Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DuaneMoody

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by DuaneMoody »

I have a test server box on my desk at work and something like 5 PCs at home, two of which are guaranteed to be on most of the time because they're Mythboxes. The test server (shitty P4) now has Folding running on it; will Stanford get confused if I have multiple boxes running simultaneously from different IPs with separate WUs being solved on them, all logged in as the same username/team?

It sounds like the answer is no.
Kota

Post by Kota »

No, they won't. It'll be fine.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Kota wrote:No, they won't. It'll be fine.
Good, because that test server's CPU fans kicked in for the first time in five months today.
Malinor

Post by Malinor »

I've been gaming a lot recently so my folding has slowed down significantly this week, but what can ya do.

That said, I'm actually really impressed with how well the team is doing. I never would have expected it to work so well or to have this many people agree.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Malinor wrote:I've been gaming a lot recently so my folding has slowed down significantly this week, but what can ya do.

That said, I'm actually really impressed with how well the team is doing. I never would have expected it to work so well or to have this many people agree.
Yeah looking at the stats from Overclocked we might hit a 50K points in 24 hours soon. I think we just missed it with a 49K in a 24 hour period the last I looked. But all that depends on how they figure the times and frequency of updating.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Turns out that it was working correctly, I just got a HUGE work unit on my first try. I finished it now, it was worth 1920 points...
Kota

Post by Kota »

Argh, something's up. I just recently hit less than 4k PPD in FahMon. Fucking firefox, I bet.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Kota wrote:Argh, something's up. I just recently hit less than 4k PPD in FahMon. Fucking firefox, I bet.
Thats probably just temporary, mine fluctuates between 4000-6500 pretty much at random.
Kota

Post by Kota »

I'm usually at 5000PPD+, but with normal fluctuations down to 4xxx, and up to 60xx. It seems to have recovered...
Juno

Post by Juno »

Ok, so I joined the party and OMG 18 hours to finish a work unit?! :lol:
Good thing this got more checkpoints than a shooter or else my laptop would melt.
Tried to run the GPU client but it just crashed. Oh well, I'll have to go with the common CPU one in the meantime.
Kota

Post by Kota »

I hope you're not trying to run GPU on that laptop...
Juno

Post by Juno »

As I said I tried to but it crashed right away complaining about some DLL crap the moment I opened the viewer. Having an 8600M GT with dedicated memory should be enough to run it, but I won't bother now.
Kota

Post by Kota »

I don't think they even support mobile chipsets. I wouldn't do that on a laptop, anyway. CPU makes it hot enough.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

Once I get to college, I can start running some of these on my Playstation 3. I believe it can handle a small job in a little under 6 hours or so and a large one in about 30 (give or take). I think it was brilliant of these guys to have the appropriate software pre-installed in them from the beginning. Eight processors would help get them done quickly.
Bara

Post by Bara »

darkblade986 wrote:Once I get to college, I can start running some of these on my Playstation 3. I believe it can handle a small job in a little under 6 hours or so and a large one in about 30 (give or take). I think it was brilliant of these guys to have the appropriate software pre-installed in them from the beginning. Eight processors would help get them done quickly.
The PS3 does require an internet connection and if you are running the PS3 client the first time it will require an update of the client before you can run F@H. In general I get about 3 workunits from my PS3 every 24 hours.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?