'What if Hanako..?' Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: 'What if Hanako..?' Thread

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:She'd be the kind of girl to sever your Achilles' tendon, then watch coldly as your calf rolls up your leg and you writhe around on the floor in agony. Y'know, if the situation ever called for it.
So she'd be impossibly yandere-hot?

Don't judge me like damn I swear to gobs I'll rage up in this joint
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:She'd be the kind of girl to sever your Achilles' tendon, then watch coldly as your calf rolls up your leg and you writhe around on the floor in agony. Y'know, if the situation ever called for it.
So she'd be impossibly yandere-hot?

Don't judge me like damn I swear to gobs I'll rage up in this joint
The words yandere and 'would still' did pop into my head typing this, if I'm honest xD
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

bhtooefr wrote:So, I think Hanako is naturally shy and somewhat prone to anxiety.

Without that tendency, she could very, very easily be the type that puts her bullies in the hospital, and then over the years, slowly mellows out.
I'm not sure if I agree with the idea of an extremely agressive Hanako. (or even an agressive Hanako) The only time she gets angry is when she's emotionally at rock bottom, Hisao keeps pressuring her and she's unable to escape. Even before her accident she hinted to be not the most assertive person in the world.

I do agree that without some of the core characteristics of her personality, she'd be a very different person, but isn't that the case for everyone?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Nobody agrees with the idea of an aggressive Hanako. That's why it's a "what if"...

With some adjustment of ages, I'm now picturing Hanako having to step up and take care of a parentless Lilly in place of Akira...This would end strangely.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:Nobody agrees with the idea of an aggressive Hanako. That's why it's a "what if"...

With some adjustment of ages, I'm now picturing Hanako having to step up and take care of a parentless Lilly in place of Akira...This would end strangely.
It would be cute if it happened after they met, and Hanako remembered how nice Lilly was to her, but Lilly didn't remember Hanako.
KrisIsLyra

What if Hanako became a swimsuit model?

Post by KrisIsLyra »

Do you think she'd become a big hit?
Oddball

Re: What if Hanako became a swimsuit model?

Post by Oddball »

This reminds me of something.

I use to go with a girl that had burns over most of her body. She mentioned to me one time that she wanted to be a model when she was younger but (in her own words) "the only thing I could ever model for now would be horror magazines," and she wasn't nearly as self conscious about her looks as Hanako.
Not Dead Yet
Potato

Post by Potato »

Quite possibly. Just judging by the design, her scars are at a point where they're not completely grotesque anymore. Real-life people with burns at a similar stage look perfectly pleasant.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Hanako currently and with her current confidence level? HELL No.
Hanako in a few years and with more self-confidence? Possible
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I don't think Hanako would like having light brought to her scars that act as a constant reminder of her dark, painful history.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

It'd be exactly like the MLP episode "Green Isn't Your Color" except replace Fluttershy with Hanako. And no, that isn't a forced reference, it really would be like that.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpunkySix wrote:It'd be exactly like the MLP episode "Green Isn't Your Color" except replace Fluttershy with Hanako. And no, that isn't a forced reference, it really would be like that.
I concur.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I don't think she'd even get that far. We're talking about a country with a history of segregating its schools and workplaces and that has had a cultural fixation on cleanness and purity. (openly flaunting disfigurements would cause quite a bit of discomfort) If Hanako'd even get the confidence to apply, she'd be promptly refused. I wouldn't be surprised if Hanako was refused entry in half the public baths for the same reason.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Hanako was refused entry in half the public baths for the same reason.
That's really unfortunate.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Hanako was refused entry in half the public baths for the same reason.
That's really unfortunate.
That's the sad truth, life is a big pile of wank and there isn't much you can do about it.
*drops microphone*
*Jumps onto forklift and drives away into the sunset, sobbing*
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon