Skin grafts?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SirMax

Skin grafts?

Post by SirMax »

Sorry if this has been covered before, but one of my friends is convinced that there is no reason for Hanako's burns to be as obvious as they are with the advent of advanced cosmetic surgery. Not knowing much about medical stuff myself, I have no answer for her. Has Hanako had all the possible treatments and it was just worst before? Can she just not afford plastic surgery?
Validus Razgriz

Re: Skin grafts?

Post by Validus Razgriz »

If her burns are as extensive as we think, skin grafting is almost out of the question unless you have a donor.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

OBVIOUSLY KS is set to 1970's. Rin is a thalidomide child, there are no ways to ease several fairly easily fixable disabilities, everyone is listening to funk and the boys' school uniform has pant legs wider than Lilly's vagina.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

They did graft some skin from her ass to her face. But the doctors were drunk so they didn't notice it was burnt as well.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

heh plotholes
abscess

Post by abscess »

delta wrote:They did graft some skin from her ass to her face. But the doctors were drunk so they didn't notice it was burnt as well.
OMG. That would explain some of the curly hairs growing at one side of her face!
Siiiiigh....
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Aura and delta wrote:[/sarcasm]
*holds up bowl* Please sir, can I 'ave sum more?
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

You are all terrible people
Bara

Post by Bara »

Duo2Cuo wrote:You are all terrible people
And you are just noticing this now?? :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

Bara wrote:
Duo2Cuo wrote:You are all terrible people
And you are just noticing this now?? :wink:
Ignorance is bliss :D
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Validus Razgriz wrote:
Aura and delta wrote:[/sarcasm]
*holds up bowl* Please sir, can I 'ave sum more?
"Thank you, Sir! May I have another, Sir!"
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

SirMax wrote:Sorry if this has been covered before, but one of my friends is convinced that there is no reason for Hanako's burns to be as obvious as they are with the advent of advanced cosmetic surgery.

Has Hanako had all the possible treatments and it was just worst before?

Can she just not afford plastic surgery?
Short version: wrong in context, correct in context, and likely not.

Longer version: I'm not going to go into precise details because of obviously spoiler-y information, but you can assume that Hanako is very, very lucky to be alive at all, based on the extent and severity of her original burns. She has to be, though - she's an eroge heroine :wink: . Surgery, even today, can only do so much and even then only over so much time.

Japan has a system of universal health coverage, but it is rather complex. I'm not going to pretend that I understand it entirely, but Hanako ought to fall under it, paying roughly 30% of inpatient/outpatient costs, up to a certain ceiling.
Time for exhibit A: minor blepharoplasty (eye-tuck) procedure costs. The procedure is pretty much the tiniest thing you can have that qualifies as surgery, lasts literally minutes, requires very small cuts and very few stitches, and so it practically requires no convalescence.

Current-day converted cost: approximately 500-2000 USD.

A "mid-weight" procedure, such as breast implants, a complicated nose, or facelift, STARTS at over 6500 USD. Ballpark the recovery at 3-6 weeks, while we're at it. Hanako's scarring, I'll remind, is NOT in the mid-weight range, requiring multiple staggered procedures over each interested area.
And notice that I'm not even considering the actual pre-stabilization burn treatment; other physiological factors; and psychological factors. Things add up, very quickly, both in amount of time required and in cost.

To sum it up, Hanako's situation is not nearly as unlikely as your friend thinks, nevermind considering our artistic licence. In a sense, I'm flattered to hear that my colleagues' work in Japan (and by extension, mine) is so highly thought of, but I wish it were that easy.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

Aura wrote:OBVIOUSLY KS is set to 1970's. Rin is a thalidomide child, there are no ways to ease several fairly easily fixable disabilities, everyone is listening to funk and the boys' school uniform has pant legs wider than Lilly's vagina.
That would explain so much of Kenji's personality.
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
Despair Sensei

Post by Despair Sensei »

CindehQ wrote:
Aura wrote:OBVIOUSLY KS is set to 1970's. Rin is a thalidomide child, there are no ways to ease several fairly easily fixable disabilities, everyone is listening to funk and the boys' school uniform has pant legs wider than Lilly's vagina.
No, it's because secretly Kenji is The Question and is the last sane man in an insane world defending us from the feminist conspiracy while singing off key pop diva songs.
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

Despair Sensei wrote:
CindehQ wrote:
No, it's because secretly Kenji is The Question and is the last sane man in an insane world defending us from the feminist conspiracy while singing off key pop diva songs.
"THE PLASTIC TIPS AT THE ENDS OF SHOELACES ARE CALLED AGLETS. THEIR TRUE PURPOSE IS SINISTER."
These fermions smell positively ionic.