Your First Playthrough

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Whos Ending Did You Get On Your First Playthrough of KS?

Emi
42%
Hanako
22%
Lilly
9%
Rin
7%
Shizune
8%
Kenji
12%

Total votes: 1579

Shades of Grey

Re: Your First Playthrough

Post by Shades of Grey »

Where did you find this out? I am curious since, as far as I was aware, It was basically impossible to learn to speak if you were born deaf. This being owed to the lack of exposure to sound ever and thus the lack of development in those parts of the brain.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Shades of Grey wrote:Where did you find this out? I am curious since, as far as I was aware, It was basically impossible to learn to speak if you were born deaf. This being owed to the lack of exposure to sound ever and thus the lack of development in those parts of the brain.
Well, the difference between that and, say, being born blind is that whereas seeing is a purely mental function that can't be taught if you didn't learn it yourself, speaking is basically just a physical action. AFAIK it takes a lot of coaching, being taught how to make sound with your voicebox and form the different shapes with your mouth, stuff like that. So really it would just be a matter of muscle memory. I'm sure it would be a pain in the ass though, and it would be impossible to be aware of the nuances that make regular speech sound natural, which is why deaf speakers sound so strange and sometimes have volume control issues.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I wonder if something like Brainport could help.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

I got Shizune, but I was kind of cheating because I knew a bit about what choices you had to make to get her, and I wanted to get her, so yeah.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Well Shizune's choices are kind of obvious. (Apart from the random Kenji traps that is)
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Yeah, but I had some other things spoiled for me, such as how "Go for it" tends to get you Emi's path. So I didn't pick it. Which made it a pain in the ass to get the "Slow Recovery" scene when I was trying to go for 100% completion, since I tried like 4 times to see the scene and kept fucking up every time. In retrospect, since I was aiming for Shizune, I could have said "Go for it" and still gotten the Shizune ending, considering how the paths were structured.

By the way, I love how the game guilt-trips you with stuff about "I should be doing more about my heart condition" for NOT choosing to run more with Emi, and then when you DO choose to run more with Emi, it also guilt-trips you with the same heart-condition stuff. I lol'd at that.
Darroth

Post by Darroth »

Before I played the game I figured I'd go for Hanako based on the info I had read about the game.

But, after being annoyed with Shizune and Misha and trying to get Hanako I experienced the first scene with Lilly. The contrast between Lilly and Shizune/Misha was so huge I actually became physically calm during Lilly's scene. I promptly fell in wuv with Lilly and forgot about Hanako.

Well, until the second game :D
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Darroth wrote: I actually became physically calm during Lilly's scene
Yes, yes, precisely! Same here
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Lilly applies calm to all around her ... Except Misha and Shizune, who are immune. She really does have a very calming and slow paced feel about her.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Member22...

Post by Member22... »

Shades of Grey wrote:Lilly applies calm to all around her ... Except Misha and Shizune, who are immune. She really does have a very calming and slow paced feel about her.
I second that... its probably the reason Hanako seems a little bit calmed down in Lilly's presence.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Shades of Grey wrote:Lilly applies calm to all around her ... Except Misha and Shizune, who are immune.
Maybe she puts traquillizers into the tea. Shizune and Misha are not affected because they don't drink tea with Lilly.
This theory makes absolutely no sense, but I still like it.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Panty Supervisor wrote:
Shades of Grey wrote:Lilly applies calm to all around her ... Except Misha and Shizune, who are immune.
Maybe she puts traquillizers into the tea. Shizune and Misha are not affected because they don't drink tea with Lilly.
No, no, I think you may be on to something. It's got to have some to do with the Feminist Conspiracy. I am sure of that!
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Panty Supervisor wrote:
Lol, I just read this and the picture of Lilly as a 60's Flower Child wearing a headband, granny glasses, a halter top made from a couple of bandannas sewn together, peasant skirt and barefoot, going around dropping LSD into peoples teacups popped into my head. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Bara wrote:
Panty Supervisor wrote:
Lol, I just read this and the picture of Lilly as a 60's Flower Child wearing a headband, granny glasses, a halter top made from a couple of bandannas sewn together, peasant skirt and barefoot, going around dropping LSD into peoples teacups popped into my head. :lol:
That's Rin with a wig you are imagining.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Minister of Gloom wrote:That's Rin with a wig you are imagining.
Nah, with Rin I get more the mental image of the hookah smoking Caterpillar from "Alice in Wonderland".

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?