Can't get Hanako out of my mind.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ProfAllister

Re: Can't get Hanako out of my mind.

Post by ProfAllister »

Actually speaking from experience, getting laid for the sake of getting laid IS overrated. Getting laid as part of a meaningful relationship is something entirely different.

Still sticking with my advice elsewhere - find a way to channel the excess energy. You've found something with which you're dissatisfied, but you don't know what it is. You're feeling a strong compulsion to do something about it, hence the excess energy.

Do some soul searching. You're not Hisao, no matter how much you resemble him. Nor are you Shizune, Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Rin, Misha, Kenji, Mutou, Yuuko, Akira, Hideaki, Jigoro, Meiko, Miki, Nomiya, Sae, or even the Antiques Dealer. You are you. The solutions to other peoples' problems are not your own. You may find the same solutions as others, but that's because they're the solutions to your problems.

Not everything can be fixed right away, of course. Some things take time, and you can't fix everything yourself. But you can change to make yourself better.

I know we sound like broken records, but KS won't fix you. It can help you, if you let it. Someone here once described KS as gently knocking, asking to be let in. Once you let it in, it starts asking questions, starting with simple unassuming questions, but slowly striking closer to home, making you more uncomfortable - not because the questions are inappropriate, but because you don't like the answers (or don't want to know the answers). Then, with a gentle smile, it leaves you to your thoughts.

If you want, you can dig in deeper and let the feels fade. It's probably not healthy, but it gets rid of the feels... eventually. On the other hand, you can look at yourself, admit that you aren't satisfied with yourself, and try to change.

KS, and most of the people on this forum, want you to make your life better. But you're the only one who can actually take steps to do that.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

lol, the people who are saying getting laid is overrated are just envious of the people who can get laid easy. Prudes.

Virginity is overrated.
Xden

Post by Xden »

ProfAllister wrote:Actually speaking from experience, getting laid for the sake of getting laid IS overrated. Getting laid as part of a meaningful relationship is something entirely different.
Going to have to agree with this guy, and pretty much most of what he said.
Snow_Storm wrote:lol, the people who are saying getting laid is overrated are just envious of the people who can get laid easy. Prudes.

Virginity is overrated.
Not a virgin by any means. Had sex way more than I can count. Sex for the sake of having sex gets old. We say it because we realize that there are better things out there to put our time into. I'd take one girl to cuddle with every night over having sex with different girls all the time. Now, sex with someone you love and can spend all of your time with. That's some hot stuff right there.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

ProfAllister wrote:Actually speaking from experience, getting laid for the sake of getting laid IS overrated. Getting laid as part of a meaningful relationship is something entirely different.

Still sticking with my advice elsewhere - find a way to channel the excess energy. You've found something with which you're dissatisfied, but you don't know what it is. You're feeling a strong compulsion to do something about it, hence the excess energy.

Do some soul searching. You're not Hisao, no matter how much you resemble him. Nor are you Shizune, Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Rin, Misha, Kenji, Mutou, Yuuko, Akira, Hideaki, Jigoro, Meiko, Miki, Nomiya, Sae, or even the Antiques Dealer. You are you. The solutions to other peoples' problems are not your own. You may find the same solutions as others, but that's because they're the solutions to your problems.

Not everything can be fixed right away, of course. Some things take time, and you can't fix everything yourself. But you can change to make yourself better.

I know we sound like broken records, but KS won't fix you. It can help you, if you let it. Someone here once described KS as gently knocking, asking to be let in. Once you let it in, it starts asking questions, starting with simple unassuming questions, but slowly striking closer to home, making you more uncomfortable - not because the questions are inappropriate, but because you don't like the answers (or don't want to know the answers). Then, with a gentle smile, it leaves you to your thoughts.

If you want, you can dig in deeper and let the feels fade. It's probably not healthy, but it gets rid of the feels... eventually. On the other hand, you can look at yourself, admit that you aren't satisfied with yourself, and try to change.

KS, and most of the people on this forum, want you to make your life better. But you're the only one who can actually take steps to do that.
Love the way you described the game. I guess the game is kinda like a wake up call. Or just pointing out what's holding me back. Thanks. Just went back to jogging and hitting the gym.
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
Xden

Post by Xden »

Keneshiro wrote:Love the way you described the game. I guess the game is kinda like a wake up call. Or just pointing out what's holding me back. Thanks. Just went back to jogging and hitting the gym.
That's great to hear, man. Love to see more people being affected by the spirit of this game. If you need help keeping up your jogging/workout routine, remember you can post on http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5176 for support. Even if people don't reply, there are always people reading through the thread and seeing what you post, kind of like having workout buddies.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Xden wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:lol, the people who are saying getting laid is overrated are just envious of the people who can get laid easy. Prudes.

Virginity is overrated.
Not a virgin by any means. Had sex way more than I can count. Sex for the sake of having sex gets old. We say it because we realize that there are better things out there to put our time into. I'd take one girl to cuddle with every night over having sex with different girls all the time. Now, sex with someone you love and can spend all of your time with. That's some hot stuff right there.
It's great to see some people who get the "Comfort Misha" lesson. The irony is that the people yelling "get laid" the loudest are the ones who never have. :)
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

ProfAllister wrote:You're not ... Jigoro ...
Exfuckingcuse me? If I say I'm an asshole samurai bear man then I am goddammit!
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
With a tiny cock. We mustn't forget Jigoro's obvious adequacy issues when he was carrying that sword around.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Someone needs to write and perform a parody version of Will Smith's Gettin' Jiggy With It entitled Get Jigoro With It, so people could link it on threads that lead back to Jigoro and thus would actually be amusing.

I'd try it myself, but I took one look at the original lyrics and felt the urge to stab myself in the eyes with a crowbar to extradite them from my brain - by any means necessary.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Pyramid Head wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:
With a tiny cock. We mustn't forget Jigoro's obvious adequacy issues when he was carrying that sword around.

I bet he drives a gigantic yellow Hummer.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

i was just looking at the image that interpreted the reasons as to why we are attached to different girls, ie our hang ups. Being the guy who got attached to Hanako, it mentions that I should face my fears of social rejection. But I can't help but wonder, what if I don't care about it? As in, I don't like going to parties, because, let's be honest, everyone gets drunk except me since I never drink and they talk about stuff that I don't care about.
I was wondering how you guys interpreted the reason why we are each attached to a certain character. It's like food for thought, I guess.
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Keneshiro wrote:i was just looking at the image that interpreted the reasons as to why we are attached to different girls, ie our hang ups. Being the guy who got attached to Hanako, it mentions that I should face my fears of social rejection. But I can't help but wonder, what if I don't care about it? As in, I don't like going to parties, because, let's be honest, everyone gets drunk except me since I never drink and they talk about stuff that I don't care about.
I was wondering how you guys interpreted the reason why we are each attached to a certain character. It's like food for thought, I guess.
It's an interesting analysis. I don't have a lot of social anxieties, but I do get the whole trust thing with Hanako. The thought of being able to be completely open with someone that you're in love with is hugely attractive to me, probably because I wasn't able to do so when I fell in love IRL. I'm an introvert, and so I think I empathize with some of Hanako's desires not to be around other people. But one of the things I admire about Hanako is her desire to be there for her friends when they need her. She treasures her friendships, and while I don't feel like I've exactly treated my friends and family poorly, I know I could do a lot better. I have a tendency to live inside my own head most of the time, and sometimes I think I let that tendency shut other people out.

And with Emi, the description is pretty spot-on. I've always felt like the guy who gives up, the guy who can't stick things out and flakes out when things start to get frustrating or old or whatever. I've lost a friendship over that, too. Emi's dedication to what she's passionate about is inspiring to me, and of course the thought of a lovely and fun young woman who wants to get my butt in gear and keep me focused so I can actually achieve things is a very attractive one.
Last edited by mysterycycle on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Pseudogenesis wrote: I bet he drives a gigantic yellow Hummer.
Nah, he's an outdoorsman, so I bet he'd just drive a huge pimped-out Jeep...oh, wait.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Xden wrote:
Actually speaking from experience, getting laid for the sake of getting laid will at least occupy you and boost your self-esteem while you look for that person to start the meaningful relationship with, not to mention getting you out and into social situations (where potential meaningful people lurk) instead of sitting at home feeling sorry for yourself (I wrote a lengthy treatise on this elsewhere on this forum).

Virginity is overrated.
Not a virgin by any means. Had sex way more than I can count. Sex for the sake of having sex gets old.[/quote][/quote]

It gets tiring. Friends with benefits taught me that if it's available whenever you like, it's possible to overindulge. It doesn't get 'old' so much as wear you out. I'd still recommend it for two unattached people able to be sensible and mature about it.
Xden

Post by Xden »

Keneshiro wrote:i was just looking at the image that interpreted the reasons as to why we are attached to different girls, ie our hang ups. Being the guy who got attached to Hanako, it mentions that I should face my fears of social rejection. But I can't help but wonder, what if I don't care about it? As in, I don't like going to parties, because, let's be honest, everyone gets drunk except me since I never drink and they talk about stuff that I don't care about.
I would say it's fine to not want to go out and party like that, but maybe you just aren't going out with the right people. It sounds like the ones you do go out with aren't very interesting to you if you don't care about what they're talking about. I think we just get attached to 1.) the first character we play, since the game may impact us the most at that time 2.) the character/route that most compliments us or relates to us the most somehow. I've heard people say that their first girl wasn't their favorite by any means. It's hard to say for sure though. People get attached to things for different reasons from my experience.