Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Radien

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by Radien »

I'm not going to read 60 pages of thread right now, but I searched for a specific keyword in this thread and it didn't come up... so, since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'll throw in my theory about Misha's disability:

Tourette's Syndrome? ;) It's not always about swearing, you know.

Also: Misha learned sign language while at Yamaku, and learning it wasn't her plan until AFTER she met Shizune at Yamaku, so her knowledge of sign has nothing to do with personal hearing loss, and her decision to go to Yamaku initially had nothing to do with becoming a sign language teacher.

There's always the possibility that she's not disabled at all, but if that's the case, her reasons for attending Yamaku are never really discussed as far as I know.
Paths completed so far (in order): Emi, Hanako, Shizune, Lilly (good endings)

Currently playing: Rin's path
tairabiteru

Post by tairabiteru »

octopodpie wrote:
Akira wrote:She reminds me a lot of this girl I know who has Asperger's Syndrome.
Usually talks quite loudly, but doesn't realise she's doing it. (That's Misha all over!). Sometimes stumbles a bit over long words. And has genuine trouble noticing when she's making others uncomfortable (like when Misha is leaning over Hisao after the confrontation between Shizune and Lilly and doesn't seem to understand why he's getting annoyed with her. Or when she always seems to be poking her nose into things). But she is very intelligent, and could probably learn sign language quite easily if she put her mind to it.

Not sure if that is what Misha has though. Just a suggestion.
I don't know, my husband has Aspberger's and was diagnosed at a young age, and he's nothing like Misha. He can be gregarious but usually he's very blunt, his prone to angry episodes (or was, more prominent as a child), has a huge vocabulary, but has very limited interests (in this case, Star Wars and the Military) and in general dislikes people and cannot relate to or understand them.
Aspergers is really hard to pin out. Partly because it's on the autism spectrum, which covers a whole range of mental illnesses.
While other physical illnesses like bronchitus or strep throat have well defined symptoms, aspergers isn't that way at all. With aspergers, some symptoms may show and others may not. As proof, I also was diagnosed with aspergers, and my interests encompass a very wide range of studies from science to history. This is a complete contrast to your husband. In other ways, I'm just like him: I was prone to anger fits, and I also find it somewhat hard to relate to people. :D
From what I understand, aspergers is a much more of a social disorder. It makes it much harder for people to converse and communicate. That DEFINITELY is NOT Misha.
If I had to say, I'd think ADHD. Either that, or she doesn't have one...
ziamatt

Post by ziamatt »

I don't think Misha has any physical disability that she needs to be at Yamaku to accomodate. She may have a mental or social disability, though based on what we know about her she might just be easily excitable.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Misha had her Route surgically removed.
Not Dead Yet
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I'll write this now since I don't have the time to look if it's been written before (60 pages!).

Misha doesn't have a disability. She attends Yamaku because she wants to be a sign language teacher and it's a good place to practice.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
yummines

Post by yummines »

OtakuNinja wrote:I'll write this now since I don't have the time to look if it's been written before (60 pages!).

Misha doesn't have a disability. She attends Yamaku because she wants to be a sign language teacher and it's a good place to practice.
no kidding. anyone who's played through Shizune's route would know this.

im not sure who necro'ed this, because this thread was made before KS was released, so there was only mass speculation about the characters
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

yummines wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:I'll write this now since I don't have the time to look if it's been written before (60 pages!).

no kidding. anyone who's played through Shizune's route would know this.
There is a strong theory that she has a vestibular disorder like Ménière's disease, as demonstrated by her vertigo and lack of vocal volume control. That theory also ties in with her interest in JSL. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meniere%27s_disease
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Oh come on, it's her sensitive teeth. Sensitive teeth are a terrible burden to carry through a life full of frozen treats.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Her disability is that she's rock stupid and has pink hair. Although something that i find a little odd is that no one questions Shizune's blue hair or Hanako's purple hair but they make it clear Misha's pink hair is dyed.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Pyramid Head wrote:Her disability is that she's rock stupid and has pink hair. Although something that i find a little odd is that no one questions Shizune's blue hair or Hanako's purple hair but they make it clear Misha's pink hair is dyed.
Blue and purple usually means black in anime and related artwork.
I guess black hair is too boring.
misterprinny

Post by misterprinny »

Enemy | wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:Her disability is that she's rock stupid and has pink hair. Although something that i find a little odd is that no one questions Shizune's blue hair or Hanako's purple hair but they make it clear Misha's pink hair is dyed.
I admit it would get kinda dull if everyone had black hair in anime (which would only make sense since most anime takes place in Japan, Asians, black hair, etc)

But yes, anime hair color gets real crazy
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Enemy | wrote:
I'm guessing the convention arose from there actually being subtle differences between different kinds of black hair. The one korean person I know has a slight blue sheen to her black hair (under fluorescent lighting, I haven't seen her in yellowy incandescent lighting), and many of my hispanic coworkers have brown-black hair.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Misha's disability is Shizune. Did I win?
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

ShadeHaven wrote:Misha's disability is Shizune. Did I win?
Yes, please come here and take your prize.

Ticket that allows you to have a threesome with any Katawa-Shoujo related characters.

Have a nice evening. xD
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
Tununias

Post by Tununias »

I don't think she has a disability.

One of my hobbies is coloring anime style linearts. My avatar is the first lineart I've colored.
http://tununias.deviantart.com/