Fun Facts About the Shimmie

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Commissar Mecha Milk

Re: Fun Facts About the Shimmie

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

U.T. Raptor wrote:[shimmie]1225[/shimmie]
BEST END
More like BEST SMUG BASTARD LOOK, amirite?
Deimos wrote:No, sir! There can be only one.

[shimmie]1234[/shimmie]
...goddamn, why do Yandere chicks always look so hot?
Bara

Post by Bara »

Commissar Mecha Milk wrote:
[shimmie]1234[/shimmie]

...goddamn, why do Yandere chicks always look so hot?
You never heard the saying, "Crazy in the head; crazy in the bed." CommissarMM? :lol:
If some women can be attracted to "Bad Boys", it stands to reason some men can be be attracted to "Crazy Chicks". Experiencing vicarious danger through their partner seems to be a common quirk for some of either sex.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

There currently ten depictions of yandere in the Shimmie but Emi and Rin have until now been excluded from being subjected to be portrayed in such unfortunate psychotic circumstances as yandere girls are.

Interestingly enough, even the normally level-headed Shizune was deemed worthy to be a yandere. At a relatively early stage of the Shimmie, no less!

As was Lilly in two pictures.
Bara wrote:"Crazy in the head; crazy in the bed."
And here I thought it was "Lazy in the head; crazy in bed." However, I find your version to be much more fascinating. :twisted:
Last edited by Deimos on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Mind the quoting.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

Okay, you guys can quote images from the shimmie in this thread, seeing as the discussion here obviously relies on them. Don't go overboard, though.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Deimos wrote:Interestingly enough, even the normally level-headed Shizune was deemed worthy to be a yandere.
..."Even" Shizune?! What girl in KS can begin to compare to Shizune in terms of possessiveness?
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

EternalLurker wrote:
Deimos wrote:Interestingly enough, even the normally level-headed Shizune was deemed worthy to be a yandere.
..."Even" Shizune?! What girl in KS can begin to compare to Shizune in terms of possessiveness?
A yanderekko (unless I am hideously mistaken) is a girl who is initially timid/gentle but becomes a psychopathic brutal murderous demon of a creature. I don't know whether or not possesiveness is a part of it, though.

Shizune is definitely not timid and also she doesn't seem the type to be irrationally psychopathic. I guess that that is what piqued Deimos' interest...
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
Bara

Post by Bara »

Quidoo wrote:... irrationally psychopathic...
Shizunes style would be much more of a rational psycopathy than an irrational one. Probably with charts on which type of knife blade would skewer Hisao's heart best. :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

U.T. Raptor wrote:[shimmie]1225[/shimmie]
BEST END
We be/ Big Gimpin', spending cheese,
Big Gimpin', in Yamaku y'see
We doin'/ Big Gimpin' with disabilities
It's Mr. Nakai pimps with the K.E.N.G

Yeah, I lost to many years of my life to classic Jay-Z. Shut up. :oops:

[shimmie]1239[/shimmie]
THANK YOU GOD.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Arias

Post by Arias »

Bara wrote:
Quidoo wrote:... irrationally psychopathic...
Shizunes style would be much more of a rational psycopathy than an irrational one. Probably with charts on which type of knife blade would skewer Hisao's heart best. :twisted:
Charts? Graphs and sock puppets too?
Yandere is God-tier
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

EternalLurker wrote:
All love is selfish, so possessiveness of the desired partner in itself is no indication for a yanderekko.

I just found it peculiar that Shizune was portrayed as a yandere because she does not really show prerequisite behaviour for it.

A yandere is someone who values her or his real or perceived relationship as the the ultimate fulfillment for him-/herself. One necessary prerequisite is a highly idealized definition of love, that needs to be protected at all costs, sometimes against even negligible threats.
A similar view on love, albeit without the highly selfish and violent answering mechanism to outside interfering powers, can be viewed in the archetype of a Yamato Nadeshiko. So, if you squint your eyes a bit and turn your head a little you can imagine Lilly to be subjected (at this point) to portrayal as a potential yandere.
Another, perhaps more important prerequisite is that the character in question has to be somewhat "broken" before and is trying to give himself/herself some meaning through pursuing a relationship. Seeing this relationship as the last straw, it is only rational to fight for its continuation with all means necessary.

Yandere therefore do normally exhibit paranoia as their main psychological issue which means that they react with rational actions against irrational experiences. Actions, which may be perceived as extreme in the eyes of the sane beholder.
I suspect that Kenji does show signs of such paranoia as well and I believe it will be the only issue of that kind because his lines are meant to be interpreted as comedy rather than giving the plot point of him being mentally unstable. Furthermore, I do not think we will see any yandere in KS outside of fanarts because I think there is no place for that kind of character type in the setting of Yamaku Academy.

What Aura said in the fakku interview was probably a general statement rather than a confirmation of yandere involvements in the plot of Katawa Shoujo

Or to put it in simple artistic terms: Yandere are like Heaven and Hell combined in one person. Sweet and devoted to their "partner" and sociopaths on the other hand. Shizune does not fit any extreme, whereas Lilly by being overly condescending and Hanako by being overly sweet are representatives of the Heaven type and I can only guess that the artists wanted to spice them up a little.

I am sorry, I tend to overcomplicate matters quite a bit! :oops:
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
ever17

Post by ever17 »

^ I suspect this is why many individuals who consider themselves idealistic (me) are somewhat drawn to or fascinated by the yandere type. Not only do people like this (me) highly value a sincere and fulfilling romantic relationship, but the "broken" element of a person works as an opportunity for empathy and to console with one another, strengthening the bond, and deepening the relationship.

Many yanderes can be seen as loyal and passionate lovers. The downside? They freak out and kill you if you cheat on them. But if you like yanderes you probably wouldn't ;).

P.S.
Bara wrote: "Crazy in the head; crazy in the bed."
LOL.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

The ability to post comments is once again in place.

It is now spam-proof, but it's a little more tedious to use. We'll just have to get used to it.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Arias

Post by Arias »

ever17 wrote:Many yanderes can be seen as loyal and passionate lovers. The downside? They freak out and kill you if you cheat on them. But if you like yanderes you probably wouldn't ;).
yanderes are epic, and you would have to be suicidal to love them but cheat on them...unless it was with another yandere, then it just might be entertaining enough
Yandere is God-tier
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Deimos wrote:What Aura said in the fakku interview was probably a general statement rather than a confirmation of yandere involvements in the plot of Katawa Shoujo
Indeed, that and my comment about Rin's footjobs in the same Q&A have for one reason or another misinterpreted as confirmation of either appearing in KS.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents