Oh Lilly... what's wrong with me?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Oh Lilly... what's wrong with me?

Post by Xanatos »

MegaMoto wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Merloficus wrote:And to finish it up, being the loving and caring person she is she would SPARE Hisao the 2nd broken heart in under 6 months.
That was impossible unless she stayed. She did the next best thing and delayed breaking him as long as possible.
Exactly the longer she waited the closer they grew the harder the break was going to be. She only hurt Hiaso worse by waiting.
I'd hardly say giving him what he wanted for as long as possible hurt him any worse.

Oddball makes a good point...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Xanatos wrote:
MegaMoto wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I'd hardly say giving him what he wanted for as long as possible hurt him any worse.

Oddball makes a good point...
The longer you have something the harder it is to give up.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MegaMoto wrote:The longer you have something the harder it is to give up.
And? You still had it at some point.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all might apply here. Heck, any girl getting involved with Hisao probably keeps the same axiom in mind when starting a relationship with him.

Merloficus, Lilly could have told Hisao she couldn't have a relationship and I don't think Lilly planned to confess to Hisao at all. She was very much in love with Hisao already by the time she returned from Scotland though and when she was suddenly faced with the prospect of losing Hisao, it shattered her public face for a little while. If Hisao had taken his meds that day, their relationship may not have started at all. But Lilly's only human and there's only so much emotions that humans can repress. Lilly reached her limit then and there, that's why she blurted out her confession.
Also, we have no idea when Lilly was told she'd have to go back to Scotland or when she decided that she would. All that information she keeps to herself. It's entirely possible that they had their wheatfield scene and then a few days later Lilly got a phonecall about having to come home. We don't know any different.
Oddball, Lilly did get her summoning while she was in Scotland. Akira says so herself when she tells Hisao about it. What we don't know is when she decided she had to heed her parents' call.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I still get the feeling that she didn't decide to definitely go until after after she told Hisao. After Hisao failed to show any emotional reaction or beg her to stay. I think if he'd made any sort of fuss it would have resolved the problem. I mean, she certainly changed her mind soon enough after nearly killing himself chasing her.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Oddball wrote:Also, we have no idea when Lilly was told she'd have to go back to Scotland or when she decided that she would. All that information she keeps to herself. It's entirely possible that they had their wheatfield scene and then a few days later Lilly got a phonecall about having to come home. We don't know any different.
Yes, we do:
Akira wrote:"When our folks told me that when we were at their place, though, they also gave Lilly a summons to rejoin them in Inverness."
Lilly got her summons to Scotland while she was in Inverness with Akira - before the wheatfield scene.
Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all might apply here.
Maybe, but she didn't give Hisao a choice in the matter. If she'd told him she was going to leave, he could have decided if he wanted to do this emotional investment. As it happend, she just deceived him.
I still get the feeling that she didn't decide to definitely go until after after she told Hisao.
Also wrong:
Hisao wrote:"How long have you known? I already know you were asked when you first went to Scotland, about a month ago."
Lilly wrote:"Some… time."
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Xanatos wrote:
Yea sure you had it but if you never had it in the first place you wouldn't have to go through the pain of losing it.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

MegaMoto wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Yea sure you had it but if you never had it in the first place you wouldn't have to go through the pain of losing it.
I wonder if I'm the only one who finds it funny to hear you say that while noting that you have Emi as an avatar.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Guest Poster wrote:
MegaMoto wrote: Yea sure you had it but if you never had it in the first place you wouldn't have to go through the pain of losing it.
I wonder if I'm the only one who finds it funny to hear you say that while noting that you have Emi as an avatar.
This is the part where I say touche. I admit that is a little hypocritical. Everyone has made some good points and this argument is some of the most fun I've had on the forums.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MegaMoto wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Yeah, except for all the pain he has to go through either way because whether or not she confesses, he still has a thing for her and her leaving would royally suck either way. :lol:
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Xanatos does make a good point. Lilly wasn't just in love with Hisao, but Hisao was also in love with Lilly and was already pondering the best way to confess to her. It's not unlikely that even if Lilly hadn't lost her cool and confessed to Hisao, Hisao would have confessed his feelings to her. Probably during that very trip to Hokkaido. What would have happened then is anyone's guess. Would Lilly have pretended the feeling wasn't mutual? I suspect she'd have difficulty with that since rejecting him would have caused him pain as well and might have driven a rift in their little family. Or maybe came clean about her parents' proposal? Unlikely too, at least at that point.
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

MegaMoto wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:
MegaMoto wrote: Yea sure you had it but if you never had it in the first place you wouldn't have to go through the pain of losing it.
This is the part where I say touche. I admit that is a little hypocritical. Everyone has made some good points and this argument is some of the most fun I've had on the forums.
^Quite :)
Feels nice to be able to discuss some genuine story elements of the game. it's a fun buzz in here :wink:

I agree with Mega on this. Bad comparison incoming:
If for instance i had to give up a $200.000 car: sure, no problem. Don't have one anyway.
But if i had one, i'm sure i'd be more relucatant.
If you stop the relation dead in its tracks, before it even begins, i'm sure it wouldn't leave that big of a mark. Though, as i said, you can't realy compare the two. As if you could put a monetary value on a relationship between 2 people :lol:

Whether or not Lilly gave Hisao an option... As it stands, indeed no imo. He was left clueless until the very end. But as pointed out before, Hisao never was the one to look too far ahead. They both lacked some communication in their relationship.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Can I also point out that Lilly also didn't tell Hanako her best friend. She didn't tell anyone which makes sense because it's obviously a hard decision. I will say I understand why she did it but I still don't agree with it.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MegaMoto wrote:Can I also point out that Lilly also didn't tell Hanako her best friend. She didn't tell anyone which makes sense because it's obviously a hard decision. I will say I understand why she did it but I still don't agree with it.
Plus Hanako would have a nervous breakdown...
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

MegaMoto wrote:Can I also point out that Lilly also didn't tell Hanako her best friend. She didn't tell anyone which makes sense because it's obviously a hard decision. I will say I understand why she did it but I still don't agree with it.
Telling Hanako that she would be losing the only supporting pillar she has known the past few years would take time to word properly to minimize the reaction. I wouldn't want to be be told that until absolutely neccesary.

As a sidenote, there was that study on whether or not people would like to know the day they would die. 96% of people in the study said no. And while this is not the end of their life, it is the end of their life with Lilly so perhaps similar rules apply.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.