Post by Synoptic »

Thread gone offtopic lol
"...!"
abscess

Re: Is Shizune rich?

Post by abscess »

Synoptic wrote:Thread gone offtopic lol
Let's try to do something about it.

She always gave me the idea of having money. Not rich as in "I can wipe myself with $100 bills", but better than "well off". That would probably be part of her bossy-ness (does that word even exist?), because she comes from a family that has at least some level of financial power.
Siiiiigh....

Post by Guest »

Remember when she makes the undefined 'bet' in the teahouse? You say "why can't we bet money like normal people" and she says "You wouldn't be able to match my offer". She's loaded for her age, from either rich parents or just ones that don't mind sending her lots of money. I'm thinking at least upper-middle class, likely she can be called 'rich' without a doubt.

She's also the one that suggests eating out the most, if I can remember. You don't take someone to an expensive place for your own enjoyment and then foot them with the bill.

Unless you're playing mind games on them.
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

I wouldn't say 'rich', but im guessing her family has a pay grade of like over 200k a year minimum. So yeah, upper class for sure.
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Need a dev to pop in here... unless they already skimmed this thread and aren't answering because we'll get our answer in the game. Maybe this issue carries some weight in the plot?

My contribution is that I think compared to some other students, Shizune's disability seems to be less expensive. Many students, like Hisao for example, have to take a ton of medication, which really adds up. And there are other expenses, I'm sure, but can't think of at this time. Shizune seems to get along fine without any extra help, and Misha's 'services' appear to be free. Though I'm sure that for a school as accommodating as Yamaku, tuition must really be up there. So it would be fine to reason that Shizune does have a fair amount of money, though I have to admit, I've noticed that money in general seems to pop up more in Shizune's path than in the others.
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Guest wrote:she says "You wouldn't be able to match my offer".
I think that line heavily pumps up the idea of her being rich... and more to it, it's even in-game, not some rumor.
"...!"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

G3n0c1de wrote:Need a dev to pop in here... unless they already skimmed this thread and aren't answering because we'll get our answer in the game. Maybe this issue carries some weight in the plot?
We just don't comment on any speculation unless we feel it's necessary, or care about it otherwise.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

Aura wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:Need a dev to pop in here... unless they already skimmed this thread and aren't answering because we'll get our answer in the game. Maybe this issue carries some weight in the plot?
We just don't comment on any speculation unless we feel it's necessary, or care about it otherwise.
Yeah, no point of announcing every detail before the game is announced.
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
Envy

Post by Envy »

Caesius wrote:Everyone who goes to Yamaku probably has parents who are at least upper-middle class, when you think about it.
This.

Boarding school isn't free and do you think a school like Yamaku with onsite medical staff and various other facilities is going to be cheap?

Emi is also running around with state of the art prosthetics and Lilly talks about her time at a strict, probably private, school. The kids that attend clearly have a few bob in the bank.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Yamaku does have a foundation that occasionally grants scholarships to the school too, for the doubly unfortunate.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Envy

Post by Envy »

Aura wrote:Yamaku does have a foundation that occasionally grants scholarships to the school too, for the doubly unfortunate.
Sure, that's reasonable but Yamaku has to get money from somewhere, I.E. from those that can pay without going bankrupt.

You're not going to tell me the state pays for it all.
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

No. They get it from those who pay without going bankrupt. I'm sure the state might contribute some of the funds, but I'm not that clear on the Japanese system.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Envy wrote:
Aura wrote:Yamaku does have a foundation that occasionally grants scholarships to the school too, for the doubly unfortunate.
Sure, that's reasonable but Yamaku has to get money from somewhere, I.E. from those that can pay without going bankrupt.

You're not going to tell me the state pays for it all.
Yes yes, a majority of the students pay hefty tuition.
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

"The golden hands moving across the face of the delicate watch on Shizune's wrist [...]"
Does she own a golden watch with maybe some crystal glass? :D

A ROLEX? :shock:

PS: Is Shichan left handed?

Because at the festival Hisao said Shizune put her hand on his shoulder and her watch touched his cheek.
Then with the left hand, she pointed at the sky.
And the image shows her with one hand pointing at the sky (the left - from Hisao's saying) while the other one rests on Hisao's shoulder (the one with the watch which means she wears her watch on the right hand).
"...!"
toast

Post by toast »

She probably is loaded, but i wouldn't put it past her to embezzle student council funds. Considering she and misha are the only ones there, they probably use the money for whatever they want.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed