A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Warwick

Re: The future

Post by Warwick »

静音是买外夫
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

G3n0c1de wrote:A lot of people probably hate Misha for her association with Shizune. As the only confrontational heroine, Shizune was bound to make some enemies among the fans of the other girls. As Shizune's best friend, Misha probably can't escape the anger. These people would write Misha off as annoying, just to find something to not like about her.
Just like Shizune does to Hanako? They copy the traits of the character they despise the most? Oh, internets.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

ContinualNaba wrote:Just like Shizune does to Hanako? They copy the traits of the character they despise the most? Oh, internets.
And yet one could wonder if Shizune was right all along and in the "reality" Hanako and Lilly are two despicable persons that manage to look all moe and cute and perfect through lie and deception for all the Act 1, just to be unmask in the Act 2 ... ah the irony.

Yes ... all wait and no Act 2 makes one a dull paranoid.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

*wonders when this thread derailed from asking about the future of 4LS towards... everything else KS related*

Then again, there's only so much to say of future plans... But I seem to recall you people saying you don't want to go pro - what's the reason behind this gem of a statement?
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

*.*

You bring us good things.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Leotrak wrote:*wonders when this thread derailed from asking about the future of 4LS towards... everything else KS related*

Then again, there's only so much to say of future plans... But I seem to recall you people saying you don't want to go pro - what's the reason behind this gem of a statement?
I have a pretty good job with a good future already.

Writing is a hobby for me; I want to keep something like that.

Plus, KS is a pretty taxing project that saps your inspiration.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Here's to good jobs with good futures. For all of us.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

If we're talking about making VNs only, going pro would be insanely unrealistic in general, in addition to the fact that this is just something we do as a hobby. The market for them is tiny and ridden with rampant piracy. If we're talking about writing/arting/musicing/etc as a profession, well that's up to everyone personally of course, and a couple of the devs do have a job or are studying something that has a connection with what they do for KS
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Alright, then how about a different question... Do any of you plan ever revealing any personal info, like your name? (some of) Us fans/stalkers (mostly the stalkers... probably) may like to try and keep track of whatever you people's futures may hold, including but not limited to publishing a best-seller novel, or becoming the new Mozart or something >_> (most Epic examples I could think of at the moment)

Of course, this being the internet, I fully understand why you -wouldn't- do something like this. I actually wouldn't be surprised if everyone on the Dev team only knew each other by their IRC names :P
"oh moe is me" -me
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Leotrak wrote:Alright, then how about a different question... Do any of you plan ever revealing any personal info, like your name? (some of) Us fans/stalkers (mostly the stalkers... probably) may like to try and keep track of whatever you people's futures may hold, including but not limited to publishing a best-seller novel, or becoming the new Mozart or something >_> (most Epic examples I could think of at the moment)

Of course, this being the internet, I fully understand why you -wouldn't- do something like this. I actually wouldn't be surprised if everyone on the Dev team only knew each other by their IRC names :P
It may sound like a good idea to some... but revealing your personal info here just strips away your anonymity (in a certain way) and that is not a good thing regardless of intent. If the devs would want to have us keep tabs on them, they could make blogs of their own... but really, asking for personal information is definitely crossing the border for us fans.
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Hahahaha you kidding nigga. Creepiest post of the month.

We know about each other more than you know about us, but less than we know about most of our real life friends (I think). We are friends on the internet. Who we are outside of our KS dev work is none of your business.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Aura wrote:We are friends on the internet. Who we are outside of our KS dev work is none of your business.
I think that also applies to the majority of us members/fans as well :).
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Member22 wrote:
Aura wrote:We are friends on the internet. Who we are outside of our KS dev work is none of your business.
I think that also applies to the majority of us members/fans as well :).
And that, my friends, is good.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Well, everyone is free to conduct themselves as they will on the internet. If some KS fans were to exchange a/s/ls and addresses, hook up, have steamy cripple cosplay sex, find out that they are in fact wonderful people, fall in love, get married, have children and play KS with them every day, that's perfectly fine. I mean, whatever man. It's the internet, do what you want. But, this is our choice, and if I came off as rude or direct in the previous post it's because I wanted to make it absolutely clear. We even prefer to have the game we're making be separated from the internet personalities of the people who are making it (as much as it's possible). That is kinda extreme sometimes, and we've debated heavily about the role of the dev team in relation to the popularity of the project. There are many viewpoints but we mostly agree that we want KS to be about KS, not about 4LS.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Aura wrote:Creepiest post of the month.
I take it that's not a compliment? >_>

Anyway, point made clear :P Won't indulge my curiosity in such a manner again -_-"

*proceeds to attempt to beat said curiosity with a stick*
"oh moe is me" -me