The Fixers - "School Daze" 28-9-15

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Skeeve

Re: The Fixers - "Focal Point" 15-9-15

Post by Skeeve »

Sharp-O wrote:
swampie2 wrote:I do like ShinxLilly, but it does pose a problem for Kenji's harem. :roll:
Clearly this is a Shininist conspiracy.

Fuck, that was awful. Just awful.
I... that... what... you...

Normally this is the point where I'd tell you to get out, but it's your thread. :mrgreen:

I don't think Kenji could deal with a harem, tbh. He could get bullied into one, maybe, but all the girls would have to be in on it, and I just don't see that happening here.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

That one chapter where they fall through a wormhole and end up on an island for 6 months while Yuuko desperately scours the multiverse for them. :lol:

Shiina: "Look, this is gonna happen, Kenji. Just suck it up."
Kenji: "B-but what about Shin?!"
Shin: "I'm a ghost, Mr Setou."
Lilly: "Plus I already called dibs."
Molly: "You can't call dibs..."
Hana: "The Fixers handbook dictates that all conventional rules of dibs apply."
Kenji: "What handbook?!"
Hana: "The one I'm writing in my head. It'll be called "'The Fixers: An erotic manual to multiversal exploration'."
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

I'd read it.

Hell, ply me with enough long island iced tea and I might write it.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Sharp-O wrote:
AntonSlavik020 wrote:I also really like innuendo Hanako. Innuendako.
That's some quality punnage there, Anton. :D
Thanks, I try. I just really like combining names. I think I got it from back when I read Mass Effect ff, and EVERY pairing name is based on their names(compared to, say, RWBY where most of the pairing names are based their element or color instead).
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Sharp-O wrote:“No~ I also masturbated a lot.”
*facepal*
You know, this doesn't surprise me all that much. :roll:
Sharp-O wrote:"'The Fixers: An erotic manual to multiversal exploration'."
This, however, surprised me quite a lot. Very pleasantly. I now have a very stupid grin on my face.

Thanks, Sharp! :D
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Alpacalypse wrote: *facepal*
You know, this doesn't surprise me all that much. :roll:
And the weirdest thing? Even I don't know if she was serious or not. :shock:
Alpacalypse wrote:
Sharp-O wrote:"'The Fixers: An erotic manual to multiversal exploration'."
This, however, surprised me quite a lot. Very pleasantly. I now have a very stupid grin on my face.
Leave it to Hanako to Captain Kirk her way around the multiverse. I wouldn't be surprised if she kisses a dude and then knocks him spark out.
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

I like to think she wouldn't punch quite as limply as that; that was not the best example of Kirk-Fu ever. But yeah, I do kinda get that 'omnivorous' vibe from Hanako (pun intended). I could totally see her as a Lothario-style adventurer, only with some actual morals.
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Nah, you gotta go all the way. Space pirate ship. That's where the real money's at these days.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Skeeve wrote:Nah, you gotta go all the way. Space pirate ship. That's where the real money's at these days.
TREASURE PLANET SENSES ACTIVATED
I just imagined Werenako and the gang arriving on the RLS Legacy and having a duel with Captain Amelia, while Shin and Doppler begin having an intellectual discussion on the principles of inter-dimensional travel. I think I'm going to need to start picking up the bits of brain that just exploded all over the walls.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Skeeve wrote:Nah, you gotta go all the way. Space pirate ship. That's where the real money's at these days.
My werewolf is the werewolf that will pierce the heavens!
One Shots - My stories thread.
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

No matter what's in her way she just won't stop.

*eyebrow waggle*
Sharp-O

The Fixers - "A Stranger Comes To Call" 19-9-15

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter 15: A Stranger Comes To Call

-----Hanako-----

“Okay Fixers, she’ll be making her move in a few minutes. Are you ready?” Yuuko asks as we look at the series of holographic screens that hang in the air before us. The gigantic projection screen that usually shows nice mountain vistas or a radiant night skylines stands darkened behind them and we watch the team prepare themselves at various points in Sendai.

Earth Nu-30, home of the prolific former-artist Rin Tezuka. Her latest work, Mirage, went on display three days ago at the Miyagi Museum of Art. Two days ago, the authorities received a warning from the infamous thief, the Sendai Shadow, that she’d steal the painting the following day. Three hours ago, we arrived in this universe to thwart that plan. This is going to be awesome.

“Roger. Mr Setou and I are in position.” Shin answers, my eyes wandering to the security camera feed of them in an alley.

“All set here, Yuuko.” Molly responds, my eyes darting to the shot of her on a rooftop along the same route.

“We’ve got eyes on the museum, though it’s still pretty quiet.” Shiina whispers and I look at the footage covering the museum; Shiina and Lilly sitting on a nearby bench, looking as inconspicuous as they can amongst a number of more conspicuous undercover police.

Unlike the mission to the magic medieval world, where we were relying on the bracelets to provide a live feed, Yuuko has accessed the city’s own security camera network to assist us. Probably a techie answer for how. Heck, it may as well be magic for all I know about computers.

“I can’t believe the Sendai Shadow is arrogant enough to warn the police and even give out her escape route.” I mutter, keeping a watchful eye on the monitors while Yuuko switches from book to screen and back again several times.

“Right? She’s begging to get caught. Then again, given how obvious these cops are…” Lilly offers.

“She’s quite accomplished at her craft so we’d better not underestimate her.” Shin replies to Lilly.

“Someone’s on the museum camer--Never mind, the feed just went down. It’s Show-Time, Fixers!” I grin and the Sendai Shadow does not disappoint as the front entrance silently explodes on the monitors, throwing glass and metal flying through the air.

-----Lilly-----

The explosion on the far side of the building batters my senses and I wince, covering my ears. Despite the slight ringing I can hear, she’s perfectly fine.

“Urgh, her warning didn’t say she’d blow out the front entrance…” I grimace and stand from the bench, Shiina following.

“She’s a thief, Lills. We’re not supposed to take her at her word. You okay?”

“Yeah. Wait… She’s making her move. Fifty meters to the left.” I tilt my head in that direction and point for Shiina’s benefit. “Motorcycle engine in the loading dock. KTM RC8, if I’m not mistaken.”

“How can you tell?” Shiina asks and I smile at the thought of Akira doing donuts in our parent’s driveway. Dad was pretty mad for the damage the gravel did to his car. Forbade her from ever riding it again, not that she gave a damn about his approval. I miss her.

“Story-time later, you think you can make the shot before she reaches the alley?” I ask and Shiina cracks her knuckles. I hear her heart rate accelerate so I assume her eyes must be glowing in anticipation.

“You bet your ass I can.” Shiina declares as the KTM’s engines roars as it exit’s the loading dock and deftly weaves through the cordons, much to the astonishment of the local police. She races towards the alley where Kenji and Shin lie in wait.

“Bang.” Shiina whispers and the hot streak of energy hurtles past me and melodically pings off the fuselage of the motorcycle, causing it to wobble uncontrollably and screech as it enters the alley.

“We’re gone. It’s up to you now, guys.” Shiina says over the comms and we disappear into the gathering crowd and slip away from any attention we may have garnered. Good luck, Shin.

-----Shin-----

“Thank you kindly, ladies.” I respond to Shiina’s last message before turning to Kenji. The sounds of scrapping metal against mortar heralds the Shadow’s arrival and Kenji projects a barrier in front of her intended route. She comes to a screeching halt and abandons her motorcycle.

With the painting strapped to her back, she edges through the alleyway towards us and we slink into nearby doorways to allow her to pass, knowing that there’s only one route for her to go thanks to Kenji’s additional barriers. She looks at her two negated options for escape and settles on the fire escape we purposely left open for her, dashing through the door and up the interior stairwell, no doubt towards the roof.

“That ought to do it.” Kenji sniffs, pulling his scarf up over his face as his eyes dim.

“Excellent work, Mr Setou.” I pat his shoulder before holding it. “Shall we?”

He gives me a look of trepidation from behind his glasses before nodding. I take a firm hold of his shoulder and phase us both through the wall of the building the Shadow is now scaling. We enter a hall and Kenji shivers away from my grasp once we’re clear of the wall.

“I’m not going to get used to that any time soon… Bwah!” A shiver visibly runs up his spine as I call for the elevator.

“She’s on her way, Miss Kapur. Do you think you can keep her entertained until we arrive?” I ask, raising a finger to my ear piece.

-----Molly-----

“Oh… I think I’ll manage.” I smirk as I lean against the eight feet tall wire fence that surrounds the top of the building. Even if she could get past me, which she won’t, she’d definitely be slowed by the fence and her ill-gotten gains.

The door flies open with a crash and the Shadow runs into the gravel rooftop only to find me waiting.

“Hello!” I smile cordially and wave. She looks around at the fence and I think I see her shoulders droop ever so slightly. The Shadow turns only to find Kenji and Shin waiting at the door, soon followed by Lilly and Shiina, who closed the door behind them. We have her trapped.

“Well, well, well. This is certainly a turn-up for the books.” The Shadow says through her thick mask as she looks at the others and then to me, slipping the painting off her back.

“Sorry to put a damper on your evening, Miss Shadow but we must relieve you of that painting. It does not belong to you.” Shin offers with a smile. The Shadow chuckles and removes her mask.

“Possession is only nine-tenths of the law, young man. Besides… I don’t think you kids have what it takes to stop me.”

“We did lead you into an elaborate trap…” Shiina mutters to Lilly who nods with an almost sadistic smile.

“And you’re both outnumbered and outgunned in every respect.” Lilly says, earning a giggle from Shiina.

“Sure… But I can still make a--”

BONG

As she makes a dash for the largest of several gaps in our defence, she hits one of Kenji’s quickly projected fields with full force, knocking herself out.

“That sounded like it hurt…” I smirk and step over the infamous Sendai Shadow, kneeling on her chest as I remove her mask. I raise up my bracelet to give Yuuko a good look at the culprit. She’s middle-aged with reddish-brown hair and surprisingly gaunt for someone athletic enough to pull off her kinds of escapades.

“Identity confirmed, team.” Yuuko’s voice chirps in my ear. “Meet Sae Saionji, gallery curator turned high end art thief. Going by her record, she was suspected of stealing a number of pieces before but there was never any evidence.”

“Art doesn’t pay, crime doesn’t pay… Is there any job that’s actually rewarding nowadays?” Shiina asks.

“I don’t know. I’m getting a certain amount of job satisfaction…” I muse as I get off of her. “Kenji, can you box her in?”

He nods and a dome envelopes the unconscious cat burglar. Shiina picks up the paintings carry-case and unzips it. “ Let’s see what’s so special about thi… Woah.”

“What’s the matter?” I ask and she stares in disbelief at the painting.

-----Shiina-----

Oh my god… It’s her! It’s really her!

“Kenji! It’s Lilly! Our Lilly, look!”

-----Kenji-----

“I don’t see a Lilly, Shiina… I see a girl in a track suit. Kinda Emi-ish but she doesn’t have green eyes and definitely not wings.” I offer, confused as to why she thinks this girl is our Lilly.

Shiina looks at it again and then shows it to Molly who shrugs.

“Looks like a swirling vortex of colour to me.” Shiina again looks at the picture with a frown and then turns to Lilly.

“Want to try that again, Shiina?” Lilly asks, folding her arms with a soft smile. Shiina’s face turns beet red and she lowers both her face and the painting.

Sorry, Lills… Shin! What do you see?”

-----Shin-----

I see…

“I’m not really sure…” I offer honestly, tilting my head to look at the vertical image held sideways by Shiina. “A mysterious girl in a door way, rain behind her. White hair, red eyes and carrying a large weapon of some manner…”

“What about you guys?” Shiina asks desperately, holding her bracelet up for Yuuko and Hanako to see back at the Nexus.

“Sorry, Shiina… Nothing but blank canvas to me.”

“Same here. This is spooky! Is this because the artist killed herself?” Hanako asks and I bring up the communication window.

“What do you mean, Miss Ikezawa?” I ask curiously and she pulls Yuuko into frame.

“The painting is Rin Tezuka’s final piece. It’s rumoured that it drove her mad and she took her own life. Others say that it’s all a publicity stunt but given your strange reactions, I’d say we’re definitely dealing with a potent mystical artefact.”

“Are they going to go mad?” Hanako asks, several of my companions looking warily at the picture as Shiina slides it delicately back into its carry-case.

“I wouldn’t think so... Not with such a limited exposure but, just to be safe, just get it back here as soon as possible, okay?”

“So now we’re stealing it?” Shiina laughs incredulously before suddenly fainting. Before we can go to her aid, the carry case begins floating of its own accord.

“I don’t think so, Mon Chéri.”

“Who are you and what the hell did you do to Shiina!?” Lilly growls angrily, unleashing her cane rapidly.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa there! No need to get hostile, Belle Femme. Your buddy is just takin’ a little nap is all.” A heavily synthesised voice says as a mysterious hooded figure materialises before us, kneeling over Shiina’s slumped form.

“Allow me to introduce myself. I am L’Étranger…”

“And I’ll be taking the painting.”
AntonSlavik020

Re: The Fixers - "A Stranger Comes To Call" 19-9-15

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Another mystery character. Judging by the advanced tech, I imagine it's another dimension jumper, though this one may be doing it for more selfish reasons. Can't wait to find out more about him/her.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Decadent Albatros

Re: The Fixers - "A Stranger Comes To Call" 19-9-15

Post by Decadent Albatros »

Apart from the badass frenchie, I like what you did with the painting. I have some ideas around it, but in order not to make an ass of myself I'll wait for further developments. Oh and my recent lack of comments was caused by illness, so sorry about that! :(