Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Silentcook »

Tweaked wrote:I'll need to keep that in mind. Thanks for the information.

Also, where can I get awesome sig?
Higher up in this thread, here:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 315#p25391
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Bara

Post by Bara »

G3n0c1de wrote:Team, welcome to the top 700.

Bara, happy 1000th WU.
Whups! 2 little milestones that both slipped by me. :D
Also I noticed that the Folding_Texas seems to have had a bit of a disruption. Since Oct 27 they have been putting out about 1K PPD. Calguns shows no signs of falling off their 100K PPD average. I figure our only chance with them is to shanghai the 2 folks (or more importantly, their 2 computing rigs) they have adding about 85K PPD to their total. Dispatch Kenji and the KS Ninjas to "make it so." :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Tweaked

Post by Tweaked »

Almost close to the five million point mark. Let's keep it up!
Bara

Post by Bara »

Bara wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:I scoured the internet to see if anyone has taken notice of our folding.
http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic ... abd9131451
Nothin' big, but the Tales series of games community forum apparently is trying to do some folding of their own.
DoubleL wrote:Ok, so I was going to declare the Katawa Shoujo team our rivals, because I can do that sort of stuff, but as it stands they are kicking our butts up around our ears.
This made me smile. It's nice to be noticed.
Whew! I'm afeared of them! They are Internet bullies kicking digital sand in our faces. :mrgreen:
Still, it is realy nice our teams example can inspire others.

We have been folding for about a month and one week and have approximately 1.1million total points for the team score. Any guesses where we will be by say, years end, for both team score and team ranking? I'm guessing at 4 to 4.5 million for the total score and maybe the high 600's for the team rank? Pretty much pulling numbers out of thin air, I know, but does anyone else think its doable?
Well, I was right enough with my guess back in early August on the Team ranking and total points, but only just a little off in the time frame (3 months off). Better to hit it early than late. We got to this point cranking out one WU at a time and are one kickbutt folding team! :D

Looking ahead is better than looking back and I noticed that we are putting out PPD comparable to a lot of the strong teams ranked in the 200's. They simply have a HUGE lead in total points; 14 million to 24 million. Does anyone thing I'm totaly out of my gourd (quiet in the peanut gallery there, I haven't finished the question yet!) if I say we could realisticly be knocking on the door of 14 million total points by the time we hit our one year aniversary of the KS F@H Team? (July 5th is when Suriko registered the team)

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Back at your first prediction, I thought you were swinging for the fences, but we've already hit it out of the park. This prediction may be of the same vein, all we have to do is keep folding.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Kota

Post by Kota »

Guess who's back? Expect a bump of around 5-6k PPD in the team total, my 8800gt is back and better than ever. On the bad side, my CPU no longer OCs; my new mobo doesn't want to OC, regardless of the supposed awesome OC ability of the mobo (P5Q Premium from Asus, if you're wondering).

Also, as for where we'll be on our one year aniversary, look at this generator:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... 1502&f=275

Using the previous averages for our team, 275 days from when I'm posting, we'd have just over 27m points. Taking into account problems and loss of activity, I'd still say we have a good chance of having at least 25m points on July 5th, 2010.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Wow, 25 million? Id' love to see that. I just have a hard time getting myself to trust those projectotions. My own personal hopes are to see 20 million but I think 14 is a reasonable one giving people leeway for plenty of computer downtime and gaming. :D

Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

Bara wrote:Wow, 25 million? Id' love to see that. I just have a hard time getting myself to trust those projectotions. My own personal hopes are to see 20 million but I think 14 is a reasonable one giving people leeway for plenty of computer downtime and gaming. :D
But surely the game will become more popular upon final release, hopefully bringing more people to our folding team?
Bara

Post by Bara »

Duo2Cuo wrote:But surely the game will become more popular upon final release, hopefully bringing more people to our folding team?
Thats also something I'd love to see, but until I saw a rise in the number of folks joining in to fold proteins I don't want to add into the wild guesses I'm already making out of thin air. :mrgreen:

We did about 4.8 million points in the first 3 months. I'd be happy if we keep can keep chugging along at 5 million or more every 3 months would get us over 20 million by the time July 5th rolls around. Of course more would be fine too. 25 million would get the team close to, or just over the 200's and into the 190's.

(Damn, there goes my optimism again. Growing from 14 to 20 million in just a few posts.) :mrgreen:

Kota

Post by Kota »

Remember, it's hard to predict where we'll be on numbers alone, because other teams are getting points just as we are, and new teams are joining daily; we already have 2 that might overtake us.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
berserker29

Post by berserker29 »

Bara wrote: Whups! 2 little milestones that both slipped by me. :D
Also I noticed that the Folding_Texas seems to have had a bit of a disruption. Since Oct 27 they have been putting out about 1K PPD. Calguns shows no signs of falling off their 100K PPD average. I figure our only chance with them is to shanghai the 2 folks (or more importantly, their 2 computing rigs) they have adding about 85K PPD to their total. Dispatch Kenji and the KS Ninjas to "make it so." :lol:
Yeah, I've been watching Folding_Texas's ppd going down over the last few days as well - they're not quite so scary anymore. I think road-runner may have gotten too enthusiastic, and was folding on some machines that he probably shouldn't have been - at work or at a public facility maybe? I imagine doing so (without consent) wouldn't go over too well with those in charge.

Or the F@H powers-that-be suddenly decided to flip a few kill-switches.

Kota!! Welcome back!! I was just wondering what had happened to you, moving up to 4th felt kind of hollow without you around to fight back :|
2xCPU version, 1xPS3, 1xGTX 260
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

berserker29 wrote:
Bara wrote: I think road-runner may have gotten too enthusiastic, and was folding on some machines that he probably shouldn't have been - at work or at a public facility maybe? I imagine doing so (without consent) wouldn't go over too well with those in charge.
Hey! If all the machines are normally only used for is sending mail, it would be a shame to let them go to waste. I mean, if the machines are on 24/7, and the greatest strain they get are youtube videos for employees without work on had, would it be so wrong to have F@H on them? The difference is almost unnoticeable to everyone. If you leave the server that handles the store's security surveillance video feed, then you're not really obstructing work and are contributing to science. Besides, in the past, I complained to management that workers should turn off work PCs at the end of the day, and was rebuffed. If you're going to waste the electricity, why waste the cycles?!? And this isn't using the terminals for "recreational purposes" so no one is being distracted from work by this. I am not doing anything wrong here.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
angular

Post by angular »

Pickles wrote:Besides, in the past, I complained to management that workers should turn off work PCs at the end of the day, and was rebuffed. If you're going to waste the electricity, why waste the cycles?!?
There's a significant difference between power draw at idle and power draw at 100% CPU....
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Happy 5 mil everyone, and we now have over 200 members on our team.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

At the rate we're going, we should pass 7 million points by the end of the month. We made 2.2m points last month, and we're already 500k points in only a fifth of the way through this month. I'd say we should have 10 million by the beginning of December.