What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Should I do the bad ends too...?

Post by Potato »

Nobody in Particular wrote:Yes, you should definitely do the bad and neutral ends as they contain some of the best parts of the entire VN (Rin neutral and Shizune bad for example) and are very enjoyable. VNs generally don't do bad ends well (or not in my experience) but KS is one of the few in which they were great. Even if you decide not to do the bad ends, the Kenji one is essential reading.

Lilly's neutral one isn't all that important however (unless you want the 100% CG) as the game just cuts off a little earlier. That one would have been better if (Lilly's route spoilers) the neutral end cut off when Hisao has the heart attack in the airport. :D
Would it really have been a neutral end in that case? Sounds outright bad to me. Really, it was even bad enough as-is. I don't get why everyone calls it neutral in the first place. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

If Lilly wasn't Lilly, meaning she leaves with a smile despite her and Hisao being miserable about it later, people would probably just call that ending a bad ending.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Potato wrote: Would it really have been a neutral end in that case? Sounds outright bad to me. Really, it was even bad enough as-is. I don't get why everyone calls it neutral in the first place. :lol:
I don't get why they are called neutral ends either. Lilly's and Rin's ones were both pretty bad (and in the latter case the neutral end was probably worse than the bad one) and depressing/hopeless in their own way.
yummines

Post by yummines »

Pyramid Head wrote:...actually now that you say that, i think all of my favorite movies have either unhappy endings or endings that end on a bittersweet note. In fact i think all of my favorite everything works that way. Weird.
no kidding. a lot of the classics have pretty bittersweet endings, like To Kill A Mockingbird (especially with the trial), 1984, The Great Gatsby, Crime and Punishment...

oh and pretty much anything from Ancient Greece

yep, tragedy is delicious
ACSephiroth

Post by ACSephiroth »

Defiantly yes. It shows off some of the girls characteristics you wouldn't see in only the good endings, like Hanako's snapping when she shows how she resents Hisao and Lilly's coddling of her or Shizune's hypocrisy relating to dealing with problems. The Manly Picnic scene is a most see too.
D-Lite

Post by D-Lite »

Alright then!
I'll stop being a pussy and do the bad ends too :D
I'm a bit eh about it since Emi's route make me sooo happpy~
On her sex scene and then my mom came from work. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
Talk about timing. Oh well. I'll do it while my mom's here....secretly....at the living room....where's she's watching T.V.....
LOL. I'm crazy.
Well anyways, I'm going to the bad ends last since I'm still hesitant to them and I know it'll leave me a bad aftertaste......but I want to do all the good ends first~
I'm MORE hesitant with Rin's route though.....because I'm so clueless when conversing with her...LOL.
It's hilarious, but confusing. xD

Thanks guys!
DeadKarr

Post by DeadKarr »

D-Lite wrote:I finished Hanako's good end and made me feel really good and to play the other routes I feel like I'm cheating on her...so after a few months, I still love her but I convinced myself to finish up all the routes because she will always be my beloved (LOL)
and so, I'm going to do Emi's route because I heard her's is really short and cheerful and then I'm going to go to either Shizune or Lilly and then, Rin since I can not understand her at all. Lol... Well anyways, back to the real question, should I do the bad ends? I'm curious and I actually experience it but....I'm afraid it might be too much impact.....and I don't want to hurt them ;---; I read some spoilers but I quickly forgot about them, it made me sad at first but I forgot about them, mostly because I didn't actually experience the sadness in motion. So should I? I'm a bit afraid too. and if I am, I probably need to use the skip mode ALOT and the walkthrough. Makes me feel less a bit of a douchebag. LOL. Speaking of douchebags, heard Hisao is a big douchebag in the bad ends and the only memorable (and probably the other reason why I forgot the other routes) is the KEji bad route. I read some of it and heard that hisao dies because Kenji thinks he's a woman or he wants to get rid of Hisao since he's the start of the feminist revolution or something..
Dude the same thing happend to me when i finished emi
Kadadj

Getting the feels, should I play the other story paths?

Post by Kadadj »

I only downloaded KS out of curiosity, for the premise, and the fact that I've never played a visual novel before. I expected nothing but some laughs, and sexy anime chicks.
I ended up doing the Emi route, and a few hours into the game I'm still emotionally distant. Then Emi rejects Hisaou, and I feel anger, and from there it's a weird rollercoaster of emotions. After finishing the game, yesterday I still feel confused somehow, as though I can't process the story fully. I felt stronger empathy that I have ever before. It's weird, two days ago I was fine, and now I feel odd, like I'm carrying around an emotional weight. I can't really describe it as well as I'm sure other people here have done.
I do still though, somewhat reluctantly want to play the other story paths, why I don't know. Maybe I feel that I can learn something, that it somehow can push me into self improvement. I also haven't cried since I was like 10, and I don't think that's healthy. Maybe the other arcs can force some manly tears out of me. I'm also somewhat similar to Emi, in the way that I tend to stay away from emotions, and deep relationships, even though I deep down long for them(which I realized by playing the game). Which is sad, considering I've never had a girlfriend, even though I'm generally well liked, and look okay. It did inspire me to start running though, and If I manage to wake up early tomorrow I will do so.
I don't even know man. :(
Guest Poster

Re: Getting the feels, should I play the other story paths?

Post by Guest Poster »

Yes, you should play the other story paths. Why limit yourself to only the first path you happened to stumble upon?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

Guest Poster wrote:Yes, you should play the other story paths. Why limit yourself to only the first path you happened to stumble upon?
Because of the plausibility of "the feels". It's new to me, stoic as I normally am, to suddenly be so affected by something like this, and to such an extent. It's honestly scary and unsettling, being overflown with ambivalent emotions like that.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kadadj wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:Yes, you should play the other story paths. Why limit yourself to only the first path you happened to stumble upon?
Because of the plausibility of "the feels". It's new to me, stoic as I normally am, to suddenly be so affected by something like this, and to such an extent. It's honestly scary and unsettling, being overflown with ambivalent emotions like that.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

Rin really intrigues me. Maybe I'll try her storyline in the weekend, at night, with no possible interruptions. It would be somewhat funny if the first ting to make me cry in almost 9 years would be a visual novel ^^
Though, I also want to try Lilly's, in real life, shes definitively the one I would go for, I think.
This is actually the first time in my life I've ever been engrossed in a love story, it's weird.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kadadj wrote:Rin really intrigues me. Maybe I'll try her storyline in the weekend, at night. It would be somewhat funny if the first ting to make me cry in almost 9 years would be a visual novel ^^
Though, I also want to try Lilly's, in real life, shes definitively the one I would go for, I think.
This is actually the first time in my life I've ever been engrossed in a love story, it's weird.
Lilly's is good. And one of the fappable ones.

Rin's is full of feels. Plus it has two bad endings. People call one "neutral" but those people are lying. It sucks more than the "bad" one. :lol:

Fun fact (semi-spoiler for Rin): Her lack of arms is (at least according to the original sketch) a result of thalidomide, a sedative/painkiller linked to severe birth defects...And developed by a Nazi.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Of course you should play the other routes, if you enjoyed the first one then it's a no-brainer. Why the hell would you start a game and then only finish 1/5 of it? Silly huh?

As Xanatos already pointed out, if Emi's managed to get you depressed than Rin's will most likely destroy you. Lilly is a good one to play last, I recommend you leave that one until the end.

Oh and make sure you go for the bad endings sometime. Unlike most VNs, KS had some fantastic bad ends, especially in Rin's route. As you would presume, they are pretty damn emotional too.
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

Nobody in Particular wrote: As Xanatos already pointed out, if Emi's managed to get you depressed than Rin's will most likely destroy you.
That's why. I generally have too little emotion, so the change is as I've said unsettling. I will give the other stories a go then. Maybe I'll go for Shizune next, she seems like an interesting character, and her body is magnificent. And so is Misha's, even though she's somewhat shaped like a barrel. It's weird, I almost expected this game to be an interactive hentai with cripples, but fapping didn't even enter my mind. I did almost die on myself during the anal scene though :D