Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bara

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Bara »

Suriko wrote:ITT Valkyria Chronicles fans gather.

I bought a PS3 for it.
Actualy I didn't even buy my PS3; I won it in a raffle at a SOE convention and it sat gathering dust (litteraly) until I heard about Valkiria Chronicles and looked it up on the net. I knew I had to get my hands on VC. I even bought the dowloadable stuff. It has to be a good game if a guy like me who looks down on console games like me thinks it is great. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Kota

Post by Kota »

>Team Ranking Change in the last 24 hours
>Down 1
FFFFFFFFFFF

BARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Kota wrote:BARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You rang/bellowed? :mrgreen:
Eventualy something in my lash-up will blow up and my folding will fall. I have confidence in the pervasive nature of Murphey. His Law is much like the speed of light and gravity. You might try to evade them but they can't be broken. :lol:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

We are quickly approaching the 3,000,000 point total. Two milestones in a few days? Awesome. I'm cooking up something for the occasion...
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Duo2Cuo wrote:How is the PS3? I've been meaning to buy a slim but haven't gotten around to it.
It's alright, we get the better versions of RPGs like Eternal Sonata and Tales of Symphonia, don't have to pay for internet play and get wifi connection as a default. :P But in the end the choice falls down on whether you like the console exclusive titles / want to watch Bluray movies, or not.

The not-so-Slim itself (yeah, it's smaller, but nowhere near the proportions the PS2 shrinking was) is less cool-looking than the original model, you can't install Linux on it (they cut the hypervisor that let you do that to bring down the price, I guess it was licensed) and you can't put it vertically without a separate stand that is yet to be released (and won't sell shit because Sony tagged it at $25, so third parties must be rubbing their hands together). On the bright side the hardware is smaller, so it consumes less power, produces less heat and makes less fan noise (although the original PS3 was already quieter than the 360, this one's very quiet)
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

[shimmie]131[/shimmie]

You've made me so proud, team.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!!

If anyone actually wants one, this is the code:

Code: Select all

[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8285/achievement2.png[/img]
Edit: Works now. It's a little smaller, but oh well.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Bara

Post by Bara »

G3n0c1de wrote: If anyone actually wants one, this is the code:
Why thanks, I just might start using this. :mrgreen:

Nice design by the way. :D

minkus

Post by minkus »

I have no idea why I didn't hear about this earlier. I just downloaded and got it up and running.

Kenji: I wear a hat now.
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

minkus wrote:I have no idea why I didn't hear about this earlier. I just downloaded and got it up and running.
Welcome to the fold :lol:

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Pickles wrote:
minkus wrote:I have no idea why I didn't hear about this earlier. I just downloaded and got it up and running.
Welcome to the fold :lol:
...spindle and mutilate. :oops:

delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

I've hacked up a little nicer team stats image.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/imgsrv/fah/stats.php will return this PNG file:

It's using the EOC XML feed, which is updated every three hours. The data polling rate is 10 minutes.
This is mainly for our blog (thus there are no individual stats, and I don't plan on adding any). You can use it elsewhere if you feel the need to though.
Loki

Post by Loki »

Bara wrote:
Suriko wrote:ITT Valkyria Chronicles fans gather.

I bought a PS3 for it.
Actualy I didn't even buy my PS3; I won it in a raffle at a SOE convention and it sat gathering dust (litteraly) until I heard about Valkiria Chronicles and looked it up on the net. I knew I had to get my hands on VC. I even bought the dowloadable stuff. It has to be a good game if a guy like me who looks down on console games like me thinks it is great. :lol:
Got a slim specially for it. <3 Freesia, even if her name sounds like a certain DBZ villain.
Bara

Post by Bara »

delta wrote:I've hacked up a little nicer team stats image.
Nice work and good use of the image of Lilly folding cranes. :D

Bara

Post by Bara »

Oh, and power outages suck. One hit sometime after midnight when I was gone and I didn't get back till 4:00 pm this afternoon. That is up to as much as 16 hours or so of folding time down the tubes. Maybe I'll be able to get a few WU's done before midnight so the day is not a 100% loss and I put something in for the team total.

I guess I should expect more outages this winter since the local electric utility has cut back all its tree trimming contracts for the last year or more. Maintainace was thrown out of their budget by them a couple of years ago but they even raised my rates to increase the "emergency repairs fund". Since they won't fix anything untill it breaks I guess I'll have to expect more outages for my increased rates. This does not give me warm fuzzy feelings at all. :x

Pickles

Post by Pickles »

We broke 80k PPD yesterday. That is good enough to get us into 114th place.

My own contributions have gone down, though. Haven't had much time to fold on home PC lately, and I'm guessing several PCs at work stopped folding for whatever reason, haven't had the chance to check on this in the past week.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.