Rin's footwear

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: Rin's footwear

Post by G3n0c1de »

Caesius wrote:Since she wears a boy's uniform, does she also wear boy's shoes/sandals/whatever?
I think the actual boy uniform has shoes, but because Rin is a special case, she has the freedom to wear something that would make things easiest for her. I think it would be her choice. So she goes with sandals.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

I won't deny that point, however, consider her condition in today's time. She'd still be wearing shoes, and she wouldn't walk around barefoot outside simply because society doesn't have us doing that often. I won't say that her feet probably aren't a little more 'worn' than an average person's foot, but I don't think her feet are stone age worn. We have likely evolved away from tough feet, so she'll still have the feet of a regular person.

There's also the case that, as I said about society, our environments are, more or less, designed for average use (i.e., shoes). Waxed floors are slippery as hell already on rubber sole shoes - I doubt skin grips any better. Black asphalt specifically fits this as well - they didn't have asphalt in the stone age. It was made to be hard, solid, and provide grip. As a trade-off, it conducts heat, which is easily overcome by the fact that we wear shoes. Even if she could actually go without shoes, it would suit her better to have some kind of foot cover.
I continue to disagree. Keep in mind that Rin is different from most people anyways so if she did walk around barefoot she could easily explain why she doesn't have shoes. Also keep in mind that where she goes to school everyone is different so if someone is walking around barefoot then it won't stand out. Last keep in mind that this is Rin we are talking about. I doubt she really gives a shit about cultural norms anyways. She going to do her own thing no matter what.

As for the environment it's manageable as depending on where she is. If she is on campus then she could go barefoot since you walk on sidewalks that aren't nearly as hot as asphalt if she needed to cross the street you can pass fast enough to get to the other side before it starts burning your feet. Last inside would be easiest one you get used to the texture of the floor.

I still see it realistic for her to walk around barefoot... at least on campus. If she went out to the convenience store then she might have shoes on.

Why don't we just ask Aura. He would know.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Aura is a girl, duh.

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

Mod Edit from Suriko: Was not actually banned.

Mod Edit 2 from Suriko: Is now actually banned, for one day.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

My gender aside, Rin is rarely barefoot not because of conventions, but because not having shoes on makes feet go dirty and it's uncomfortable doing anything with dirty feet. As the weeaboos amongst us may know, Japanese do not use shoes indoors as some people do, and have another pair of "indoor shoes" at schools etc. At school, Rin simply uses another pair of sandals, because wheelchairs and stuff bring in enough dirt into the hallways anyway. Once she gets to classroom she usually is barefoot though, unless she has to move more than a few steps.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:classroom
This made me wonder about how Rin is going about her education. Does she take the same lessons in a regular class? I suppose if she can do so many different things with her feet, writing could be among those. If she writes well, I guess there is no reason to teach her any differently from the other students. But perhaps she can't write with her feet, or it is tedious or hard for her. Then would she have a curriculum that is more geared toward discussion and oral work to get the lessons through? Also, If she writes, does she sit at a desk? I'd imagine that it would be hard to prop her legs up to write on the desktop, and it would be an uncomfortable position. Perhaps she just sits in a chair and writes on the floor?
Last edited by G3n0c1de on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

It's easy enough for her to take some notes, plus she could have larger textbooks and such.

Also here it's common for people to sit exams with a Scribe; you can get one even if your only disability is "Having crap handwriting".
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money

Post by Guest »

Seeing that she paints with her feet, it's not too much of a stretch of the imagination to assume she can also write with her feet although the letters she'd put on paper would be larger and her hand....footwriting would probably be less than elegant.
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

Wow. Reading what's gone on since I stopped paying attention to this thread, I'm kind of surprised that a topic like this can warrant posts longer than a paragraph. What the hell?
These fermions smell positively ionic.
Bara

Post by Bara »

bitpeg wrote:Wow. Reading what's gone on since I stopped paying attention to this thread, I'm kind of surprised that a topic like this can warrant posts longer than a paragraph. What the hell?
Yeah, lets get on the real subject: guessing the Devs genders. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

Bara wrote:
bitpeg wrote:Wow. Reading what's gone on since I stopped paying attention to this thread, I'm kind of surprised that a topic like this can warrant posts longer than a paragraph. What the hell?
All trannies
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

Duo2Cuo wrote:
Bara wrote:
All trannies
50-50 crap shoot with that option. I'll vote that.

bitpeg: It's the internet - debates over big, important topics like Terrorism end with "kill all [accused terroristic nationals]" while an irrelevant topic about an amputee's choice of shoes can and will go on for years (even after we know what she wears) in the form of "she should wear [this/that]."
Bara

Post by Bara »

Duo2Cuo wrote:
Bara wrote:
All trannies
Automatic or manual transmission? :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Automatic is for grannies and Americans.
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

Bara wrote:
Duo2Cuo wrote:All trannies
Automatic or manual transmission? :mrgreen:
"Get off the stage!"

"Boooo!"
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Bara wrote:Yeah, lets get on the real subject: guessing the Devs genders. :lol:
I think they are all guys except the ones who are girls.