Katawa Fortress 2

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Jesse

Re: Katawa Fortress 2

Post by Jesse »

SirMax wrote:Terribly sorry for the double post but this needed a bump:
A friend of mine skinned an Ambassador with Emi on!
Downloaded before I even saw this post!
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

Awesome skin! But what folder do I place this in? I can't seem to find it.

I'll see you on the ubercharged server as soon as this F@H workunit finishes. :)
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Duo2Cuo wrote:

I'll see you on the ubercharged server as soon as this F@H workunit finishes. :)
tf/materials/models/weapons
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

SirMax wrote:
Duo2Cuo wrote:

tf/materials/models/weapons
Thanks!
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

SirMax wrote:
delta wrote:Emi is not Scout's mom D:
true, but she is an awesome person to have on the barrel of a gun.
Now I'm imagining Emi riding the barrel like a WW2 warplane mascot
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

DuaneMoody wrote:
SirMax wrote:
delta wrote:Emi is not Scout's mom D:
true, but she is an awesome person to have on the barrel of a gun.
Now I'm imagining Emi riding the barrel like a WW2 warplane mascot
That makes me imagine her pulling a Dr. Strangelove on the A bomb.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Duo2Cuo wrote:

by the way, what name do you usually go by? I didn't see you there under Duo2Cuo.

also, while I'm not deluded enough to think that there's anyone who fits all of the criteria of can draw + likes TF2 + feels like doing me a favour enough to do a drawing of Emi in a better pose for the barrel, it'd still be really helpful if someone could suggest a better image to use that's more vertical, cause as you can see the current one takes up all of a sixth of the barrel.
AutisticPsycho

Post by AutisticPsycho »

I originally meant to comment when this thread first started but was too lazy too... but now I'll say it.

Pyro: Hanako
Reasoning: 1) Irony 2) Hides her scars because she's wearing a mask.
Me: Hey guys! Hey guys!
Devs: What?
Me: Ampu-tan and Erika cameo!
Devs: No. We have had a lot of threads like this, and we don't need more. *LOCK'D*
Me: Nyoro~n
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Doesn't anyone realize that the Nurse should be the Medic? xDDD
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

Jeff wrote:Doesn't anyone realize that the Nurse should be the Medic? xDDD
What a silly and unrealistic thing to say
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

SirMax wrote:
Duo2Cuo wrote:

by the way, what name do you usually go by? I didn't see you there under Duo2Cuo.

also, while I'm not deluded enough to think that there's anyone who fits all of the criteria of can draw + likes TF2 + feels like doing me a favour enough to do a drawing of Emi in a better pose for the barrel, it'd still be really helpful if someone could suggest a better image to use that's more vertical, cause as you can see the current one takes up all of a sixth of the barrel.
You mean more horizontal?
Surely you could just rotate the Emi image 90 degrees?

Also, my views: I agree with Hanako being the spy - mask covers her face, she doesn't want to be noticed, fire for the lulz.
Lilly would make a great pyro - to be a good pyro closing your eyes and just burning everything is a necessity.
Ever since someone mentioned an image of Rin as an Engineer using the shotgun in her feet with a spanner in her mouth that idea has stuck.
Kenji as a Demoman sounds pretty good, except Kenji's not black enough on the outside and too black on the inside.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Stevie Windup

Post by Stevie Windup »

Okay, so it seems that no one has made a list that covers every class, so I'll give it a shot. Granted, most of these have been said, but I like the idea of a comprehensive list. Bear in mind, also, that I have never played the game, and that my statements are based solely on the "Meet The..." videos and what I have gathered here. Anyway...

Scout is Emi. Period.

I feel I must agree with the sentiment that the Demoman would be Kenji, based on the drunken insanity and...actually, I guess that covers it.

Pyro seems to work for Lilly, mostly because that seems to be the only one that really works at close range and could function with just her fantastic hearing.

Engineer is Rin. I've been convinced of this by previous arguements for that case. Go read 'em if you haven't.

The Heavy would be Misha, for the previously mentioned reason of her signature laugh just being too perfect, but also because, of all the characters, she seems to be the most likely meat-shield. Well, except for Muto, but whatever.

Personally, I think that the best fit for the Soldier is Shizune, and am surprised no one else mentioned it earlier---I mean, come on! We all know how psychotic Shizune is, am I right? No? Oh, well. I still stand by it.

For Spy, I think I'm gonna have to go with Hanako. I know she tends to shy away from people, making her a better fit for the Sniper, but I think that the invisiblity and generally trying to avoid being noticed makes for a good case.

The Sniper would be Hisao, due to his inability to last long around much action at all; heart can't take the stress.

...which leaves us with just the Medic remaining. Nurse. 'Nuf said. Of course, if you're more concerned with making them all be the girls (except for Hisao and Kenji), then I suppose Yuuko might work. Not sure how, though.
DESU

Post by DESU »

someone really needs to make custom models and skins of the entire gang for team fortress 2.

edit: i may have found someone who is open to requests, so this may be able to be done.
Last edited by DESU on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

I like whate Steve says, but I want Hanako to be the Pyro! The Pyro's crazy and I can imagine Hanako going yandere with a flamethrower. Hanako would make a good Spy, too, but... I dunno. I can see Yuuko as the Spy, being a very klutzy one that trips while sneaking up on someone.

Soldier as Shizune actually seems pretty good! Lilly I think would be Sniper, maybe one of those nooby ones who can't hit anything.

Other than that, I agree with Steve's list.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

DESU wrote:edit: i may have found someone who is open to requests, so this may be able to be done.

Oh. Hell. Yes. If this happens, I will buy The Orange Box, which for some reason, I have not bought yet.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/