Can't get Hanako out of my mind.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Can't get Hanako out of my mind.

Post by Xanatos »

Snow_Storm wrote:Hmm. Last funeral I went I was more angry than sad given the fact it was for my cousin...who was a murder victim and he JUST got his Master's Degree.
I swear to God the second I find out whoever killed my cousin, I'm gonna kill them before the cops even attempts to get an arrest warrant out.

Anyway, on topic because this is gettin' rather depressing.

Um...err....since this is a Hanako's topic, this picture should be on subject, right?

[snip]
AW! Not cool, man. :P

Last edited by Xanatos on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Xden wrote:
Ascended Flutist wrote:In the words of the Wise man and Humorist Pierre Desproges : 'One can laugh of everything, but not with everyone.
I just met you, but I'm pretty sure I love everything you say.
So call them, maybe.
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

yummines wrote:i think the true irony here is that mr. sadguest here is the one that didnt learn from Hanako's path
because Hanako's path is not about being sensitive to those who have issues, rather its the opposite
Hanako's path teaches Hisao not to treat those who have issues or disabilities like they're broken machines, or like delicate pottery.
she neither wants nor needs a white knight. she just wanted someone to treat her like an equal, to see her for who she is. to see her as Hanako: the dark haired and intelligent beauty, not Hanako: the socially awkward scarred girl.

oh and i hate funerals as well. my tutor said he does as well, and that he prefers a Wake. if you dont know, its where rather than have a formal funeral where people sit around and silence and cry, everyone parties to celebrate the life of the person that has passed. they tell stories, drink, and hang pictures of the deceased to remind who this is for. that sounds a much better way to remember someone.
I guess you got me there. I guess playing the game just made me realise that I'm 21 and never dated. It's like a mid life crisis, but at 21.

On another note, iirc, someone on reddit made a post of putting a picture of Hanako on a lighter. If you guys are interested, I'll go poke around for it.

EDIT: Did some thinking. I guess, if I ever had the chance to be with her, I'd treat her like a normal everyday girl, in a way.
Last edited by Keneshiro on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Keneshiro wrote:
yummines wrote:i think the true irony here is that mr. sadguest here is the one that didnt learn from Hanako's path
because Hanako's path is not about being sensitive to those who have issues, rather its the opposite
Hanako's path teaches Hisao not to treat those who have issues or disabilities like they're broken machines, or like delicate pottery.
she neither wants nor needs a white knight. she just wanted someone to treat her like an equal, to see her for who she is. to see her as Hanako: the dark haired and intelligent beauty, not Hanako: the socially awkward scarred girl.

oh and i hate funerals as well. my tutor said he does as well, and that he prefers a Wake. if you dont know, its where rather than have a formal funeral where people sit around and silence and cry, everyone parties to celebrate the life of the person that has passed. they tell stories, drink, and hang pictures of the deceased to remind who this is for. that sounds a much better way to remember someone.
I guess you got me there. I guess playing the game just made me realise that I'm 21 and never dated. It's like a mid life crisis, but at 21.

On another note, iirc, someone on reddit made a post of putting a picture of Hanako on a lighter. If you guys are interested, I'll go poke around for it.
There's actually a term for that.

On the subject, I don't smoke, but I'd love to have a Hanako lighter. :3
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Xanatos wrote:
Keneshiro wrote:

There's actually a term for that.

On the subject, I don't smoke, but I'd love to have a Hanako lighter. :3
God damn it Wikipedia! You make everyone common.
Yeah a Hanako lighter would be kinda awesome.
But on the subject of funerals, I'd like a wake where the only song is 'Tip Toe Though the Tulips'. Why? Because I want to make sure everytime that song is stuck in everyone's head, they remember me.
/Misha laugh WAHAHAHAHAHA
EDIT: AHA! Found it. http://www.reddit.com/r/katawashoujo/co ... ako_zippo/
Image <<< The waifu
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Keneshiro wrote:God damn it Wikipedia! You make everyone common.
Yeah a Hanako lighter would be kinda awesome.
But on the subject of funerals, I'd like a wake where the only song is 'Tip Toe Though the Tulips'. Why? Because I want to make sure everytime that song is stuck in everyone's head, they remember me.
/Misha laugh WAHAHAHAHAHA
EDIT: AHA! Found it. http://www.reddit.com/r/katawashoujo/co ... ako_zippo/
Heh.

What I'd like played depends on how I've died. And I best get a viking funeral...That, or have my corpse laid to rest in a stone coffin in the basement of my last house. I'mma haunt that shit. :D

Also, on the subject of KS-related creations, I'd like to find someone good at making sprites. I want to change my Recycle Bin icon so Rin's peeking out of it. :mrgreen:
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Xden wrote:
Xanatos wrote:If you can't laugh at tragedy, it will only make it worse. And for the survivors, arbitrarily deciding it's off-limits for humor only highlights that the victims are different and potentially broken.
There is some truth to this, but I think there is a limit to how far we should go with these jokes. Though that limit will likely always remain subjective. I think it's good to be wary of what company you are in before making such jokes. Some people might not be as at peace as other people with they're disabilities/lose.
Exactly. Anything can be funny, at the right time and place. I think people show their ignorance (specifically their lack of social awareness and protcol) not by the content of their jokes per se, but by the company and timing of said jokes. There are a few light hearted threads around here where basically anything goes, and choosing a thread like that for mockery is all good. However, choosing a thread where someone has come for a serious discussion and an appeal for help, and then hijacking it by treating it as a punching bag for the object of the OPs concern, is really petty and extremely gauche. Some people may need to lighten up a bit, but others need to grow up too.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I remember seeing on a subreddit somewhere that somebody would have 10,000 dollars stashed away after their death. According to their will, it'd be distributed to the close family members a year after his death, at which point they were supposed to throw a wild party in place of a funeral. If, on the other hand, they decided to give him a funeral (Which he did not want), the $10,000 would be evenly distributed to every person who arrived to the funeral with a dildo strapped to their foreheads. The local newspapers would advertise this so that if a funeral was ever thrown it would be guaranteed to be a complete disaster.

Fucking genius.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Gosh, this thread is getting depressing.
Sort of a update, I'm not visualising Hanako that much now but according to my parents I appear to be irritable/grumpy. I just feel restless.
Image <<< The waifu
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Keneshiro wrote:Gosh, this thread is getting depressing.
Yeah sorry about that -- we do have a few trolls lurking about. We have an igonore option in the personal setings though, and I make liberal use of. It filters out most of the trolls and their posts.
Keneshiro wrote:Sort of a update, I'm not visualising Hanako that much now but according to my parents I appear to be irritable/grumpy. I just feel restless.
Sounds like you need a positive outlet for those feels. Have you found anything new that interests you? Tackling that might burn off some of that nervous and pent up energy.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Supersona

Post by Supersona »

Keneshiro wrote:Sort of a update, I'm not visualising Hanako that much now but according to my parents I appear to be irritable/grumpy. I just feel restless.
Get laid. I'm being serious.
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Supersona wrote:
Cant. Even if i tried.
Image <<< The waifu
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Keneshiro wrote:
Supersona wrote:
Cant. Even if i tried.
It's overrated anyway (speaking from observation, not firsthand experience). If it comes down to it, you can always take a trip somewhere you can pay for it. No strings that way, in any case.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Xanatos wrote:
Keneshiro wrote:
Supersona wrote:
Cant. Even if i tried.
It's overrated anyway (speaking from observation, not firsthand experience).
Something (and more specifically, THAT) which you've never done is overrated? That's priceless.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

metalangel wrote:Something (and more specifically, THAT) which you've never done is overrated? That's priceless.
Absolutely.