Your First Playthrough

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Whos Ending Did You Get On Your First Playthrough of KS?

Emi
42%
Hanako
22%
Lilly
9%
Rin
7%
Shizune
8%
Kenji
12%

Total votes: 1579

Deimos

Re: Your First Playthrough

Post by Deimos »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:Plus there's the whole, people don't like people who diss their friends.

And Lilly is blind, so she hears EEEEVVVERRRYYYYTHHIIINNNGGG.
The first point is a given but EternalLurker is right if he says that seeing Hanako as attractive is not necessarily something positive for Lilly's path.

Twenty years into the future:
Lilly: "Darling, what was do you think was the first step of fate that brought us together?"
Hisao: "I thought Hanako was hot!"*

*No matter what comes afterwards, it can only be solved with expensive gifts, flowers and a very good apology. :wink:

The second point you made about her enhanced sense of hearing is probably right and I would also add to the discussion that it is safe to assume that her olfactory sense would be quite good. I have no other explanation for her statement about Hanako's room being dull. She does not seem to be the sort of person who would touch everything in a foreign room, she probably smelled the books and the accompanying dust for all the years they have been hallmates and thus concluded it was boring.

And that is all I am going to say before I cause further derailment.
Last edited by Deimos on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Deimos wrote:
Captain Niggawatts wrote:Plus there's the whole, people don't like people who diss their friends.

And Lilly is blind, so she hears EEEEVVVERRRYYYYTHHIIINNNGGG.
The first point is a given but EternalLurker is right if he says that seeing Hanako as attractive is not necessarily something positive for Lilly's path.

Lilly: "Darling, what was do you think was the first step of fate that brought us together?"

*No matter what comes afterwards, it can only be solved with expensive gifts, flowers and a very good apology. :wink:
No, see, you say "I thought Hanako was..." Then put on sunglasses, THEN say "Hot".

That way, instead of trouble, you get a threesome.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Bara

Post by Bara »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:
Deimos wrote:The first point is a given but EternalLurker is right if he says that seeing Hanako as attractive is not necessarily something positive for Lilly's path.

No, see, you say "I thought Hanako was..." Then put on sunglasses, THEN say "Hot".

Let the Lilly, Hanako and Hisao threesom speculation begin. At least both girls have a path; unlike the Misha, Shizune and Hisao scenario. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:No, see, you say "I thought Hanako was..." Then put on sunglasses, THEN say "Hot".

No, no, no... What you get are free tickets to see The Who play in Miami.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Bara wrote:So your saying, "Blind as a bat = Ears like a bat."? :wink:
While her hearing doesn't let her sense what is in front of her (though human echolocation for the blind actually seems like a neat concept), it is her main way of sensing what is going on in her environment. Without vision, Lilly needs to rely on her hearing in order to go through life. I've also heard that when people lose a sense, the others get stronger in order to compensate. This is typically said of people who go blind, and develop sensitive hearing. This may have happened to Lilly, but even if it didn't hearing is still her most important sense.
As far as I know, their ears themselves don't actually get more sensitive, it is just a matter of perception.

You don't really see with your eyes, you see with your brain. There is so much sensory information that it is impossible to consciously process even a tiny fraction of it. What you see is that one tiny bit that your attention is currently focused on. A sighted person who is sufficiently distracted will not see what is right in front of them. (If you don't believe this, just look up inattentional blindness)
When you lose a sense, there is less sensory information overall, but you can consciously process the same, tiny amount. The reason a blind person seems to have better hearing is not because their ears actually collect more information, but because their attention is more likely to be focused on auditory stimuli.
Yuuki

Post by Yuuki »

...*blushes*...hanako...
once, I said nothing...and so much has changed since that day.
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Bara wrote:
Deimos wrote:The first point is a given but EternalLurker is right if he says that seeing Hanako as attractive is not necessarily something positive for Lilly's path.

Let the Lilly, Hanako and Hisao threesom speculation begin. At least both girls have a path; unlike the Misha, Shizune and Hisao scenario. :lol:
The fact that Misha doesn't have a path just makes it more likely that there'll be a secret threesome ending for Misha, Shizune and Hisao. :twisted:
I can't really explain it, but it seems kinda logical, no? Otherwise Misha would get left out far to much. Unless there's a bad end for the Shizune path where you get to bang her... :)
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

blackrising wrote:
The fact that Misha doesn't have a path just makes it more likely that there'll be a secret threesome ending for Misha, Shizune and Hisao. :twisted:
I can't really explain it, but it seems kinda logical, no? Otherwise Misha would get left out far to much. Unless there's a bad end for the Shizune path where you get to bang her... :)
Bad End
Bang Misha
Not quite following you there, sirrah.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

blackrising wrote:
Bad End
Bang Misha
Not quite following you there, sirrah.
That's because I'm advaaanced. No really, most people can't... :P
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
UNIT0918

Post by UNIT0918 »

I make it a tradition in visual novels to always do my first play-through by going with whatever dialogue choice I would naturally give (or at least, the closest to what I would naturally give), without any thought on which ending or character I would end up with. So naturally, I went towards Hanako. Yay!
Seeing that more people are using Valkyria Chronicles avatars, I'll follow suit.
Aelit13

Post by Aelit13 »

Since I had heard so many good things about Rin I was aiming for her... but ended up getting Hanako...
Jakker

Post by Jakker »

Hanako she hit all of my MOE points
...I?

Post by ...I? »

HELL. YES.

!
Wokka

Post by Wokka »

UNIT0918 wrote:I make it a tradition in visual novels to always do my first play-through by going with whatever dialogue choice I would naturally give (or at least, the closest to what I would naturally give), without any thought on which ending or character I would end up with.
Me too...

Bad End first (nearly) every time. No different with KS.

I think I picked every Bad Answer choice offered on my first play through. This was my first VN so I didn't even realize there were other endings until I read a line on TV Tropes mentioning getting locked onto Emi's path by racing her.

reminds me of a Charlie Brown quote:
"Sometimes I lie awake at night and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'"

Wokka
You know, like Pac Man: wokka wokka wokka wokka

G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Wokka wrote:getting locked onto Emi's path by racing her.
Not entirely true. If you pick all Shizune choices AND all Emi choices, you can race Emi, and still go to lunch with Shizune and Misha later that day. Emi will have invited you to lunch with her and Rin in the Nurse's office, but you can choose which group you eat with. And from there your path is set.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.