OtakuNinja wrote:Alright, this is what we've got so far:

Emibro
Hanabro
Lillybro :?
Rin Kin
Feminist
Two-timer
The first three are uncreative. Boo!
Emibro and Hanabro have already been established in the KS community. ;) But please help me think of something creative for Lilly. 'Bro' doesn't fit her at all... :|
Screw the community. Call Hanako fans Baconators. :P

Lilly likes tea. The Mad Hatter likes tea. Do something with that. :mrgreen:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Re: Getting the feels, should I play the other story paths?

Post by Dream »

yates wrote:I think whatever the first play through you do is the most emotional. Emi was my second play through and I didn't have the feels.
More than that, i think that the first playthrough being the most emotional is a coincidence, since the player tends to choose the girl he or she is most drawn to for their first route.

And on topic, yes, definitively, you would be missing out on a lot if you didn't.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Megumeru

Re: First Playthrough... Now What?

Post by Megumeru »

FortuneSnowman wrote:Am I allowed to be neutral on Shizune or will I be burned at the stake?
Who said you can't? Neutrality is best when you're uncertain on something or someone; besides, only a select few are capable of grasping her character, so not everyone is going to like her.
Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Alright, this is what we've got so far:

Emibro
Hanabro
Lillybro :?
Rin Kin
Feminist
Two-timer
The first three are uncreative. Boo!
Alright, I'll take a shot...

Lilliums, Blinders,Lilliites...can't think of anything else. E-moes :lol:, Emites, f-EMInist...maybe.

Since Hana -> flower...
Hippies. I can't think about anything concerning her though...Baconites, maybe?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Dream wrote:
yates wrote:I think whatever the first play through you do is the most emotional. Emi was my second play through and I didn't have the feels.
More than that, i think that the first playthrough being the most emotional is a coincidence, since the player tends to choose the girl he or she is most drawn to for their first route.

And on topic, yes, definitively, you would be missing out on a lot if you didn't.

You can't call it coincidence and draw a clear correlation in the same sentence. :roll:

Anyway, I Hanako's was my first route, and she was indeed the one I was drawn to first, but then I played Rin's route.

The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Dream

Post by Dream »

Pseudogenesis wrote:You can't call it coincidence and draw a clear correlation in the same sentence. :roll:

Anyway, I Hanako's was my first route, and she was indeed the one I was drawn to first, but then I played Rin's route.
My bad, words aren't my strong point most of the time. That said yeah, Hanako was my first and i think she had the greatest impact on me. Rin's route is good/inspiring indeed and getting to be my favorite route. But at least up to the point i've played it, never found it as emotional as Hanako's.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Zezin wrote:Shizune's isn't very hard with the feels you don't need a break for that one.
False.

Two words: bad end.

go play the other routes after you've recovered at least enough. Before that, use that 'FEELS' as some sort of energy for creativity or destruction :twisted:

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Hanako means "flower child", but I'll stick with Hanabro. :)

I do like the idea of 'Lilium'. It combines Lilly and Elfen Lied, and I love both.

EDIT: Boppin said 'Lilly Lover', that's perfect! :D
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Megumeru wrote:
Zezin wrote:Shizune's isn't very hard with the feels you don't need a break for that one.
False.

go play the other routes after you've recovered at least enough. Before that, use that 'FEELS' as some sort of energy for creativity or destruction :twisted:

I thought the bad end was pretty poorly done, to be honest. (I know, what a surprise.) It was a random non-sequitur from what the Misha and Hisao would really do, and from that point on the plot continues the same way the good end does, without reference to the route-altering decision. Then, at some point, Shizune vaguely ends the relationship with no pretense as to why she does it, other than that they're 'drifting apart' or whatever phrasing she uses. And Hisao (Unjustifiably) gets pissed. The whole thing is pretty incoherent when you think about it.
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Megumeru wrote:
False.

I thought the bad end was pretty poorly done, to be honest. (I know, what a surprise.) It was a random non-sequitur from what the Misha and Hisao would really do, and from that point on the plot continues the same way the good end does, without reference to the route-altering decision. Then, at some point, Shizune vaguely ends the relationship with no pretense as to why she does it, other than that they're 'drifting apart' or whatever phrasing she uses. And Hisao (Unjustifiably) gets pissed. The whole thing is pretty incoherent when you think about it.
It depends on perspective, mostly. There's a lot of dis-communication between the three of them and one BIG secret between two of them that they're keeping from the third. The bad ending in regards, practically destroys their relationship permanently and--particularly--destroys Shizune as a whole.

You see that girl who used to boss you around? That strong, determined, high-tension young lady who ran the student council with incomparable zeal and enthusiasm? Well not anymore; look at that former shell now broken and crippled sitting on the steps of Yamaku. You know what's the best part? You're the one who drove her there in the first place. And now you're pissed that she broke up with you. Way to go, Hisao! Way to go.

Have a bullet to the head you sob...

...aaand that's about as simple as I can word it out.

SHII-HAEL!
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

But that reaction was a blatant departure from the way Hisao was characterized, even for that route. And the reason for her breakdown and breakup was never stated, she just gave some vague answer that didn't hint at whether she had found out or not.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I don't know. Part of me is amused by the fact that the least popular girl in the fandom is the only one you get an option to cheat on. It's like even Hisao is going, "You know what? I can do better than this." :lol:
Not Dead Yet
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Pseudogenesis wrote:But that reaction was a blatant departure from the way Hisao was characterized, even for that route. And the reason for her breakdown and breakup was never stated, she just gave some vague answer that didn't hint at whether she had found out or not.
That reaction was pretty much my own when I finished her route the first time. Not Hisao's :P

I can elaborate further, but it'll take quite some time (not to mention it's been discussed over and over again). Shoot me a PM if you're interested though and we'll go from characterization, plot-points, critical moments, up to the grand finale :D
Oddball wrote:I don't know. Part of me is amused by the fact that the least popular girl in the fandom is the only one you get an option to cheat on. It's like even Hisao is going, "You know what? I can do better than this." :lol:
It's more or less how the game judges you (or how you judge yourself):
are you the type of person who'd remain loyal with your virtue regardless of the risk and temptation? Or are you the type who thinks more with little johnny and think more in the 'now' than the consequences/later?

It's pretty clear that Shizune's bad ending puts Hisao in the 'now' more than the 'later'. He ends up regretting it and--consequently--destroys the relationship between all three of them.

SHII-HAEL!
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

FortuneSnowman wrote:Hello, I'm the Fortune Snowman... I guess... and well, I suppose I should start. So, I figure if I'm going to be new here, I may as well explain my first playthrough, right? That's a good introduction as any, isn't it?

Well, recently I've been in kind of a drought of VN games, and when I saw mention of one on a website along with a name, I decided "Well why not?" This turned out to be Katawa Shoujo. Once I got into it and realized what it was, well I decided to stick with it because I figured at this point I owed it a chance (I had previously seen it and thought it's concept was a bit too off). May have been shallow on my part, but I decided that to avoid being uncomfortable, I'd probably just see which girl was least... off.

I now laugh at that prospect, because I ended up going with Rin. Feels weird, really does, but after those many hours of playing through it... it just feels kinda like Rin would be the very last person to go with if you were planning on trying them all. I know how weird it sounds, but I honestly can't even begin to imagine how any of the other paths could have been as deep or heart wrenching.

I actually honestly do want to try another path, but I'm legitimately worried it just wont come up to par after that whole ordeal. Yes, Rin's was actually that good. I can not possibly imagine any other path hitting me as hard, and if that's just one of five... I guess all I can really say is... wow. Bravo for the devs, really... Amazing.

Anyone have any suggestions for Round 2?
I finished my first playthrough last night (technically this morning, but that was just the last couple of scenes). I haven't played Rin yet, so I don't know what you saw in her, but I went with Lilly and really loved it. Actually, the feels mixed with my depression and I had a rough week breaking up over her.

Anyway, my next choice would be Hanako, but she's so close with Lilly, who I think I'd be best off giving some distance. Rin, however, managed to perk my interest, so I think I'll follow her path (and wait until my next break to do it, because I am NOT breaking up another story between weekends).
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
FortuneSnowman wrote:Hello, I'm the Fortune Snowman... I guess... and well, I suppose I should start. So, I figure if I'm going to be new here, I may as well explain my first playthrough, right? That's a good introduction as any, isn't it?

Well, recently I've been in kind of a drought of VN games, and when I saw mention of one on a website along with a name, I decided "Well why not?" This turned out to be Katawa Shoujo. Once I got into it and realized what it was, well I decided to stick with it because I figured at this point I owed it a chance (I had previously seen it and thought it's concept was a bit too off). May have been shallow on my part, but I decided that to avoid being uncomfortable, I'd probably just see which girl was least... off.

I now laugh at that prospect, because I ended up going with Rin. Feels weird, really does, but after those many hours of playing through it... it just feels kinda like Rin would be the very last person to go with if you were planning on trying them all. I know how weird it sounds, but I honestly can't even begin to imagine how any of the other paths could have been as deep or heart wrenching.

I actually honestly do want to try another path, but I'm legitimately worried it just wont come up to par after that whole ordeal. Yes, Rin's was actually that good. I can not possibly imagine any other path hitting me as hard, and if that's just one of five... I guess all I can really say is... wow. Bravo for the devs, really... Amazing.

I finished my first playthrough last night (technically this morning, but that was just the last couple of scenes). I haven't played Rin yet, so I don't know what you saw in her, but I went with Lilly and really loved it. Actually, the feels mixed with my depression and I had a rough week breaking up over her.

Anyway, my next choice would be Hanako, but she's so close with Lilly, who I think I'd be best off giving some distance. Rin, however, managed to perk my interest, so I think I'll follow her path (and wait until my next break to do it, because I am NOT breaking up another story between weekends).

Good luck. Rin has three endings and the most choices of the routes. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote:

Good luck. Rin has three endings and the most choices of the routes. :lol:
Hanako also has 3 endings. ;) I did her after Lilly and I regret nothing. :)
Last edited by OtakuNinja on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)