Anyone else got the Kenji (bad ending?) in their first...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

U.T. Raptor

Re: Anyone else got the Kenji (bad ending?) in their first...

Post by U.T. Raptor »

I got the walking part down (though I'd previously screwed up by throwing Lilly under the bus. It sounded reasonable at the time, dammit!), but made the wrong choice talking to Nomiya (In my defense, I thought this part wasn't vital, since there was still a whole day before the festival happened...).
Kyah

Post by Kyah »

No, I got Emi my first time <_<
I got Kenji at the end XD I think it's very deep, it's one of my favourite ends! :shock:

Post by Guest »

I was feeling really depressed the first time I played it, and it felt just too ridiculous that all these pretty girls were paying me so much attention, so I pushed them all away and tried to hide and stay by myself, so of course I ended up with the manly picnic. Tried again a few more times but still haven't been able to land a girl yet... just like in real life :(
ksotaku100

Post by ksotaku100 »

No, I've gotten Emi, but the next 2-3 replays, I've gotten nothing but Kenji.
I plan on making an Anime-style FPS/TPS. Cel-shaded 3D Animation and using Source from Valve Corp.

Shizune always reminds me of 2K-tan and Izumi Sawatari.

Battle of Katawa, a mecha RPG-Strategy-Action Game. (Named after Battle of Sunrise.)
Bara

Post by Bara »

ksotaku100 wrote:No, I've gotten Emi, but the next 2-3 replays, I've gotten nothing but Kenji.
Which makes you a "Manly Man among Men". :lol:
Someone needs to link you the "Whiskey Song"....

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Insert-Name-Here

Post by Insert-Name-Here »

Well, as far as I've read you're not alone. :P

Got Kenji on my first go because I misread the whole fight between Shizune and Lilly, which made me pick the wrong choice. This made Lilly extremely pissed off and (since Hanako is so closely attached to Lilly) Hanako as well. Since I was already on a bad side with Shizune and Emi, I blew 4 chances. I did had the chance to go after Rin in the end, but I couldn't get used to her spaciness so I ditched her. *Hisao left a small crater*

Oh well, in the end I did finish off all girl's paths without any screw-ups. Guess I'll have to read more carefully from here on out. :P
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

weird, i thought i replied to a thread like this a while ago. Aw well.

Anyway, much like everyone else, I got the Emi end. Though i did get the Kenji one a few time while trying to get the other girls ends. I wounder if there is going to be another 'kenji end' when the game comes out.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Snicket wrote:weird, i thought i replied to a thread like this a while ago. Aw well.

Anyway, much like everyone else, I got the Emi end. Though i did get the Kenji one a few time while trying to get the other girls ends. I wounder if there is going to be another 'kenji end' when the game comes out.
Well we already have the "Kenji bad ending". I just hope the Devs don't decide to put in a "Kenji good ending".... Ewwww! Just Ewwwwww.... :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Bara wrote:"Kenji good ending"
err
Bara wrote:"Kenji best ending"
fixed
Tom Noble

Post by Tom Noble »

Hmm...

Got Shizune the first time without consulting a guide on the paths.

So far, when I try to focus on a different girl, my "failure" ends up with me getting the Shizune ending.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Kind of ironic seeing as the Shizune path requires the most correct choices in a row of any path.
Escalator

Post by Escalator »

Notguest wrote:Kind of ironic seeing as the Shizune path requires the most correct choices in a row of any path.
To be honest, her choices are pretty obvious if you've ever played a VN before.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Escalator wrote:
Notguest wrote:Kind of ironic seeing as the Shizune path requires the most correct choices in a row of any path.
To be honest, her choices are pretty obvious if you've ever played a VN before.
Yeah that's what I thought, most of them are downright "GO WITH SHIZUNE" and "AGREE WITH SHIZUNE" etc etc. Same goes for Hanako and Lilly, it's very "EAT LUNCH WITH THEM" sort of choices. It's like the opposite of Rin's path, where you basically have to realize you need to forcefully ignore every other girl in the game, AND avoid making any of the "negative" manly-picnic choices.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Hanako/Lilly is easy to mess up if you don't realize that they're practically a package deal. How was I to know that avoiding Hanako would also lock out Lilly?

And you don't have to forcefully ignore everyone to get on Rin's path. As long as you don't choose Shizune or Lilly/Hanako on both Lunch Evolution Theory and Cold War, you'll end up on Rin's path by default.
Guest poster

Post by Guest poster »

How was I to know that avoiding Hanako would also lock out Lilly?
I actually liked that aspect, since in real life it's common sense that people are more likely to bother with you if you get along well with their friends. Especially if the friendship is particularly close.