WORDS WORDS WORDS

Alpacalypse

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 7/8/15]

Post by Alpacalypse »

Okay, new update, finally gonna get some resolution to that cliffhan-

*Breakup*
:shock:
YOU MOTHERFU- ahem. Sorry 'bout that.

Have to admit, I didn't see that coming. I was expecting a fairly quick solution to pop up and things to return to normal, but I guess that's out the window. Wonder how they'll solve this one... :?

Also:
Sharp-O wrote:It also throws me that one of the voice actors is Mako from Kill La Kill and her characters becomes more Mako as the series goes on.
Is that the voice actor for Minori, the actually-pretty-unstable genki girl? Because I thought she actually got a lot less like Mako as the series went on.

Anyways, good work yet again! :D
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:Ah, Sharp-O..you cold, magnificent bastard. I loved every bitter moment. You just might make a masochist out of me.
I'm the James Roberts of KS fanfiction. It's all jokes, continuity and emotional whiplash :lol:
Hoitash wrote:She's also Azu-nyan from K-On!, where she starred along with Guess Whooooo~.
Yeah, I know. When I realized that I spent a week cleaning brains off my walls from the mind blowing.
I love how incestuous the VA industry can be. Whenever I'm watching a new show, I love to see how it connects to others :D
Alpacalypse wrote:Is that the voice actor for Minori, the actually-pretty-unstable genki girl? Because I thought she actually got a lot less like Mako as the series went on.
She's Mako in a more serious world but Mako all the same. Do you not remember the bald-cap?
Alpacalypse wrote::shock: YOU MOTHERFU- ahem. Sorry 'bout that.
Have to admit, I didn't see that coming. I was expecting a fairly quick solution to pop up and things to return to normal, but I guess that's out the window. Wonder how they'll solve this one... :?

*hums Everything is Awesome while writing the next chapter*
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Not gonna lie, this is exactly the kind of thing I've stopped reading fanfics over. If I didn't like what you've already done so much I likely would. As it stands, I'm going to continue to give it a chance, but my patients for all this drama is wearing thin.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

💔
AntonSlavik020 wrote:Not gonna lie, this is exactly the kind of thing I've stopped reading fanfics over. If I didn't like what you've already done so much I likely would. As it stands, I'm going to continue to give it a chance, but my patients for all this drama is wearing thin.
I think that all stories need points of tension like this, otherwise it'd just be sunshine and rainbows for the whole thing, that'd drag on eventually.

Thusly, I respectfully disagree with your opinion here.
One Shots - My stories thread.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Exactly. This is a slice-of-life fanfic and not everyone gets a life full of sunshine and rainbows, I certainly didn't. So when I see some heartbreak and drama, it helps me feel like I'm in an actual situation.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Sharp-O wrote:She's Mako in a more serious world but Mako all the same. Do you not remember the bald-cap?
Nope, can't remember that :( . Need to rewatch the show, now...
Sharp-O wrote:*hums Everything is Awesome while writing the next chapter*
Why, you little-! :lol:
swampie2 wrote:
AntonSlavik020 wrote:Not gonna lie, this is exactly the kind of thing I've stopped reading fanfics over. If I didn't like what you've already done so much I likely would. As it stands, I'm going to continue to give it a chance, but my patients for all this drama is wearing thin.
I think that all stories need points of tension like this, otherwise it'd just be sunshine and rainbows for the whole thing, that'd drag on eventually.

Thusly, I respectfully disagree with your opinion here.
Gotta say, I'm with Swampie, here. A story with only one tone or theme will normally get pretty stale. Contrast keeps a story fresh, and can also be used to emphasise the moments of genuine happiness/sadness in a story that is about the opposite. That's why we have comic relief, after all.

A good example of what I'm talking about is the storyline of To the Moon really good story, btw. The set-up for it is largely comedy-based, with a lot of dry sarcasm, references and other such jokes tossed in there. That set-up then contrasts the tragedy in the actual storyline, thus emphasising it - suffice to say, it worked beautifully on me Read: I cried like a baby.

Of course, it doesn't work in all stories, but stories with appropriate context for drama/comedy should utilise it whenever appropriate. That's my opinion, anyway. *shrug*
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

To reach their own. I understand I'm most likely in the minority. Like I said before, my life has been comparatively drama free, so I can't relate. I'll still read this, mind you, I just hate break ups.

Also, it's specifically relationship drama I don't like. The Rin stuff earlier I really enjoyed.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

I have a feeling about how it is gonna end (or at least what it is all on course for, anyway). :roll:

Taro and Miki are gonna bone and be together.
Hesmiyu
Location: England, United Kingdom, British Isles, Europe, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Hesmiyu »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:I have a feeling about how it is gonna end (or at least what it is all on course for, anyway). :roll:
Similar to what I am thinking but with Ritsu going off the edge and actually attacking Miki causing Taro to step in (again) and ruining any chance Ritsu had.
The line below is false.
The line above is true.

Being disabled is just differently abled differently labelled.

My art: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10190
Swim story(Currently 11 chapters long) http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10221
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Hesmiyu wrote:
HoneyBakedHam wrote:I have a feeling about how it is gonna end (or at least what it is all on course for, anyway). :roll:
Similar to what I am thinking but with Ritsu going off the edge and actually attacking Miki causing Taro to step in (again) and ruining any chance Ritsu had.
Or even better... :twisted: Ritsu realizes it's too late and there's nothing she can do, so she jumps off the top of the school one night.
Hesmiyu
Location: England, United Kingdom, British Isles, Europe, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Hesmiyu »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:
Hesmiyu wrote:
Or even better... :twisted: Ritsu realizes it's too late and there's nothing she can do, so she jumps off the top of the school one night.
Thought that, thought it be too dark for his story. Although I may be wrong :)
The line below is false.
The line above is true.

Being disabled is just differently abled differently labelled.

My art: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10190
Swim story(Currently 11 chapters long) http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10221
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Seeing as our good and bad scene climbs are getting steeper so far, it'd be perfect. Just be glad I didn't suggest some sort of ending from School Days.

What's this stupid rule about being limited to no more than 3 quotes?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

It helps preventing people from making mammoth useless nested-quote posts only to add a one-liner, or even a single word. A short word. Of course I've seen it happen.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.