DESU

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by DESU »

Folves wrote:Maybe she has Lupis?
Snapped wrote:She's got lupus.
itsNotLupus.png
itsNotLupus.png (77.33 KiB) Viewed 4457 times
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

hey, great idea! Let's have Greg H. examine the babe! he'll tell us better. or cure her ><
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Smoku wrote:hey, great idea! Let's have Greg H. examine the babe! he'll tell us better. or cure her ><
We'll go through 3 wrong diagnoses, all the while Misha's happy and loud demenor is exposed as a facade because she's guilty about some dirty secret that House uncovers. Misha's dorm is searched for 'whatever'; a small mold and a half full prescription drug bottle are found, as well as lewd pics of her and Kenji. She is treated for a fungal infection, tested for drugs, and STD's. The tests come back negative, and her condition gets worse. As a last ditch effort, they treat her for some obscure autoimmune disease, but by then her condition is so bad that her drills become septic, and must be amputated. She is going to die in a few hours, but as House is on the shitter he gets a brilliant revelation and storms in just as Misha proclaims her love for Shizune. He explains that it is just an allergic reaction, and Misha is treated and released.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
yukitowa

Post by yukitowa »

I feel the need to say something... I go to a special ed school but it's nothing like this... It's for kids with more mental-based problems like OCD, ADD, ADHD, AS, etc.... it's not SEVERE stuff though. Anyway my point is that I know a LOT of people with AS and they are QUITE social... it's really when they are around people they don't know at all that they are quiet. Just thought I'd give my two cents since I have first hand experience with those disorders. Misha... could have AS. COULD. but I'm not saying it's 100% obviously. LOL

I agree with the idea of the bionic ear... it makes a lot of sense and fits with the physical disability theme well... That's my bet, anyway.

Anime Hair Disorder is uhh funny. XD

Umm if it's not the bionic ear, I think she has UHPwSPHDoD (Uber Hyper Person with Strange Pink Hair Disorder of Doom)
it's self-explanatory. =P
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

well, being at this disability school means she has SOMETHING wrong with her. and that something is serious enough to put her in this special place... I still bet on some incurable organ disability like Hisao.

haha, good work on the description, Genocide. Don't forget that in that episode ofc someone will be fired or comes back do work. And naturally someone must do someone.
GermanZombie

Post by GermanZombie »

Sorry if this has been said before here, but today while in genetics class we were talking about sex linked genes and a certain disorder was brought up. I was doing other homework in the class and only caught a bit of what he said on it's actual genetic causes, but the symptoms sound just like Misha's which is the only reason I started paying attention.

Angelman's Syndrome

It is normally characterized by being extremely happy all the time, uncontrollable laughter, and my teacher said volume control issues, Wiki didn't say this, but I figured I would mention it. Other notes is that they normally are better with non-verbal communication which would explain why she is good with signing.

I need to keep doing my Pchem so I don't have time to research it anymore, but I figured I would throw it to you guys.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Vote for partial deafness. Explains "volume problems" and knowledge of sign language.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Anon wrote:Vote for partial deafness. Explains "volume problems" and knowledge of sign language.
nah. She never seems to say something like "what did yous ay? could you repeat?". she always translates everything precisely what everyone say without fail. I'm voting for the Angelman's.
OriginalContent

Post by OriginalContent »

GermanZombie wrote:Sorry if this has been said before here, but today while in genetics class we were talking about sex linked genes and a certain disorder was brought up. I was doing other homework in the class and only caught a bit of what he said on it's actual genetic causes, but the symptoms sound just like Misha's which is the only reason I started paying attention.

Angelman's Syndrome

It is normally characterized by being extremely happy all the time, uncontrollable laughter, and my teacher said volume control issues, Wiki didn't say this, but I figured I would mention it. Other notes is that they normally are better with non-verbal communication which would explain why she is good with signing.

I need to keep doing my Pchem so I don't have time to research it anymore, but I figured I would throw it to you guys.
Angelman, I think, is pretty much out of the question. The Wiki page itself says "most afflicted people will not develop more than 5-10 words, if any at all." This, combined with mention of 'severe developmental delay' suggests that it is far more serious than Misha's otherwise normal demeanour would suggest. Ironically, the jerky arm movements that characterise the disorder completely oppose Misha's fluency in sign language.

I'm very interested to see what explanation the devs give, but I'm cautiously rooting for some form of slight disability in the auditory system that was later rectified by an aural implant. This would help to explain her previous knowledge of sign language as well as her dizziness on flights of stairs, if the defect extended to the vestibular system.

(Please note that if I sound at all learned in the subject it is only because I'm using scientific terms lifted from various Wikipedia articles)
(i.e. I am probably talking completely out of my own ass here)
ThreeStep wrote:"No! I must stop the feminists!" he shouted.
"No, Kenji. You are the feminists," said Hisao.
And then Kenji was a woman.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

*half-expects a dev to pop in and remind people that Yamaku doesn't do purely mental disorders*
OriginalContent

Post by OriginalContent »

EternalLurker wrote:*half-expects a dev to pop in and remind people that Yamaku doesn't do purely mental disorders*
*cough*
☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:To explain how Yamaku works, every student is admitted on a case-by-case basis and the guidelines are somewhat vague. There are completely healthy students, physically disabled students and mildly mentally disabled students in the school. Many students do have psychological problems of one kind or another (it's not easy to be a teenaged cripple, or find out you are one), but the board generally does not admit anyone who is really mental. This is because the students need to be able to attend class, and interact with teachers (who are not medical professionals) and other students (deafness/muteness doesn't count here). Anyway, the school is primarily geared for kids with physical disabilities that still permit a semblance of normal life (there are no quadriplegic students, for example), and that's what a clear majority of the students are.
ThreeStep wrote:"No! I must stop the feminists!" he shouted.
"No, Kenji. You are the feminists," said Hisao.
And then Kenji was a woman.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Here is a "diagnosis" no one has ever suggested; she is a relative of someone in the school administration. She is a 100% healthy kid; just kind of stupid and couldn't get into a good school without connections. :mrgreen:

I think Misha suffers from too many quack diagnosis; just my opinion though. It certainly is one of the eternal topics. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Bara wrote:Here is a "diagnosis" no one has ever suggested; she is a relative of someone in the school administration. She is a 100% healthy kid; just kind of stupid and couldn't get into a good school without connections. :mrgreen:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t= ... d=a#p10495

And she breathes through her ears.
Bara

Post by Bara »

kosherbacon wrote:
Bara wrote:Here is a "diagnosis" no one has ever suggested; she is a relative of someone in the school administration. She is a 100% healthy kid; just kind of stupid and couldn't get into a good school without connections. :mrgreen:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t= ... d=a#p10495

And she breathes through her ears.
Ah, I forgot about that from the Blooper Reel. It must have come bubbling up subconsciously from that. :D

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

so... It's also highly possible for her to be completely normal, just a bit weird, but with no medical background, hence making this topic a place where devs "who have the knowledge" laugh by reading all the guesses.