Getting another step closer to Kenji's Theory...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Fatalis

Getting another step closer to Kenji's Theory...

Post by Fatalis »

http://www.theage.com.au/world/men-supe ... -ddd8.html

"SCIENTISTS claim to have created human sperm for the first time, in a breakthrough they say could lead to new treatment for male infertility."

We're screwed :/
Xenokitten

Re: Getting another step closer to Kenji's Theory...

Post by Xenokitten »

How exactly are you "screwed" by this?

1.) They aren't going to be passing out stem cell sperm like a sperm bank, they're using it to do research upon.

2.) It says that the research is for infertile males who can not father their own children and it will "allow infertile couples to have a child that is genetically their own" Meaning at some point in the equation the materials and dna for the sperm would be collected from the infertile male in question.

3.) If women don't want a man for reproduction they can *already* go to a sperm bank - so the conspiracy is already in place in that regard. Men are required to donate sperm for this to work, but men would also be required to be a candidate for the lab created sperm as well.

Meaning us women folk still need you guys for reproduction one way or another, plus you know there's the whole emotional and physical aspects of a sexual relationship which can't be replaced by test tube sperm
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

Fatalis wrote:treatment for male infertility
Gee we're really screwed, aren't we? Men previously unable to have children possibly being able to? The blasphemy of it.
Guess

Post by Guess »

I'm afraid I'll get the fun out of the joke, but it seems some are getting it the wrong way:
OP said it's a step closer to Kenji's conspiracies because, from what I read in the article, in the near future there will be the chance to create human spermatozoids in the lab. In the future (maybe 50 years?) men won't be needed to procreate, since sperm will be able to be created from stem cells or something else whenever desired. That would mean that a lesbian couple will be able to have their own child without there to be a man either having sex with one of them or needing a man's seed from a sperm bank (a place that needs men jacking off to get the so desired product). Having an alternative way to get sperm, men, in the stricter of senses, won't be required in the equation, thus being superseded by almighty science labs run by women.

Some could argue that the physical and emotional connection found in a relationship is as an integral part as sex and having children together. For the sake of argument, I'll say they are right even in the most strict of scenarios; so what if, by fate's twisted will, after such a technology is perfected and women can have children without the direct or indirect aid of a male counterpart, every woman in the world becomes a lesbian? Pretty obvious thing that would happen, ain't it?

Those are my two cents. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

Shit's gotta be expensive as fuck.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
Xenokitten

Post by Xenokitten »

I am well aware that it is/was a joke. I did laugh/get the joke, but I like debate and found some logic fail in the argument which I thought I would point out.

I also thought I'd comment though that it is unlikely for "all the women in the world" to become lesbians, even without men.

Using this as an example, what would happen to the children these lesbian couples were producing? There's still no genetic/scientific way to alter the sex of a child, there's old housewives tales/tips/tricks/etc but nothing scientific, so lesbian couples would still be giving birth to men.

Now one could argue that they would kill all the male offspring like china did back in the day to female offspring. But that's pretty unlikely. Even in a world without men I would think there would still be law and order, and the fact that if they went to the trouble of getting test tube sperm, the couple obvious wanted a child, and would have paternal/motherly instincts towards it, making it highly unlikely to kill it (I know mothers kill their children sometimes but I just cant see normal sane people, and billions of them doing it any time a male was born.)

So then these man-children grow up and somewhere some girl is going to be curious and mate with one of these male children, especially if there are virtually no men or whatever in society. Even if men were in a lowly rank such as slaves or something, hey that didn't stop white american slave owners from sleeping with their slaves...

And then eventually same thing that happened then would happen again, slaves and slave sympathizers would demand equal rights and work on freeing men from women's evil control.

--------

And that's not even taking into account
1.) Extremely religious individuals who view homosexuality as a sin
2.) Career minded women who don't want a relationship (feminists)
3.) People that just aren't attracted to the same sex
4.) The fact that yes there are toys and so on that a lesbian couple could use, but speaking as a female myself, they are not as fun or feel as good as the real thing, meaning that some women would not be sexually satisfied in a lesbian relationship
5.) The strict conservative nature of most of the western world and how christianity overflows into politics and the current stances on stemcell research, if you notice this article/research was done in Europe. In US stem cell research is pretty much "thwarted" by the government... Which I think is a shame since it could cure so many diseases, and the god damn eggs are THROWN AWAY ANYWAYS omg... (I could get onto a mini tirade on that but basically when a women goes to a fertility clinic they harvest many, many, many eggs from her because often times the first 2, 3, or more will fail to take, and these extras are either frozen forever, or disposed of, and in the later case, isnt that the same as "killing" them. -.-;) So why the heck not use them for research... But people misunderstand how these stem cells are aquired and get on their lil biblical tirades... Anyways getting off topic but it is a pretty delicate sittuation in general --- The point of bullet 5 is that, the western world frowns so heavily upon stem cell research, that the chances of this going "mainstream" EVEN in the next 50 years are seriously slim.
6.) The whole human / equal rights thing that most of the western world observes, would prevent a feminist take over/conspiracy anyways.
Ahsab

Post by Ahsab »

Now i find this funny, even the technical stuff, and yes i now have a feminist plan along with my zombie plan.

But I would like to point out a few small things, one they do know what dna strands are the ones that decide whether the child is a boy or a girl, so in 50 years (which seems to be the sperm thing consensues), they may have found a way to munipulate that strand. Secondly I could have sworn that when Obama went into office he said that he is going to allow stemcell research, so in a few years it may be up and running again, in fact the plan is supoosed to be finished legalizing this july (this month), so if all goes according to his plan, then stem cells are back.

So while i really don't think feminists will take over the world, because face it guys, us males are way more violent then females and in the future they will push some one to far, and bam mass riots.

And i'd like to take the time to say, i believe in female rights, i just wish they didn't try and ban stuff we like. Because is those people want to make a *fake* game that didn't really happen, with drawn characters in it. I say stay the fuck away from it, and if those girls want to strip and get lots of money because were dumb enough to throw our money away, i say leave them alone.
My Favorite Quote:
"Back away from my Computer and no one finds out what it's like to be put through a meat processor." -Me

Guess

Post by Guess »

Xenokitten wrote:I am well aware that it is/was a joke. I did laugh/get the joke, but I like debate and found some logic fail in the argument which I thought I would point out.
You are welcomed.
Xenokitten wrote:Using this as an example, what would happen to the children these lesbian couples were producing? There's still no genetic/scientific way to alter the sex of a child, there's old housewives tales/tips/tricks/etc but nothing scientific, so lesbian couples would still be giving birth to men.
There's still no way to alter the sex of an unborn child yet. If all goes well, the technology may develop further into those realms. But yeah, there could still be baby boys being born, but then again, there would still be no need for them as progenitors in such a society. Also, this:
Ahsab wrote:But I would like to point out a few small things, one they do know what dna strands are the ones that decide whether the child is a boy or a girl, so in 50 years (which seems to be the sperm thing consensues), they may have found a way to munipulate that strand. Secondly I could have sworn that when Obama went into office he said that he is going to allow stemcell research, so in a few years it may be up and running again, in fact the plan is supoosed to be finished legalizing this july (this month), so if all goes according to his plan, then stem cells are back.
Just a small note: I said 50 years because that seems, to me, as sufficient time for that technology to be developed to at least an acceptable level of success.

But in all this, you seem to be forgetting that I said in the "strictest of senses." What do I want to say with that? Faith issues, human rights violation, homosexuality seen as a sin, whether the perfected technology is accepted by a society or not, if the decision was made by a woman who really wants to have a child or it's just a strange fling made by a faulty mind.... it all* doesn't matter. What matters it that there would be a viable way for women to get pregnant without the need of a man at all. Sure, some of the doctors working in such a lab could be men, but they could be substituted by equally able women.

And as you have said: "it is unlikely for 'all the women in the world' to become lesbians" and I completely agree with that, there probably is a bigger chance that the LHC produces a black hole that eats the Earth than all women, suddenly and without reason, lean towards same-sex love. But we are discussing a step towards a theory that is odd at best, that of a female conspiracy that wants to rule over the world (or something like that) probably based in illogical fear or desire for vengeance. What do I mean with that? I'll answer with an example: You more than likely have heard of an issue where there is a gay teacher working in a school and some of the parents are enraged because they are afraid their kids will turn gay too. That isn't that much based in sound logic but fear. When afraid, people tend to think and/or do stupid things. The same with Kenji and his marvelous theories.
Xenokitten wrote:[Stem cell stuff]
Yes that is off-topic, but I feel inclined to say that I find that very agreeable. High five, mate!

*I could add that there is no need for love to have a child, but I did say that I'd add that to the equation for the sake of argument, even though it is not needed.