Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

someguy1294

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by someguy1294 »

Munchenhausen wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:Which is the worst disability one can have, really. She'd be much happier if she [...] had no control of her sphincter and walked around leaking farts out all day long.
It suddenly occurs to me that although it is never said that she does that, it's never said that she doesn't constantly fart.
...Next time I play KS, I am seriously going to play a fart noise on my computer every time Misha appears on screen.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

For someone with no control of his or her sphincter, farts would not nearly be as big of a problem as... well, the other thing that normally comes out the back end.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Kyler Thatch wrote:For someone with no control of his or her sphincter, farts would not nearly be as big of a problem as... well, the other thing that normally comes out the back end.
ZOMG! WHAT IF MISHA SECRETLY WEARS DIAPERS!?!?

Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
What do we actually know?

1) She gets dizzy going up stairs
No. She tells Hisao that she gets dizzy on stairs.
There's a huge difference.
(... and a lot more good stuff I sniped ...)
I've been thinking about your reply, Mirage_GSM, and you're got some very good points.

Misha only mentions the dizziness once, so it makes a lot of sense that she is simply being duplicitious here.

That fact that Misha *can* be effectively duplicitious also headshoots and Ausberger's and related ideas.

It also means that we really can't take statements from Misha at face value, including statements like "I came to Yamaku to become a sign language interpreter." :P

We find out in Shizune's route that the Misha we know and love throughout most of KS is actually an elaborate charade, hiding the real Misha.

This is fairly cool, btw. For most of the VN Misha is a loud, brainless buffoon, and then we find out that she has a deep and sophisticated character.

Anyway, back to Misha's disability, or more generally what brought her to Yamaku.

There's some interesting Chekovian evidence that she has no disabilities. It is pointedly mentioned that Yamaku accepts students with no disabilities. That doesn't make a lot of sense unless there is a meaningful character with no disabilities in the story, and pretty much the only candidate is Misha.

Then again, the only time the pool comes up in the story is when it gets mentions as part of the school facilities, so maybe Chekov isn't the most reliable guide either.

To say that she came to Yamaku to become a sign language interpreter leads to the next question: why did she want to become a sign language interpreter? Did she have a brother that was deaf? Did she have some other disability and learning sign language was the only way to afford Yamaku? Did she have some pressing reason to leave her then-current school and sign language at Yamaku was a decent possibility?

Misha may even be duplicitous enough that the part about getting dizzy on the stairs was the absolute truth. Consider: it's absolutely established that she's willing to hide real pain in order to make things easier on the people that she cares for. It's quite possible that she does get dizzy and out of breath on stairs, and going to class every day, and going to the Shanghai, but she sucks it up most of the time. Perhaps that time on the stairway was the time she told the truth because she hadn't established that strong of a friendship with Hisao yet.

WoG just shot down any idea of mental illness for Misha, so I got nothin'. Just an appreciation for Misha as an extremely complex character.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Liminaut wrote:Just an appreciation for Misha as an extremely complex character.
She's a bouncy loudmouth who's secretly a depressed rejected lover. It's not that complex. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It also means that we really can't take statements from Misha at face value, including statements like "I came to Yamaku to become a sign language interpreter."
That's a bit far-fetched. You need some sort of motivation to tell a lie like that.
With the stairs she want's Hisao to do something for her, so there is motivation.
In the other scene she has no reason not to tell the truth.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Yuyukoyay

Post by Yuyukoyay »

I don't think Misha has a disability and is just telling the truth about her knowledge of sign language. She just has low blood pressure which is really the only explanation for trouble with stairs. Ear problem would be possible if she could not hear so damn well normally, so she probably has never been deaf.

A lot of people also have a habit of talking really damn loudly, so that can easily be ignored. I sometimes talk loud without realizing it and hearing is my best sense lol.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:
Kyler Thatch wrote:For someone with no control of his or her sphincter, farts would not nearly be as big of a problem as... well, the other thing that normally comes out the back end.
Can you say fetish H scene?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:
I can see where this is going and it terrifies me
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:[Can you say fetish H scene?
http://img.td-imgs.com/images/12/48/412 ... -41248.jpg

O rly?
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:[Can you say fetish H scene?
http://img.td-imgs.com/images/12/48/412 ... -41248.jpg

O rly?
...Yes.

someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

SpunkySix wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:
Gimme the chocolate, Misha.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

"Oooh, take me to Cleaveland, Hisao!"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Misha's lack of understanding of human communication is clearly a result of her being born on an alien planet, and during her childhood she was sent to Japan to aid the feminists
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014