Your First Playthrough

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Whos Ending Did You Get On Your First Playthrough of KS?

Emi
42%
Hanako
22%
Lilly
9%
Rin
7%
Shizune
8%
Kenji
12%

Total votes: 1579

Pumpkineat3r

Re: Your First Playthrough

Post by Pumpkineat3r »

Kenji, after a failed Hanako attempt; same thing happened on my third playthrough. Emi on the second.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

I insticively got Hanako the first time... then I tried the others, but I didn't get the feeling of happiness/completeness that I got with Hanako. The second playthrough yielded Shizune's ending, which was well written.
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Astha

Post by Astha »

I was aiming for Rin first try, and somehow actually got Rin without consulting a walkthrough or anything. I saved a new savestate at every decision point, but only reloaded to a previous one once.

(Second playthrough was Shizune, third was Hanako, fourth was Lily. I have yet to see the Emi and Kenji endings.)
Beld

Post by Beld »

I got Shizune first time around, then Rin. After that, I got a whole boatload of Kenji ends from trying out all the different dialogue paths until I ran into Emi's path.
Rattle me bones as they cross the floor, and the bones in your grave shall rattle no more.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

My first playthrough I got Hanako. I looked at the flowchart, but everything I picked I would have picked normally without it, except for the first option of asking, "Why?" to introduce yourself or saying "Yeah, of course." I would have asked why, but since I wasn't sure who I'd like more, I picked "Yeah, of course." so the option of Shizune would be easier.

Second playthrough I got Lilly, and I haven't done anything else because I don't like straying from my chosen path.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Scarlet Fox wrote:Second playthrough I got Lilly, and I haven't done anything else because I don't like straying from my chosen path.
You ought to do the other paths. All of the girls are quite interesting. If anything, you'll probably stick it out with your choosen girl, but going down the other paths gives you a more complete view of the game.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

I plan to, eventually. If there's a game with multiple paths, I'll do my chosen path first then go back and do other paths after a few weeks or even months. I'm weird like that.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Scarlet Fox wrote:I plan to, eventually. If there's a game with multiple paths, I'll do my chosen path first then go back and do other paths after a few weeks or even months. I'm weird like that.
Eh, I got through all the paths in a one-day marathon session. I started out with Hanako, and I thought that she would be the only one I liked, but after I went down Shizune's path on the second playthrough, I began to really like her. In fact, I went down Shizune's route again in the next two playthroughs (after I got the other three girls), and only recently has my love for Hanako come back.

I know you are obsessed with Hanako, but just give some of the other routes a chance.

Besides, Sizune's route had the best ending IMO. That's actually the major reason I like her route the most.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
DESU

Post by DESU »

Extremist_Line wrote:I know you are obsessed with Hanako, but just give some of the other routes a chance.
but then i'd be cheating on hanako, and could never do something like that to her.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Bara

Post by Bara »

DESU wrote:
Extremist_Line wrote:I know you are obsessed with Hanako, but just give some of the other routes a chance.
but then i'd be cheating on hanako, and could never do something like that to her.
Cheating on a VN "girlfriend" with another VN "girl". Ohhhh, the moral dilemma. Unless she has a "virtual marriage license" I'd say your free to roam.
(Unless we were talking about Emi, of course. She is special.) :oops:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Can't believe I haven't posted here yet.
Ok, so my first playthrough ended up being th eLilly ending but as some people had descibed before I thought there was a joint ending with Hanako in it. After the first time I came across Hanako I immediatly fell in love with the character. Her shy nature made me want to get closer to her; I bring my real life actions into games so that is what I would have done in reality. I can't remember how I ended up getting to Lilly's ending to be honest but that's what happened.
The art and character design I thought was amazing. The music played into each character to any expectations I could have made. The story line is going great thus far and i'll just be a little disappointed if the other characters get to shut out during the following acts as you go farther down the character paths. I would still enjoy seeing my daily Rin or Misha comment farther down the line.

Aside from that, I took some time off after a month break and then decided to go for the other paths. I went for my Hanako path next and got it; I love chess.(Thank you Devs for making that her game of choice) The last one I got was Rin and I have to admite she is immediatly behind Hanako as my favorite. The way she talks and acts just suits my personality so well, as i've kind of got an odd mind.

Anyways, that's my story. Thanks for the chance to experience this.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Bara wrote:(Unless we were talking about Emi, of course. She is special.) :oops:
Hypocrisy, party of one? Kidding.

But yes, you white knights ought to give the other routes a chance. If anything, your appreciation for your main girl will only increase. You don't have to play the other routes to fall to the temptation of the other heroines. Think of it more as a journey, to explore the other characters, you might see what makes them tick. And when you return you'll better understand ther other characters, perhaps your favorite as well.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Bara wrote:(Unless we were talking about Emi, of course. She is special.) :oops:
Hypocrisy, party of one? Kidding.

But yes, you white knights ought to give the other routes a chance. If anything, your appreciation for your main girl will only increase. You don't have to play the other routes to fall to the temptation of the other heroines. Think of it more as a journey, to explore the other characters, you might see what makes them tick. And when you return you'll better understand ther other characters, perhaps your favorite as well.
Maybe for the full release, try getting the target girl last, after running through everyone else's endings. That's what I'll do.

(Lillyfag)
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Extremist_Line wrote: I know you are obsessed with Hanako, but just give some of the other routes a chance.
You don't give me enough credit, I'm obsessed with several of them!
neumanproductions wrote:The story line is going great thus far and i'll just be a little disappointed if the other characters get to shut out during the following acts as you go farther down the character paths. I would still enjoy seeing my daily Rin or Misha comment farther down the line.

Aside from that, I took some time off after a month break and then decided to go for the other paths. I went for my Hanako path next and got it; I love chess.(Thank you Devs for making that her game of choice) The last one I got was Rin and I have to admite she is immediatly behind Hanako as my favorite. The way she talks and acts just suits my personality so well, as i've kind of got an odd mind.
Same (on a couple of things). I'd hate it if Rin or Misha (or Lilly) get cut off in my Hanako path, since they're my next favorites. Funny since I used to hate Misha at first, I thought she was annoying, but by the time I finished my first playthrough I really liked her!

I like chess too, probably my favorite board game (sorry Monopoly!), and Rin's my second favorite as well! She's so funny and chillaxed, plus the lack of arms of her just makes you want to... I don't know. She reminds me of a teddy bear somehow.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I wanted the Lilly ending, but I got trapped by Emi first >< (fuck my sense of rivalry and challenge...) then too much screwing around gave me a roof drop...
then..! got myself accidentally on the RIn path... twice.
and finally got to Lilly, then Hanako as last
Lillyfag- yup, that's me.