Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

LilyKitsune

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by LilyKitsune »

metalangel wrote: This whole alpha vs beta/man up bullshit swirls around dating and relationship sites. There’s books like ‘No More Mr Nice Guy’ and ‘The Married Man’s Sex Life Primer’ encouraging exactly that kind of ‘stepping up’ and ‘retaking your masculinity’ and not being a pushover.

I think there’s a big difference between not being a doormat and being a jerk, however. So much crap is spewed about being manly and a real man and what a real man should do as opposed to just being yourself and having confidence and self respect behind it. I worry that it leads to the unrealistic expectations as Lockhart has given that a well built, masculine and confident guy won’t get rejected, because that suggests only those sort of guys will succeed.

Suffice it to say that there are some screwed up people and screwed up ideas out there about love and sex and relationships, and it’s easy to see why some people would go through a succession of unhappy dates and relationships and would therefore be more inclined to cling to someone halfway decent they’ve found for fear they won’t find anything better.
Well of course. Part of being douchey about one's insecurities is trying to force your way on others. Think of the "real women have curves" thing, and fat people attacking those who choose to lose weight, or are thin. Its just "real men have muscles and a bad attitude" instead.
metalangel wrote:The perils of posting on a phone: multiple quotes are a pain in the ass.
Very true.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

LilyKitsune wrote:
Well of course. Part of being douchey about one's insecurities is trying to force your way on others. Think of the "real women have curves" thing, and fat people attacking those who choose to lose weight, or are thin. Its just "real men have muscles and a bad attitude" instead.
Gold star! See also: "meat is for men, bones are for dogs".
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

metalangel wrote:The perils of posting on a phone: multiple quotes are a pain in the ass.
I know that feel bro
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Khalego

Re: No girl is worth of what I'm about to describe

Post by Khalego »

Lockhart wrote:The moment you start to treat your girl as the only one, the princess, sweetypie, you will signal that she has complete power over you.
That...Isn't how that works...And the rest of that post so reeks of awful nonsense, I can't even.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Man, I'm torn between laughing at that wall of bullshit and finding it sad you actually believe it.

Do you feel euphoric when you tip your fedora?

Come back when you actually start dating women and not girls.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Man, I'm torn between laughing at that wall of bullshit and finding it sad you actually believe it.

Do you feel euphoric when you tip your fedora?

Come back when you actually start dating women and not girls.
Oh man, this, so much.

If you actually believe that a girl WANTS you to be some arseholish body builder with an attitude, and you started dating when you weren't, thats just sad.

Example, Im not a body builder, im not "Alpha" Im not incredibly masculine (I have a toned body, but unless you saw me naked you couldn't really tell)
Heres the thing though, I call my girlfriend a Princess, amazing, the only girl for me, because it makes her happy. She dosen't see it as me saying im her "Dog" because im not, we've had arguments, we've both won some and lost some, but we stayed together because we love eachother. She dosent wish i was some manly bouncer who has 10 girls on his arm but chose her, she likes me for who I am. (And she's a solid 8-9, just to break your stereotype some more)

Once you start dating real women, and not 16 year old girls who only want some big burly man to look after them and inevitable cheat on them, maybe you'll see this.

Anyway,
Back to reddit with you.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

There is no such thing as "alpha" and "beta." They are terms people use to define themselves because they can't come up with a personality on their own.

When you boil what he said down to its essence, all he's saying is "never let your girl know she's irreplaceable, because then she'll treat you like garbage. Make sure she knows you can replace her so she'll treat you right."

What a pathetic view to have of relationships. Coincidentally, I have never met anyone with this attitude that also didn't say the following two things: "I have standards, I don't want to settle" and "Why can't I find anyone?"

How many times have you seen a guy or a girl dating someone who is "way out of their league"? You'll see a fat guy with a gym bunny or someone who looks like Brad Pitt dating what looks like the school librarian. It's nothing to do with them being "alpha" or not. What it usually comes down to is self confidence and self respect. If you have that, you will draw the attention of the opposite sex, and your relationships will be more meaningful than people who only want you because you're a body builder or supermodel.

Alphas may have an easier time hooking up when they're young with people who are just as shallow, but if they keep that attitude, they're the ones who still hang out at the bars in their 30s telling the chick they're trying to get with what a bitch their 3rd ex-wife is.
Last edited by Eurobeatjester on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Khalego

Re: No girl is worth of what I'm about to describe

Post by Khalego »

Lockhart wrote:Youtube "marriage proposal fail". What's a common trait of those guys? See how feminine/out of shape/nerdy they all are? See how submissive their posture is, how quick are they to kneel and call their woman the best thing in the entire world, ever? I dare you to find 1 video of a well built, masculine, confident guy proposing and getting rejected.

Treat women with respect and, if it comes to that, love. But be aware of your own value as a man, and understand that the fantasy of every woman is to be with an alpha male, who could cheat if he wanted to, but doesn't.

Shizune picked Hisao because she thought he has the potential to be that alpha. He failed. In the "good ending" he's friendzoned, determined to "keep chasing" (literal quote from the game) her. Pro tip: if you have to chase your girlfriend, chances are he's not actually your girlfriend.
1) I could in all likelihood find that but I can't be bothered to curate through hundreds of random proposal videos and you don't deserve the validation of that effort anyway.

2) My value as a man and a human being comes in not being insufferably thick-headed and delusionalbeing smart enough to realize that complimenting a woman isn't devaluing me or giving her any kind of undue power. And fantasies vary by person, by the way. Are you some kind of bizarre woman-exclusive telepath?

3) In the good ending, they all pursue their own ambitions with a mutual ongoing friendship and hopes to meet again someday with accomplishments and stories to share. Y'know, life. He is not "friendzoned" and he does not keep chasing her.

4) I want to welcome new members here. But you sound like suuuuuuch an ass that I have to say this: Get off my internet. Please!
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

What's wrong with school librarians? ;)
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Guest Poster wrote:What's wrong with school librarians? ;)
Not a goddamn thing.

*Giggles maniacally*
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

I am alpha and omega; the beginning and the end. I would like to think that we as humans are past alpha males and such, I think it really comes down to whether a person is ready. Back in ye old days with knights and the bubonic plague, woman were more likely to marry because of the lack of experience and short life(Amoung various other reasons, that I don't want to get into). In the present we have a lot of time, so we can afford to learn and not rush things, maybe the woman wasn't ready yet? Who knows, we only ever see the fail; not the entire relationships.

Who knows maybe the guy was a prick, and we only ever saw him being nice? You can never pass judgement without at least knowing all the sides. :)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

It's almost textbook "there's nothing wrong with me, it must the women" searching for a logical, comforting explanation as to why romantic/relationship woes keep happening. Women's expectations are too high! Women are treated like princesses! Men need to recapture their sweaty, grunting, hairy masculinity! Make them all pay! Treat new people badly because of how past people treated you!

It's really easy to feel this way, to feel angry and upset and ugly and worthless and take it personally (in a way, it is). There are steps you can take to make yourself more desirable, too.

Chips on the shoulder, being bitter/jaded and openly carrying a lot of baggage, though, no. This is extremism.

I'm sure the posts will be edited or deleted again soon enough, and we can get on with our lives.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Brad Pitt dating what looks like the school librarian.
Brad Pitt dated Yuuko?

Oh snap. Anyway. I think we're all agreed on this unpleasantness. Moving on...>>
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Lockheart, you are creating shadows where there are none. I will take this to PM for space's sake, but I think I can explain what's happening in one graphic.
Alucard.jpg
Alucard.jpg (6.98 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

Broomhead wrote:Lockheart, you are creating shadows where there are none. I will take this to PM for space's sake, but I think I can explain what's happening in one graphic.
I think everything has been said. Just uh... go easy on the cringe, eh?