Wayyy to much time on my hands...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

abscess

Re: Wayyy to much time on my hands...

Post by abscess »

Bara wrote:
abscess wrote:oh, the neutral face carries some issues with it, even though one's just trying to pay attention or think about cheese or a fine lady's bosom, people may interpret it as grumpiness. Most of my close family knows, so they don't even ask, but some friends are still yet to get it.
I guess your family is smarter than mine.

Great, now I have conclusive proof I come from a long line of idiots. :roll:
:lol: I don't think so. It's just that I'm a lot like my dad in that aspect, so everyone just knows beforehand. It was pretty crappy when I was a little kid, everyone was expecting me to do something, like I was there to entertain...

So.... how did the metric system topic changed into neutral face discussion?
Siiiiigh....
CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

abscess wrote:
Bara wrote:
abscess wrote:oh, the neutral face carries some issues with it, even though one's just trying to pay attention or think about cheese or a fine lady's bosom, people may interpret it as grumpiness. Most of my close family knows, so they don't even ask, but some friends are still yet to get it.
I guess your family is smarter than mine.

Great, now I have conclusive proof I come from a long line of idiots. :roll:
:lol: I don't think so. It's just that I'm a lot like my dad in that aspect, so everyone just knows beforehand. It was pretty crappy when I was a little kid, everyone was expecting me to do something, like I was there to entertain...

So.... how did the metric system topic changed into neutral face discussion?
Seriously. I guess it went something like this...

Converted Statistics > Metric vs Imperial units > Lilly is tall in Japan > I'm Tall > I Slouch because I'm Tall > I Slouch/Don't Slouch When I'm neutral >What are you like when neutral?

I love seeing the evolution of discussions. XD
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

CindehQ wrote:Ah, I often like to sing tunes when I'm in neutral mode.Unfortunately, I never actually sing it, just mouth out the lyrics and bob my head up and down to the imaginary beat. So the effect is that I usually look like I'm either mentally unwell or trying to impersonate a fish.
Seems like some people have potentially embarrassing habits when they space out.

The worst that happens to me is that I fall asleep in class and wake up suddenly for absolutely no other reason than that I realized I was asleep, and look around like a startled rodent. Worst case scenario: I wake up because I realize I'm drooling (has only happened once so far, "fortunately").
Bara

Post by Bara »

Caesius wrote:Seems like some people have potentially embarrassing habits when they space out.

The worst that happens to me is that I fall asleep in class and wake up suddenly for absolutely no other reason than that I realized I was asleep, and look around like a startled rodent. Worst case scenario: I wake up because I realize I'm drooling (has only happened once so far, "fortunately").
I think falling asleep in class and then waking yourself up is something most peopole have done. Strangest I ever saw with my own eyes was a guy I used to work with who would be typing away on his keyboard and then slowly you could hear his keystrokes get slower and slower untill finaly he was fully asleep sitting at his desk, eyes half closed and his hands still over the keyboard. He was also very smooth when you would wake him up. He would slowly turn to look at you and if you called him on being asleep would claim that he was "just thinking about something". :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

CindehQ wrote:Converted Statistics > Metric vs Imperial units > Lilly is tall in Japan > I'm Tall > I Slouch because I'm Tall > I Slouch/Don't Slouch When I'm neutral >What are you like when neutral?

I find it quite interesting as well. It's similar to what happens when I read Wikipedia or TV Tropes.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

Validus Razgriz wrote:
CindehQ wrote:Converted Statistics > Metric vs Imperial units > Lilly is tall in Japan > I'm Tall > I Slouch because I'm Tall > I Slouch/Don't Slouch When I'm neutral >What are you like when neutral?

I find it quite interesting as well. It's similar to what happens when I read Wikipedia or TV Tropes.
Oh god, TV Tropes, I could spend hours on that site.
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
abscess

Post by abscess »

CindehQ wrote:
Validus Razgriz wrote:

Oh god, TV Tropes, I could spend hours on that site.
I've spent hours on that site :)
Siiiiigh....
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

abscess wrote:
CindehQ wrote:Oh god, TV Tropes, I could spend hours on that site.
I've spend multiple afternoons on that site :P
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne »

Validus Razgriz wrote:
abscess wrote:
CindehQ wrote:Oh god, TV Tropes, I could spend hours on that site.
I've spend multiple afternoons on that site :P
All my classes last semester were in computer labs - I pretty much spent the whole semester on Tv Tropes. Still not sure how I managed to pass >_>;;