Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pickles

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Pickles »

cpl_crud wrote: 500000 step WU
Is that with or without the "[ ] Allow receipt of work assignments and return of results greater than 10MB in size" option checked?

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Juno

Post by Juno »

I have it checked and everything I've got so far on the CPU client are 500k steps WUs.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Yes it's with the large setting turned on.

I konw that at full CPU usage it took about 24 hours to complete...

Since that PC is at work I cant' check the log details but I know it was about twice as large as anything I've got on the CPU here
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Is anyone else having trouble sending back WU's? It says that it can't connect to the work server to send the results back. It puts the WU in queue, and starts a new one. Some digging gave me this:

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6958

Apparently, some of their servers may be down when you try to send back the WU. The server status page is here:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/serverstat.html

You'll need to look under the CONNECT category to see if the server is working. If the server is down, you'll just have to wait until it is fixed. I hope this helps someone with the same problem as me.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Juno

Post by Juno »

It took hours for my yesterday WU results to upload, but as long as they end going up it's fine.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Yes I have noticed it before, particularly with the Unicode client. If I happen to be at the computer I quit the client, reopen it, give it 1-2 minutes and check if it is running again, rinse and repete if not. Generaly 5 or so attempts will get a new work unit. If that doesn't work I figure the servers are messed up badly and wait for it to restart on its own.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Kota

Post by Kota »

In case you haven't noticed, my main folders have been offline for a week or so, so you guys should enjoy it while it lasts. I'll probably be looking into bringing them back online again soon.

That means 5k PPD more for the team, too.

Also, looks like we have our first threat. 1 month from now, we'll be overtaken.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Kota wrote:In case you haven't noticed, my main folders have been offline for a week or so, so you guys should enjoy it while it lasts. I'll probably be looking into bringing them back online again soon.

Also, looks like we have our first threat. 1 month from now, we'll be overtaken.
http://www.xcpus.com/folding/FoldingTea ... 355&page=1

Eh, I imagine they only formed for the Quakecon event, I doubt many will continue after that. Looking at their PPD, they had 360k two days ago and 190k yesterday, impressive but its dropping pretty quickly. By contrast, ours is still increasing at a slow but steady rate.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Palodin wrote:
Kota wrote:In case you haven't noticed, my main folders have been offline for a week or so, so you guys should enjoy it while it lasts. I'll probably be looking into bringing them back online again soon.

http://www.xcpus.com/folding/FoldingTea ... 355&page=1

Eh, I imagine they only formed for the Quakecon event, I doubt many will continue after that. Looking at their PPD, they had 360k two days ago and 190k yesterday, impressive but its dropping pretty quickly. By contrast, ours is still increasing at a slow but steady rate.
There is one ID on that team with a 37K PPD average. Thats awesome, but yes I think they will probably drop back also. Seems like they now have a lot of people with 0 PPD now and are depending mainly on a few heavy hitters. I guess thats true for most teams. The overtake is predicted at about 3.5 weeks now.

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Kota wrote:1 month from now, we'll be overtaken.
Bara wrote:The overtake is predicted at about 3.5 weeks now.
Overtake is 3 days now.

For what its worth, I managed to revive a decade old IBM machine at work, and circumvent the restrictions on a Western Union PC (1 gig flashdrive > Full Hard-Drive Lock). Its amazing how jealously Western Union restricts the functions of their machine. No, really, even right click is disabled. Hell, the PC case is riveted together and the front USB ports are too small of a USB jacks. Didn't care to try, but the CD tray is most likely a dud, too. The thing did have a rather respectable single core CPU, however.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Welcome to the top 1500, guys.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Different websites give different overtake estimates for whatever it is worth. :D

JetAlone

Post by JetAlone »

Looking at the xcpus page, their PPD is dropping off exponentially, and is just barely above ours now.
Kota

Post by Kota »

No convention lasts for more than a week at most, I don't think. They wouldn't have enough time to overtake, anyway.

Good news: Main folder back up, along with my backup folder.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

Got my playstation and my computer running these now that I'm on campus. Playstation has already gotten 1 WU in and my computer is about 25% through its first as well. Off hand, anyone know how I can make F@H use both cores of my dual-core processor? Or would I just have to have another instance of F@H running on the second core if I wanted to use them both?