Classroom Scene

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Juno

Re: Classroom Scene

Post by Juno »

ZystraL wrote:Here's a wild tangent of a guess - If you look at No.7, she's got a bible on her desk. (I think that's a holy cross anyway)
It looks like a "1" rather than a christian cross.
Besides, if it actually was a christian cross it would be put upside down, making her a satanist. :mrgreen: The plot thickens...
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Juno wrote:
ZystraL wrote:Here's a wild tangent of a guess - If you look at No.7, she's got a bible on her desk. (I think that's a holy cross anyway)
It looks like a "1" rather than a christian cross.
Besides, if it actually was a christian cross it would be put upside down, making her a satanist. :mrgreen: The plot thickens...
In Japan books are read upside-down, remember?

I still think it doesn't look anything like a cross.

If you really want to know, though, I guess you could shoot someone a PM and they'll make something up.
Juno

Post by Juno »

And the majority religion in Japan is Shinto followed by Buddhism, which makes it soooo unlikely to be a Bible at all anyway.
I don't really know, but I doubt anyone in Japan is a christian (no matter the branch) if none of their parents are foreign.
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

Actually "cross lover" religion was brought to Japan by a bunch of westerners (not sure if european or american) and so there ARE christians there and I mean true japanese christians, but since Shintoism and Buddhism are the main religions that means there aren't that many christians there.
Gash

Post by Gash »

Mikage-sama wrote:Actually "cross lover" religion was brought to Japan by a bunch of westerners (not sure if european or american) and so there ARE christians there and I mean true japanese christians, but since Shintoism and Buddhism are the main religions that means there aren't that many christians there.
It was probably Europeans. My guess would be the portugese as they seemed to be the ones to first get involved with Japan (albeit mostly selling them guns)
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

The Portuguese did indeed introduce Christianity to Japan during the 1500s. That said, the Edo period and the closing of Japan in general saw Christianity banned and harsh persecution of Christian Japanese (due to Tokugawa Ieyasu's judgement that the religion's focus on God as the highest authority harmed his attempts to consolidate power, and theatened the stability of Japanese society), which hampered the religion's growth in the country even long after Commodore Perry's arrival in Japan in 1850 and its subsequent reopening to foreign influence.

There are around 3 million current self-identifying Christians in Japan, coming to around 1-2% of the overall population.

An excellent documentary series covering this (and the Shogunate period in general) is Empires: Japan - Memoirs of a Secret Empire.

Post by Guest »

Incidentally, does anyone still know who girl #7 is?
Levy Wilson

Who was this character based off of?

Post by Levy Wilson »

Can someone explain this to me? Seriously, was that kid in the classroom panoramic based off Lelouche from Code Geass? I swear to God, if it ain't I'm gonna flip out.
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-05-16 at 6.23.03 AM.png
Screen shot 2010-05-16 at 6.23.03 AM.png (100.3 KiB) Viewed 4902 times
G3n0c1de

Re: Who was this character based off of?

Post by G3n0c1de »

Levy Wilson wrote:Can someone explain this to me? Seriously, was that kid in the classroom panoramic based off Lelouche from Code Geass? I swear to God, if it ain't I'm gonna flip out.
Yes. Now this thread is complete.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Smoku

Re: Who was this character based off of?

Post by Smoku »

Cool. what about others on the CG? I see Ritsu and Lelouch. but the rest?
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Refer to first page?
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

whoops. case clear.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

#7 is Kotohana, of School Days acclaim.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

no.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1231#p7505
13- OC (inspired by Aura's avatar)
Even if she is an original character, #13 still looks a lot like Kitahara Aya from Onani Master Kurosawa.
http://myanimelist.net/character/19481/Aya_Kitahara
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin