Thoughts on the H-scenes?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umber

Re: Thoughts on the H-scenes?

Post by Umber »

SpecimenSix wrote:
pandaphil wrote: That's an understatement. From what I've read, it was a depression generator.
Yea from what I've read it sounded brutal. There we're some interesting ideas for H-scenes I've read though.
Interesting, indeed.

Didn't Hanako's beta route have her committing suicide after you had sex with her?
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Umber wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
pandaphil wrote: That's an understatement. From what I've read, it was a depression generator.
Yea from what I've read it sounded brutal. There we're some interesting ideas for H-scenes I've read though.
Interesting, indeed.

Didn't Hanako's beta route have her committing suicide after you had sex with her?
I believe it was something like that, yeah.

Thank goodness someone apparently stepped in and realized "Nobodies gonna want to play this depressing mess!"
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

pandaphil wrote:
Umber wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
Interesting, indeed.

I believe it was something like that, yeah.

Thank goodness someone apparently stepped in and realized "Nobodies gonna want to play this depressing mess!"
then you should go and play Nier
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Thank goodness someone apparently stepped in and realized "Nobodies gonna want to play this depressing mess!"
I'd have played it...You know the saying, curiosity killed the Hanako.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Thank goodness someone apparently stepped in and realized "Nobodies gonna want to play this depressing mess!"
I'm not sure if laughing at this means I'm going to Hell or not...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I'm not sure if laughing at this means I'm going to Hell or not...
See ya there. :P

I imagine in the beta route, Hanako was actually raped instead of delusional idiots just thinking she was...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Xanatos wrote:I imagine in the beta route, Hanako was actually raped instead of delusional idiots just thinking she was...
By Hisao?

Can one still get their hands on the beta?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

ArcCain wrote:
Xanatos wrote:I imagine in the beta route, Hanako was actually raped instead of delusional idiots just thinking she was...
By Hisao?
No, by Nomiya.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ArcCain wrote:
By Hisao?

Can one still get their hands on the beta?
I don't think it was ever actually put into the game, only written and rejected. You can, however, get hold of grid1, which is essentially the alpha version of the game.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Just so you know, usually when direct talk about the beta route comes up, the topic gets shut down. The devs don't much care for people discussing the leaked script.

Granted, most of the people here discussing it don't seem to have actually read it and lots of the information about characters dying was actually discussed on the forums prior to the leak, so it might still stand, but I just wanted to give everybody a heads up. I'm not quite sure where exactly they draw the line.
Not Dead Yet
Umber

Post by Umber »

Oddball wrote:Just so you know, usually when direct talk about the beta route comes up, the topic gets shut down. The devs don't much care for people discussing the leaked script.

Granted, most of the people here discussing it don't seem to have actually read it and lots of the information about characters dying was actually discussed on the forums prior to the leak, so it might still stand, but I just wanted to give everybody a heads up. I'm not quite sure where exactly they draw the line.
Ah. To be safe, I guess we should all just shut up now.

...Anyone else here think that Misha's H-scene was more awkward than the track shed?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Umber wrote:
...Anyone else here think that Misha's H-scene was more awkward than the track shed?

And its completely spoiled the notion of 'comforting' someone in the game.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:
Umber wrote:
True, but to be fair I don't think anyone didn't know what they were getting when they selected the option. I mean she literally just kissed Hisao right beforehand.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Umber

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote:
Umber wrote:

I feel like there should've been another word in the place of [Comfort Misha] (and Misha's plea right before the decision point), but since KS doesn't go explicitly into saying "Please have sex with me," it's just going to have to do. I don't mind that much, it only means we had to have paid attention to the context.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Umber wrote:
pandaphil wrote:
Umber wrote:

I feel like there should've been another word in the place of [Comfort Misha] (and Misha's plea right before the decision point), but since KS doesn't go explicitly into saying "Please have sex with me," it's just going to have to do. I don't mind that much, it only means we had to have paid attention to the context.

Actually my point is Its totally spoiled the use of the word in the story. For example, I can't write a scene in a fic where Hisao thinks about how much he wants to comfort a crying Hanako without hearing imagined snickers from the reader.