it will take extra effort to do some things. That is, unless you think of disabilities as a disease. ^___^
Juno

Post by Juno »

Blue's disability is disliking thunder thighs and DAT ASSes.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Juno wrote:Blue's disability is disliking thunder thighs and DAT ASSes.
These comments were a bit viral on the Shimmie, I could understand why they could grate on somebody's nerves.

Anyway, is Lilly's bow getting bigger in the fanarts as a deliberate attempt to give her more moe?
[shimmie]1215[/shimmie][shimmie]1181[/shimmie]

Of course, the artist is different and so is the artstyle but what do you think looks better?
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Deimos wrote: These comments were a bit viral on the Shimmie, I could understand why they could grate on somebody's nerves.
The general 4chanization of the shimmie is a big part of the reason why there's not much hurry to bring comments back. And when there's a captcha on every comment, I hope that will be some incentive to post more than a silly one-liner meme unless it's a particularly good one.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Deimos wrote:These comments were a bit viral on the Shimmie, I could understand why they could grate on somebody's nerves.
Well, I didn't mean the memes but the actual body fat. He sounded like an pissed off dietician, or a surgeon trying to sell liposuctions.

As for Lilly's bow, her real in-game one is better for me.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Juno wrote:
Deimos wrote:These comments were a bit viral on the Shimmie, I could understand why they could grate on somebody's nerves.
Well, I didn't mean the memes but the actual body fat. He sounded like an pissed off dietician, or a surgeon trying to sell liposuctions.
If you have ever been witness to what adipose bodies can suffer his rage is understandable. Old fat people who have diabetes mellitus and whose flesh is rotting under rings of fat but you only smell and detect it when you lift that layer of fat around it are not a wonderful picture to remember patients, for example.
Today, fat is more of an issue in the First World than smoking if I correctly recall some articles I read.
delta wrote:And when there's a captcha on every comment, I hope that will be some incentive to post more than a silly one-liner meme unless it's a particularly good one.
Allow me one question to the artists or people in general who visited the shimmie. "Was there a comment that moved or touched you, something beyond mere recognition of good work or plain admiration of the displayed skills that made some other comments more tolerable?"
I would really like to know how much value the comment function has/had - I would even consider it a real "fun fact" to know.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Deimos wrote:Was there a comment that moved or touched you
I'd say that the recent trend of posting the "OMG SURE IS DEVS POSTING ON HERE SHOULDN'T YOU BE MAKING A GAME GUYS" type of /jp/ stupidity made me pretty angry. I guess that is not what you wanted to hear but it is the answer to your question.
VCR
lolbot

Post by VCR »

On a lighter note:
[shimmie]1220[/shimmie]
SCIENCE
[13:00:51] <buckingham> why do you have to shit on my parade delta-kun you baka >_<