'What if Hanako..?' Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Comrade

Re: What if Hanako became a swimsuit model?

Post by Comrade »

These topics are getting worse and worse...
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
d2r

Post by d2r »

Comrade wrote:These topics are getting worse and worse...
Any community sees its share of...unique...topics. :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Like, asking questions that have nothing to do with the characters is pretty much off topic. Have Hanako ever expressed desire to become a swimsuit model? No. It's like asking what would happen if Kenji converted to Ashari Islam
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
d2r

Post by d2r »

Comrade wrote:Like, asking questions that have nothing to do with the characters is pretty much off topic. Have Hanako ever expressed desire to become a swimsuit model? No. It's like asking what would happen if Kenji converted to Ashari Islam
I agree with you, to be honest. Sometimes I wonder if A22 was right about all of us. :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Guest Poster wrote:I don't think she'd even get that far. We're talking about a country with a history of segregating its schools and workplaces and that has had a cultural fixation on cleanness and purity. (openly flaunting disfigurements would cause quite a bit of discomfort) If Hanako'd even get the confidence to apply, she'd be promptly refused. I wouldn't be surprised if Hanako was refused entry in half the public baths for the same reason.
I've actually got a headcanon that she'll have a growing discontent with Japan due to how the society treats her (between her scarring and her having had mental health treatment), and if there's nothing tying her to Japan (Hisao and Lilly being the two people that would tie her to Japan), she'd eventually emigrate.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Atario

Post by Atario »

bhtooefr wrote:she'd eventually emigrate.
I wonder where to, though.

Or she could just become a hikikomori. I hear it's a popular option.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote:

Or she could just become a hikikomori. I hear it's a popular option.
She sets off on a plane, but it crashes and she winds up on a tropical island.

kinda like Kensuke's Kingdom, but with Hanako
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Atario wrote:
In the post-Lilly bad end scenario, I suspect it'd depend on where Lilly goes, and it may happen after Hisao's death. The trick is that Lilly may actually struggle in Japan, despite getting the mannerisms down. However, I don't see Lilly staying in Scotland, either - while her education can proceed quite well in Scotland, her career prospects are far more dim, due to a huge base of qualified teachers that are not disabled.

Most likely, she'd either move to a nation where English is not the primary language but there's a high demand for English teachers (not necessarily Japan or even an Asian nation), or an English-speaking area where there's a large Japanese community that demands English teachers.

I have this idea that Lilly may well end up relocating to a Scandinavian nation, for some reason. Her canon preference for cold weather is a factor here, and her skill with English would be useful there. And, potentially being a UK citizen (she may have gotten UK citizenship by birth, and in that case will be forced to choose between UK and Japanese citizenship at 22), she would be able to move to any EU member state with no issues. The other possibility I've considered is moving to Vancouver, BC, but Canada's rather strict with immigration, and she'd likely be denied a work permit due to her disability.

So, basically, I'm thinking Sweden or something.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
poopooface

Post by poopooface »

Comrade wrote:Like, asking questions that have nothing to do with the characters is pretty much off topic. Have Hanako ever expressed desire to become a swimsuit model? No. It's like asking what would happen if Kenji converted to Ashari Islam
no, because hanako is self concious, but kenji has no mentions of religion in all of KS
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Atario

Post by Atario »

bhtooefr wrote:The trick is that Lilly may actually struggle in Japan, despite getting the mannerisms down.
Huh? Which mannerisms?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:The trick is that Lilly may actually struggle in Japan, despite getting the mannerisms down.
Huh? Which mannerisms?
The Japanese ones, most likely.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:
Atario wrote:
Huh? Which mannerisms?
The Japanese ones, most likely.
Ah, those would be manner, not mannerisms… :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Potato

Post by Potato »

poopooface wrote:
no, because hanako is self concious, but kenji has no mentions of religion in all of KS

Hanako is self-conscious...And? It's still a contextless question out of nowhere.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

I've been thinking about this is a turned-around light: "What would it take for Hanako to become a swimsuit model?"

First thought: is there a community in Japan that would find her burns attractive? I went rattling around Japanese Punk pictures ... and those are the cleanest-cut punks I've ever seen. So, probably no place in Japan. Scottish punks, on the other hand, are pretty rude. I could see a lot of punks and goths liking Hanako's look, first on the assumption it's radical makeup and then even more because her burns are real. But going from that situation to swimsuit model ... nope. Also, Hanako becoming a punk fan would require Hanako going to punk clubs, which is a bit of a stretch. People change, sometimes radically, but that's a bit much.

So if Hanako becomes a swimsuit model it's not entirely voluntary. Are there burn fetishists out there? This is the age of the internet -- to ask the question is to know the answer is yes (and no, I am not providing any links; for the love of all that's holy no way do I want to see the results of that Google search).

So, if Hanako got really down on her luck -- college not working out, not enough money to immigrate, Lilly and Akira not able to help her out -- and the wrong person came by with the wrong offer at the wrong time she could find herself doing some very risque modeling and hating every second of it.

**Shudder**

Damn, that's an awful end.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Liminaut wrote:**Shudder**

Damn, that's an awful end.
Ever see Requiem For A Dream?

Dear god that's awful... :cry:

On a brighter note... Hanako is really pretty. I don't know if she'd want to, but if the cameras liked her, couldn't they just take pictures of her non-burnt side? Heck, couldn't they even Photoshop out her scars if they really wanted to?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"